What's new

True Oaxacan Highland Land Race Sativa and 'Sticky Retardo'

Ronley said:
I grew out that Oaxicvan freebie, I found the weed to be very mild, but extremely pleasant.

Oaxacaspice's Oaxaca is fairly mild, not bad, but it's not all-that potent, its not a powerhouse by any means. It's a very very very GREAT high though, its wonderfully pleasent and very comfortable, and if I smoke enough I get quite high for quite a long while. I have to smoke like 4-5 bowls though, next to the 2 I would smoke of a stronger Sativa, but I can achieve a wonderful high from it, definetly better (IMHO) than most of the Sativa genetics going around (Effect whise, not potency). It's really good smoke, enjoyable to smoke and grown very well. But dont expect it to knock you on your ass.

Now the Sticky Retardo is a diffrent story :D That shit is WOW. 2 Small bowls this morning left my flying high through almost my entire school time (5 hours) At about 4 hours I felt it leaving me.. Powerful stuff right there..

G

The Oaxacan didn't finish well because I had to harvest early, in reality, the Oaxacan makes the Sticky look weak and is extremely visual when fully mature.

Paz y mas...

Last edited:
Alright ya'll I did an experiment today. I gathered up 2 diffrent kinds of mid grade indica, and the Oax and Sticky. I smoked them at seperated times and analyzed my high.

This morning before class I smoked 2 small bowls of sticky. The bowls were like 3/4 of a full bowl, not pakced down. I was high for about 4 hours! It was awesome! I was real speedy, floaty, it was a lot of fun.

Later on I smoked 3 bowls Oax and then 1 small bowl of Sticky. I couldnt stop smiling. It was so incredibly "Pleasant". It was the most comfortable high I have ever experienced. It was giggly and upity, not too speedy, real light, floating lol. Good shit.

Then after being high for about 30 minutes I smoked a few bowls of the Indicas. Right when I exhaled the first hit of the comercial Indica I felt a body stone, it's like it fell on me, very sudden. But the up high stayed there, we just stopped talking lol...

My conclusion -

The Oax is very very relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable. I was wrong - It IS potent, I guess I smoked a less resinated section of bud. :D Today it was quite potent. The Oax has a very strong Spicy smell, almost like oregeno or something lol. Good tho, and has a unique taste.

The SR is some grade A marijuana. Very very fast acting, potent Sativa, speedy giggly high. Potent, and tasty as well. It's spicy, but not as spicy as the Oax. Milder smell, but with a dash of Sweetness mixed in.

:D Both get an A++!

wow, i would sell my soul to smoke an old school 100% sativa.

and i think that modern day sativa's give you paranoia/raciness...i couldn't even imagine

G

dont know if this is the same stuff but I got some weed grown by a family member of a friend and it looked just like that...id never thought i would find anything that looked like that weed...it was fresh cut so it was still wet...anyways what a inspiring thread i wish I could pass on my growing knowledge to my kids even if they just want to grow roses...peace and keep it green...

astronaut

So, the Gypsy freebie Oaxacan Sativa going right now is also a 'pure' oaxacan weed? That's pretty sweet.

As far as vegging, which I've got 5 now, they are very strong. More Vigourous than my Northern Lights and boy, if you don't watch, they love to stretch. Their smell is not that strong, very light pine. But, as they've matured now to about a month and a half ( or a little less ), i could almost use the word fruity. It's such an odd smell. It's not pine, it's not spice, and it's not fruit. It's like i'm smelling a fruity vegetable garden or something. o_o; Pretty cool though.

I'll give my smoke report when they're done so more people will try this strain. lol.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
no the gypsy oaxaca is just a sativa he picked up in oaxaca, not an oaxacan sativa unfortunately. but I hear its nice.

G

man, those pics are beautiful! nice bump motaco. :)

i grew a landrace oaxacan strain a few years ago and it made even my heavy-smoking friends throw up from smoking too much. it was the trippiest shit i have ever experienced, you would smoke a few bowls of it and feel like you had been taking whiskey shots on mushrooms (im sure someone else knows that sensation). the room would be spinning out of control. that shit was the best pot i have ever had. i would do anything for a hundred or so pure oaxacan sativa seeds to sort through. :)

pescador

motaco said:
no the gypsy oaxaca is just a sativa he picked up in oaxaca, not an oaxacan sativa unfortunately. but I hear its nice.

Motaco- Are you saying that it MAY not be an oaxaca sativa (since simply buying some weed there does not garantee it being from that region), or are you confident it is NOT an oaxaca strain? Thanks in advance

pescador

mangled said:
smoked plenty of that,
people underestimate it

You mean the gypsy freebie, right? (not the oaxacan strain in general)

If so, did the freebie strain match this desciption by DJ short:

"MEXICAN
Highland Oaxaca

Highland Gold, somewhat similar to the Colombian Gold, lacked bright gold color but sported purple and red calyx tips on its blondish-brownish-green buds. It had larger buds surrounded by long, skinny leaves.

I smoked this variety during brief periods in the early 70's and again in the late 70's, paying anywhere between $40 and $120 per ounce. It was some of my all-time favorite because the aroma and flavor were of a super-spicy cedar incense with a slight fermented berry taste, in a very comfortable yet powerfully psychedelic pot. This herb contributed to many great parties, concerts and events of the era because it produced a very socially-conscious experience and mixed well with other psychedelics.

With a long lasting, creeper high that kept coming on in waves over the hours, this stuff had no ceiling. One phenomenon consistently reported from the Highland Oaxaca experience was that of peripheral visual distortions of primarily cartoon color images. This tended to increase the visual distortions caused by other psychedelics such as mushrooms or LSD.

The Oaxaca Highland Gold was a nearly pure Sativa which grew tall at 45°N, outdoors. It was also one of the most symmetrical Sativas I have encountered. The plants grew long side branches toward the bottom, and the even growth made these productive beauties look like Christmas trees when mature.

The finished product was a very sweet and spicy herb of the highest quality, with a hint of fruity pine aroma. The seeds for this variety were small, dark and round, and the plants exhibited slight signs of hermaphroditism and required surveillance to maintain seedlessness."

I am especially interested to know if the high is the same.

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts