What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Warden is pulling the plug.....

Murphy

KAMy said:
how do you like your table is that ebb and flow? im SOO interested on the dementions and why its not full of some medium to block out all root growth and i want to congraduate u on such amazing life you have produced

Each tub is 36" X 24", the total table itself it 52" X 36". I didn't fill it with hydrotron because of the cost. I bought 10" square aquatic net pots from Lowes for the plants, each tub hold 6 perfectly. There are a few plants that have different flowering times so I can start them in one tub and move them to the other to finish on thier schedule.

I added a SCROG screen over the other side.....a little later then I wanted but there's plenty poking thru the screen.

Pics will be up.....as soon as Web Support gets things up and running.

Murphy

:jump: :jump: :jump: We can upload pics again!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:

Here's a few shots from just a few minutes ago.
The clone cab........starting to really look empty :badday: ......and the last round I was 25 for 25. I guess it's stress but, some of the stems turned dark red.

I just did the LST tie down last night so everything hasn't turned up yet. All of the LST'ed plants along with a few others will be going to flower shortly.

A few of the Grape Krush plants. Some are still in dixie cups burried in with other plants until the first tub in the flower room gets opened up.

Left Side/Right side of the Veg Cab

and in the flower room....
Tub A AK-47 and a Mandala Safari Mix that goes about 90 days. One of the advantages of running 2 tubs in different stages of flower.

Tub B sent to flower on/about July 5th. SCROG screen was just added this week, I had trouble finding time to build it.

For all of you THUNK Fans out there, here's the largest bud on my plant.

I've got another 50 liters of hydrotron coming this week, If you look some of those pots are way light....I just didn't have the amount that I needed and the clone cab overgrew faster then planned. I had to use lava rocks.....I bought the only kind they offered, hopefully they will be alright. The Grape Krush will go to flower last, I'll pull them out of the pots for that run, I want max growth. I went with the Can 38 Special 50, most likely a little more than I need but, I don't want the Warden on my ass about smell and the prices were within a few $ of each other anyway.
I'll get some much better lights out pics tomorrow!!!

Murphy

Thanks Albert!

I snapped off a few more pics, I shifted things around a little bit and leveled them out more. I'm happy to say, I'm most frustrated at this point with trying to keep the buds standing upright! Seriously, it's a fight at this point.

....I still don't know anything about this. These buds are limp, always have been. I left the plant in there just to see how it turns out, if it comes up in the clones, I'm pulling them.

Here's the THUNK.....laid up

and a better idea of the light position. It's on a slide between the 2 top boards and shifted just a little because of the duct. I made it so I can move it about 8" from the center line either way depending on what tub is further into flower.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: yeah, I know, that carbon scrubber is a joke. That fan is turned way down, it's just temporary because of a few visitors.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
How's the Warden reacting to your improving skills Murph? Any chance of an encore? To me, making someone that is obviously on the way to becoming a successful grower give it up is like telling Picasso to stop fingerpainting and go get a real job at the gas station....

Btw, thats a friggin weird plant. Never seen such a lazy plant before.

Last edited:

Murphy

ItsGrowTime said:
How's the Warden reacting to your improving skills Murph? Any chance of an encore? To me, making someone that is obviously on the way to becoming a successful grower give it up is like telling Picasso to stop fingerpainting and go get a real job at the gas station....

Btw, thats a friggin weird plant. Never seen such a lazy plant before.

She's hinted around to a few things, she may just kick me out of the house....... see, we have this spot in the back yard that's out of site from all of the neighbors and I could build a shed pretty cheap.....but, it's just a dream for now.

As for the limp plant, I was hoping someone could tell me what happened..... It's still shows new growth, so I let it keep going. It's thrich covered, just no solid buds and nothing stand up on it's own.

Murphy

So my delivery came today.....
:jawdrop: Damn, I wasn't expecting it to be this big......that's my elf next to it.

My new idea on how to clean Hydrotron. First soak it in a trash can, stir it up a few times mix all of it, the bottom too. SCOOP the Hydrotron out, don't pour it, there's a mess in the bottom and if you pour it out, it will end up back on top of the pile. As you are scooping and putting it in the tub, spray it down a few times. I took a cut out tool and threw in a 10 gallon sceen cover and set the tub up on 2 milk crates. Maybe someone knows a better way but this was the fastest most complete wash I could come up with for the 50 liters I had to clean.

I had plants in 6 inch pots and I knew it was way to small, with the new delivery of Hydrotron, I gently pulled all of the flowing plants out of them and filled the tub. The screen will be more then enough support. The roots were PACKED in there, now they have plenty of room.

The plants in the cab have turned up nicely since the LST'ing

Here are some of the purple/red stems I have

And here is the latest adventure. I clipped that limp plant and just left the largest bud. I took the rest and I'm attempting to water cure them.
Here she is all cut up with the last bud strapped to the main stem to keep it upright. I'm trying it in a mason jar, and I toss it in a box to keep it dark.

Straight Up Distilled Water

A Day Later

hope your last run turns out well. that is one helluva setup. i am jealous as hell. that set up definitley gets my full respect. sorry to hear this is your last run, but you are doing it right.

Murphy

Todays Water Curing Update
The water was much more cloudy today. PPM's went from 0 last night to 150 tonight.

The bud on the right was added last night. It's from the largest AK-47, it's nothing like the "limp buds", it's rock solid! and here we are starting off at 1 ppm tonight. Again, the jar is kept in a box in a storage area.....I think I read to keep them in the dark but what do I know. :confused:

Tonight I drained the res on Tub A and I'm staring the flush. They went into flower at the beginning of June, I would like to flush for 10-14 days but the plants are lacking something and I have leaves dying off so we'll see how long they go. I added some peroxide to the water. This time, I'm flushing with tap water, I had about 5 gallons of distilled water I added to the res also.....I'm just not up for running out for 20 gallons of water and humping them in the house tonight. Yeah....an R/O system sure would be nice! :chin: ....along with a few more 1000 watt lights, a CO2 set up, a controler, AC unit, heater, .....you know how the rest goes. Damn I love this shit! :jump:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Uh oh hes talkin about 1ks, ACs and controllers. I see a rising balance on your credit card in the near future lol. Neat water cure btw. Never seen that before.

Ive found that just adding back plain water for the last 10 days or so will cause a decent flush while avoiding shocking the plants from suddenly having no nutes at all.

Just Stopping By

Just Stopping By

Hey there Murph! This water curing thing caught my eye...how does it work? W hats the point of water curing? More or less, what are the pros and cons(if any)?

Last edited:

Murphy

I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons myself. Some Pros: No need to flush, just run the weed until your'e ready to chop. It allows hydro guys to chop at will instead of flushing the whloe table, The plant cut up was getting on my nerves, I couldn't get it to stand up, then I had a bud that was browning a little fast then the others on the plant.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think when you water cure you're supposed to leave the lid open, just hold the buds down with a plate or piece of wood. They say you have to have some evaporation with the water cure else you might have some scum or residue on top. Do you notice anything weird on top when you open the jars?
:joint:

Murphy

Bababooey said:
I think when you water cure you're supposed to leave the lid open, just hold the buds down with a plate or piece of wood. They say you have to have some evaporation with the water cure else you might have some scum or residue on top. Do you notice anything weird on top when you open the jars?
:joint:

No "scum" in the jar....I think if I saw something like that, that would be the end of water curing for me all together. I'm not sure about the evaporation portion but, if someone could explain that part, it would be great. For now, They hit the jars and I top them off all the way, I end up leaving an air bubble about the size of a smaller Hydrotron pebble. I looked at the tops, even wiped them with a white paper towel, there wasn't anything.

Murphy

Day 3 for the Water Cure

I know with the previous pics, you can't guage the cloudiness so here's the jar from last night and the fresh jar they went into tonight. The 2 pics show the PPM difference is dropping each day. Down to 91.

I'm not the best with a camera but here are some close up shots of a couple of buds. The middle bud is from a different plant.

Ran out of weed, time to cut another THUNK bud.

:laughing: :laughing: That was the smallest of the three buds left. I've gotten use to having the damn thing around at this point.....I just can't bring myself to chop it all at once, it's become like an unwanted pet or something. I toss it around, bang it into shit, forget to put it back under the light leave it sitting in the corner. All of the previous times, I oven dried it, this time it's getting air dried, maybe I should respect the thing a little more. I also cut that limp bud plant's last bud and oven dried it. Nothing great but but gets me there, damn I cant wait to hit one of the plants with the rock solid buds, Thric covered!
Almost looks like IGT grew it! :muahaha:

Last edited:

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
so is it that wifey doesnt want you to grow at all, or just not in the house? i mean yeah if you got kids then you just gotta take it outside somewhere, but other than that, why would one have to quit "totally" ?

you have a passion and conviction, not to mention talent/ knowledge, thats obvious so why just give that all up? doesnt seem fair though. i mean "water curing"? hell ive NEVER seen, heard or thought of ANYTHING like that b4 in all of my years on here!!!-

i told my wife upfront what it was going to be wiht me. i aint one of those "cats on teh corner smokin like i have nothing else to do". once she saw that my passion was real and more so my conviction, she realized how much it meant to me. i mean i made a deal that it woudlnt get too big, but i grow for me mainly and wanted to just try a bigger grow, but thats all of a 4x4 closet. bigger yes, bu the feds aint gonna come knockin no time soon, thats for sure.

i dont know man, if its causing like mad problems i can understand, but if its for the sake of the children then you can still do your thing outside, but that would be a DAMNED shame for you to just stop cold like that. any chance of something happening in the future atleast. i honestly have studied cannabis for about 4-5 years, off and on/ hear and there, before i decided to start growing, so i cant see someone throwing or inhibiting all that knowledge.:badday:

i dont know, maybe im rambling cause im high, and i kinda can see this sort of thing coming my way after a while, but im fightin it tooth and nail damnit!!!

Last edited:

Murphy

cellardweller said:
try this thread on for size Murph..
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81975
Something about this just hits me right...
Great Link Cellar! Thanks
:chin:.....now let me think, what do I have laying around....I need high humidity and about 45c....I have a 30 gallon fish tank screen and The Warden been "needing" a new coffee marker, by needing I mean she saw a new shiney one and likes it more then the one she has. Or maybe in a trash can outside and take advantage of some free summer heat......I don't know, I slap something together.

C

cellardweller

Im sure you can work it out to suit your needs Murph...
Good Luck!