What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
@ Gypsy.....glad you are up and about. Take it easy my friend....you don't want to go back to the hospital again.

Gotta finish in the grow and run some errands. Pretty laid back day for me.

My back seems to be holding up ok after the last round of shots in my spine. This last time they burnt the nerve endings and it seems like this helped. We will see how long the relief lasts. Hopefully 6 months or longer. I need a break from the pain.
Yeah - pain 😢 - seems like the older we get - the more we have pain - but today I'm having less of it - than yesterday and the day before - hopefully your relief lasts for a long time - and I know what bad back pain can be like - got stuck under a 300kilo leg press back in the 90's - and injured my lower spine - and that pain stayed with me for decades - getting worse and worse - especially when I put on weight

- over the past 3 years have trimmed right down (went from 265lbs - 210lbs) - do more stretching - and less sitting - strengthened my core too - so it's much more bareable today - sometimes I hardly notice it -

oldmaninbc

Good morning to all, looks rather nice out today. High of 29C- low12C or 84F-54F

While I was sleeping last night my neighbors were up taking pictures of the auroras. Spectacular, that's all I can say. Have seen them before and always amazed at nature's light show.

After surgery they said to leave bandages for 2 weeks, I need to get in the shower and see if I can get them off. I think they used crazy glue to attach them.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
over the past 3 years have trimmed right down (went from 265lbs - 210lbs) - do more stretching - and less sitting - strengthened my core too - so it's much more bareable today - sometimes I hardly notice it -
Don't know why but the more I stretch the more I seem to irritate it. I am about to find out how it holds up under some manual labor. Thinking about tilling my garden. I have to do the neighbors as well. Should be interesting. I will wear a weight belt for support.

Glad you are better each day. Unfortunately I just get older.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Good morning to all, looks rather nice out today. High of 29C- low12C or 84F-54F

While I was sleeping last night my neighbors were up taking pictures of the auroras. Spectacular, that's all I can say. Have seen them before and always amazed at nature's light show.

After surgery they said to leave bandages for 2 weeks, I need to get in the shower and see if I can get them off. I think they used crazy glue to attach them.
Morning oldmaninbc. We sound like a MASH unit. Probably look like one as well.

jokerman

Premium user
A businessman boarded a plane to find, sitting next to him, an elegant woman wearing the largest, most stunning diamond ring he had ever seen.
He asked her about it. "This is the Lipshitz diamond," she said.
"It is beautiful, but there is a terrible curse that goes with it."
"What's the curse?" the man asked.?
"Mr. lipshitz."

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Don't know why but the more I stretch the more I seem to irritate it. I am about to find out how it holds up under some manual labor. Thinking about tilling my garden. I have to do the neighbors as well. Should be interesting. I will wear a weight belt for support.

Glad you are better each day. Unfortunately I just get older.
None of us can stop the march of time ⏲️ - as we are all aging - but I do believe that we can perhaps slow it down a tad - and make things more comfortable for us as individuals - if we can discover certain things that might aid our quality of life - and fall into the right routines and habits that can accentuate healthy and less painful lives - that in itself is a great personal quest to discover for ourselves -

- since it has to be found - engineered and followed day in and day out - with a certain discipline - and tenacity - by the individual - because we are all so different - only you can make that tailor made bespoke plan for yourself - and then find the gumption to have at it - and keep at it - if you find that it works for you -

Magu🌈

Wow . I was researching ICMAG for info on the real “Original Haze”. Just wondering about the plants that made up the first one. I was taken aback by all the controversy and drama! That plant seems to bruise a lot of egos. I just wanted a one sentence answer. Must be a burden for Sam. It is a large part of his legacy but the myth of Haze has a life of its own. Makes me sad. 😔

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Unca's Utterly Useless Trivia:

There are two versions where the excited announcer shouts --

Ver-1. "I think he broke his freakin' neck!"

Ver-2. "I think he broke his fuckin' neck!"
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the original version for the movie theaters had it as "I think he broke his fucking neck" and then when they released it on tv a few years later it was dubbed over to make it seem like he said, "I think he broke his freaking neck". If you look closely at the image his mouth's movement doesn't seem to quite match up with "freaking". Then again, I might have just been stoned at the time? :biggrin:

Last edited:

BrassNwood

Veteran
Howdy folks! Just learned of this O'l Farts Club. Came over to check it out!
Welcome aboard.
Seems like I remember a "Dixie Cup Challenge" on the old site? That's cute, but 1 gallon for any sort of yield,I think it was more of a stunt than serious attempt at yield of course!
Did one outside and got called a cheater for it. LMAO
don’t forget , Mothers Day is coming up

View attachment 19000663

and now for todays lake level update….

Damned if I remember just why I quoted....
Welcome !
We are starting a band and need an accordion player☝️
Are you the answer to our prayers?
If not the accordion how's about the xylophone?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
The can most ricky-tick fly. And do -- every day. Like turkeys, quail, grouse, etc. they mostly walk around. And like baby ducks, the little ones follow their mama on the ground for a few dangerous weeks.

Here's Mama with her four little boys (HAH! I notice on the file that the pic was taken in June 4, 2010!) So today could very well be their exact 14th birthday, since they are just about a month old in the pic.

View attachment 19000609

PS: Beau is out back, eating a breakfast of black oil seeds. Trying to, anyway. The squirrels keep sneakin' in from all directions and he keeps shooing them off.
thanks for teaching us all about this awesome bird
or is it a fowl? or is it a super chicken!

/some of you old farts might remember this
im celebrating a b-day this month too!
may babies!! :)
so how old are they before they start displaying that beautiful plumage?

i like learning about new things

Magu🌈

thanks for teaching us all about this awesome bird
or is it a fowl? or is it a super chicken!

/some of you old farts might remember this
im celebrating a b-day this month too!
may babies!! :)
so how old are they before they start displaying that beautiful plumage?

i like learning about new things

“If it looks like you might take a lickin.
Call for Super Chicken.”

jokerman

Premium user
Wow . I was researching ICMAG for info on the real “Original Haze”. Just wondering about the plants that made up the first one. I was taken aback by all the controversy and drama! That plant seems to bruise a lot of egos. I just wanted a one sentence answer. Must be a burden for Sam. It is a large part of his legacy but the myth of Haze has a life of its own. Makes me sad. 😔
I cried.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Klinger never made it over?
I still think he is there. Wanted out so bad and ended up being the only one who stayed......

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the original version for the movie theaters had it as "I think he broke his fucking neck" and then when they released it on tv a few years later it was dubbed over to make it seem like he said, "I think he broke his freaking neck". If you look closely at the image his mouth's movement doesn't seem to quite match up with "freaking". Then again, I might have just been stoned at the time? :biggrin:
I like the orig version better and I do think he broke his fucking neck.....

Done tilling and I can still walk. I will know tonight once I sit and see if the back tightens up. Fine now.

oldmaninbc

Ok, lets see if I can send some photos of the aurora
1715457694777.png

1715457618287.png

1715457496057.png

Latest posts

Latest posts