What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

cola

Took me nearly 2 years to finally kick the sugar.
Do not crave it any longer, thankfully.

There is a quote that I'll paraphrase:
It matters not the addiction,
Whether it be Jack Daniels or Jack in the Box,
The brain chemicals are the same.

With the information I have currently, I think
that sugars, esp. refined sugars are the most
toxic and addicting substance on earth.

I am most definitely a sugar addict so abstinence
is my best route to not become addicted again.

Best to you, it is a struggle indeed.

Thanks for the motivational post and the good advice.
And, of course you are correct. No addiction is good.
Sugar ranks right up there too. Watching kids is proof.
And of course the cure for any addiction is abstinence.
I have to say that I am none to happy with that. Oh well..

Cheers and best regards.

I guess I should provide an update regarding kicking my sugar in coffee attempt for anyone else thinking about it. Today is nearing the end of my coffee day in day two, and I am still missing it. I definitely notice the effects. . I drink coffee throughout the day, so to say it has become a looked forward to habit is an understatement. At roughly a british stone overweight, I have some work cut our for me. My first battle is with sugar in my coffee. After I have slayed that dragon, I will work on the after dinner sweet cravings. That is surely next. One certain step at a time..

oldmaninbc

I went outside last night in hopes and anticipation of seeing them, but no dice. Too far south I guess.
Tonight should be even clearer, so I guess there is hope. All depends on magnetic fields, and the sun.
Many moons ago I was imbibing near a lake adjacent to canada. The scenes were utterly spectacular.
I read they could be seen as far as Florida. Tonight they should still be out maybe not as bright, I think that's what I read on the weather network.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
View attachment 19000730 I never had a mother -- I wuz too poor.

My mother made me walk the plank; we couldn't afford a dog.

at least she didn’t have to tie pork chops to your face to get the dog to play with you…

my moms first toy gift for me to play with in the tub when I took a bath was a toaster

in the meantime , do you or anyone else know what this is?..

IMG_8901.png

IMG_8900.png

IMG_8899.png

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I guess I should provide an update regarding kicking my sugar in coffee attempt for anyone else thinking about it. Today is nearing the end of my coffee day in day two, and I am still missing it. I definitely notice the effects. . I drink coffee throughout the day, so to say it has become a looked forward to habit is an understatement. At roughly a british stone overweight, I have some work cut our for me. My first battle is with sugar in my coffee. After I have slayed that dragon, I will work on the after dinner sweet cravings. That is surely next. One certain step at a time..

black coffee tastes so good…I suppose it is an acquired taste

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Iffn you want a really good low impact 22m/day stretching regimen check out Essentrics by Miranda Esmonde-White

She's on PBS telly and on YT. It really works and I'm not easily impressed.

FWIW YMMV

I'll have a look - just have to be very careful what exercises I do for the next 2-3 months - since I am recovering from quite recent open heart ❤️ surgery - and don't want to impact the healing process - in a negative way -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Morn'in all - Hmmm - just been going over all the different meds the hospital gave me to take regularly - and learning what they are all for - Jeez - got all sorts - when I went into the hospital I was only taking one med for high blood pressure (Amlodipine) - now I'm on 6 different meds - for all sorts of problems -
Ramipril -
Dispersible Aspirin -
Edoxaban -
Furosemide -
Pantoprazole -
Ezetimibe -
Is anyone here taking any of these same meds?

They gave me 2 pain killers also - Dihydrocodeine - and Paracetamol - but I don't take them - since I ain't in much pain lately - but good to have just in case I do - I 'spose -

cola

Morn'in all - Hmmm - just been going over all the different meds the hospital gave me to take regularly - and learning what they are all for - Jeez - got all sorts - when I went into the hospital I was only taking one med for high blood pressure (Amlodipine) - now I'm on 6 different meds - for all sorts of problems -
Ramipril -
Dispersible Aspirin -
Edoxaban -
Furosemide -
Pantoprazole -
Ezetimibe -
Is anyone here taking any of these same meds?

They gave me 2 pain killers also - Dihydrocodeine - and Paracetamol - but I don't take them - since I ain't in much pain lately - but good to have just in case I do - I 'spose -

I am not familiar with and have not taken any of those. Hopefully those don"t have anything to do with treating an infection unless it is at the preventative stage. They gave me plenty of pain pills too and then suddenly cut me off. I guess with the young folks dying here of similarly related stuff they are very careful. I switched to ibuprofen and, like you, got off the hard stuff to absolutely nothing as soon as possible. Regularity definitely seems to favor that course!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts