What's new

The Coco-Coir Experiment Thread

G

10 pages, and I see you have not contributed a single bit of anything besides the rhetoric of asshats here. Good Job as well OP! The childish links I provided earlier should have been enough to explain what I was talking about.. obviously, people like you and clownboy are that burnt out.

... and you call me a troll!!! LAMAOOAOOLOLOLOLLOL!!!!

Last edited:
A

Azeotrope

Just thought I would let you all in on my current coco experiment. While I am a huge fan of organics and coco, I also have used Cana and CNS many times with success.

The following shot is of some SweetBlue X JohnnyBlaze that are 12/12 from seed and about 12days from the wet paper towel germination. They are in 90% coco (about 35% of that is used cana with the odd bit of perilite, the rest is fresh Empire organics) and 10% EWC. They are fed daily with a 5-10-5 formula from Baicor and a little seaweed extract and molasses. About 1/2tsp of the fert per gallon and 1tsp of the others.

Here is a link to Baicor.
http://www.baicor.com/agricultural.php?page=display&content=11

I am also using there 3-20-17 bloom booster on these two mystery plants from Reeferman stock.

The reeferman mystery plants are in 70% coco and the 30% remaining is used mix that has all kinds of junk in it. You can see I hit these a little hard with the bloom boost.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
A

Azeotrope

No, I don't believe that PH needs to be monitored in a well compiled mix. My mixes lately have been 80 - 90% coco and the rest is EWC loaded with POM 5-5-5, hydrated lime, guano and alfalfa meal, kelp meal...... You know the usual. However, I pay close attention to maintaining a healthy micro herd. Mollases is also on the menu.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Azeo - I have seen ur plants, and they always look great. I just made up a batch of organic coco maybe 80%coco (by vol). Have you run into any serious def's., specifically mag or cal? I have plenty of dolomite, and I tried crab shell in the mix, very high in cal. Should I adjust the levels of added nutes, like more (or less)N, P, K, micronutes, etc...

A

Azeotrope

A nice ballance like 5-5-5 is easy and works well. No def in the past but, I do use teas to suppliment as needed. If you water with seaweed/kelp and molasses, there should be plenty of cal/mag in there. I don't use dolomite lime. I like the hydrated lime that is like tiny grey pebbles. Coco is very PH stable and doesn't need the lime for anything other than the cal/mag. If you use too much you can drive the PH up and especially in flower you want it to stay lower. Most of the teas folks make are fairly acidic. So I start off with very little in the mix and top dress by the tbs later. Around 1/8cup per 10 gallons of mix (by vol) to start with the hydrated lime. In that same mix, 1/2 cup POM 5-5-5, 1/8cup alfalfa meal, 1/8cup kelp meal.

I use a very basic tea that is listed in the organics forum. Just the same base tea that most use.

Good luck and keep it simple.

G

Grow bag anyone?

GROWBAGS.JPG

Thanks for the reply Azeo :rasta:

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
canna.nl has some shots of a whole bag of canna coco used for two or three plants.
just pop some holes for the cubes on top and smaller ones for drainage on the bottom and you're g2g

peace, love & coco

A

Azeotrope

Still goofing off with this 5-10-5 organically based fert from baicor. SweetBlue x JohnnyBlaze 3wks (or so) 12/12 from seed.

No troubles so far. I am feeding to 10 - 20% run off. At $9.99 at the local hardware store, I think I will run it out.

Below was the last pic from previous post.

Not a bad change for 8days of 12/12 not having vegged.

:joint:

Last edited:

Craven_au

Great thread VT :tiphat: R+

My experiments with Coco

Polypropylene shopping bag. Had very good results with there bags and coco.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=159672

Growing from the coco bag? This one didn't turn out so good not shore why i think it was because of the cold weather.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=168811&page=2

Coco and the Autopot system https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174633

I'm now thinking about using different grades of coco in the same pot and in different layers not just mixing them together say bottom 1/2 course coco and top 1/2 fine coco.

I am also a bottom feeder that way if there is a salt buildup it will only be on top of the media not in the root zone no flushing or watering from top at all to keep from washing any salt buildup into the root zone.

By the way Is any one using? Galuku Coco http://www.galuku.net/hydroponics/

D

dramamine

Hey Craven, cool shots of your different grows. Those polypropylene bags seem like a

pretty workable idea? Did you have any trouble with the fabric degrading or anything? It

seems like the fabric could air trim the roots, SmartPot-style.

...........Creativity is a great thing...thanks for sharing with us. Peace.

Craven_au

Hey Craven, cool shots of your different grows. Those polypropylene bags seem like a

pretty workable idea? Did you have any trouble with the fabric degrading or anything? It

seems like the fabric could air trim the roots, SmartPot-style.

...........Creativity is a great thing...thanks for sharing with us. Peace.

Thx m8
No man the the fabric will not degrade it is also used for root and weed control, fine roots will grow throw the bags if water is available that's all . Your right roots will not grow throw the sides of the bags if dry on outside air trim as you say.