What's new

Tek-Light and other T5 Systems..

pssst

if your looking into the t-5s and find the ballast as well as the tubes pricey, try t6 bulbs. T-6 bulbs are full spectrum just like the t-5s but these will fit into you regular ballasts which you can buy at home depot or Wal mart. You can find the bulbs here http://www.naturallighting.com/web/shop.php?crn=591, but by all means surf the web and post sites which offer better deals.

Last edited:

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
COOL!

COOL!

Thanks fer bringin this ta our attention! Can't beat that,high output with a regular fixture,wow...It jus keeps gettin better and better with the floro's eh.Take care...BC

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
B.C. said:
Thanks fer bringin this ta our attention! Can't beat that,high output with a regular fixture,wow...It jus keeps gettin better and better with the floro's eh.Take care...BC
:rasta:

masterlow37

Veteran
T6's

T6's

konstantgrdnr said:
pssst

if your looking into the t-5s and find the ballast as well as the tubes pricey, try t6 bulbs. T-6 bulbs are full spectrum just like the t-5s but these will fit into you regular ballasts which you can buy at home depot or Wal mart. You can find the bulbs here http://www.naturallighting.com/web/shop.php?crn=591, but by all means surf the web and post sites which offer better deals.
You only get the full lumen output if you run them on T5 ballast (48" T6 tube run on T8 ballast give a huge decrease in lumens)

From Naturallighting's site:
"Universal wattage - 32 to 55 watt (48" lamps). T6 lamps work with T8 electronic ballasts, or for maximum output use T5 ballasts."

So if you pay 15 bucks a bulb & use them with a T8 ballast, the lumens per dollar is way down, almost cut in half !

Heres some better/cheaper full spectrum bulbs, the BlueMax:
http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/full_spectrum_fluorescent_bulbs_33_ctg.htm

So so many options.......

Peace :canabis:

Last edited:

Big Bud Bear

Veteran
masterlow37 said:
You only get the full lumen output if you run them on T5 ballast (48" T6 tube run on T8 ballast give a huge decrease in lumens)

"Universal wattage - 32 to 55 watt (48" lamps). T6 lamps work with T8 electronic ballasts, or for maximum output use T5 ballasts."

So if you pay 15 bucks a bulb & use them with a T8 ballast, the lumens per dollar is way down, almost cut in half !

thanks

UltraSonic Dank

Our development team at UltraSonic Dank have been hard at work developing our new product, the flowering light, this is going to alow you the grower of "plants" to grow your plants faster, right now if current development continues we should be releasing 3 different sizes of the lamps by this time next year, This lamp will not replace you current lamps the lamp will improve what your current lamp does, it will alow your plants to induce flowering faster and make it so you can run your lamp more hours durring the day than without it, it should become the new standard for growing plants using high tech methods with in the next 5 yrs

BowlPacks

I use T5's for clones and a little pre veg. A friend had to move and kept a few things at my place for a while. When he came to get his shit, i handed him some ganja instead of his T5 back. Its a 4 footer.
They also sell setups with T5's and a 150w 250w in the center. Check those out mabe perfect for what your looking for...
Good Luck

NorCalChron

cfls are getting cheaper and cheaper.. picked up 4 23 watters again for $2 at the drugstore. You can get the fixtures for less than $5 at a hardware store and y splitters cost just $2 so...

4 x $2 bulbs = $8
8 y splitters = $16
4 fixtures = $8

368 watts

$32 for 368 watts DAMN thats getting better. My favorite part of the cfls now are the wide variety of spectrums. I have 3 of the valutek 125w full spectrum beasts and enough 2700 cfls to last 10 years

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
For what its worth and those that havent seen my grow here are some pics to let you know what a T5 will do for you.

I have the 8 bulb New wave set up, I use all blue bulbs when vegging and all red when flowering.

Here they are when they were just little babies.

Hanging in my homebox.

this is them 15 days later.

ended up with only 3 females, this is 18 days later and day 16 of flower.

2 days later, day 18 of flowering.

So far the buds seem to be forming tight and this was one of the things I heard that T5 lights or any other type of Fluro lighting didnt do.

For a full grow report see my Grow diary D Rocks T5 Grow.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=65910

Im very happy with my T5 light. I did have a 1000watter HPS system that was awesome but it was insanely hot and i had no way of venting the heat for my current set up so I traded the HPS in and got the T5 set up its like 20% the heat the 1000watt light was. Much better for my conditions.

Frosy

sorry to jump in so late on this, but someone said the majic word 'TT105' and the Satellite sytems- these bulbs ROCK IMO, cool, efficient, my plants love these veg and flower, one drawback is I have to do lots of hand training/bending to get a flat canopy, (which the Indica doms don't like) but once that is achieved then the yeilds are Ok, but the quality has been great!

Big Bud Bear

Veteran
Frosy said:
sorry to jump in so late on this, but someone said the majic word 'TT105' and the Satellite sytems- these bulbs ROCK IMO, cool, efficient, my plants love these veg and flower, one drawback is I have to do lots of hand training/bending to get a flat canopy, (which the Indica doms don't like) but once that is achieved then the yeilds are Ok, but the quality has been great!
do they have flowering and veg spectrum's?

simba

Sleeping Dragon
All the T5 fixtures are overpriced and Real good SPD t5 bulbs arent avail in USA yet.. Nlite has the best red, blue, purp. they dont emit in wasted ranges..

you should email Adv tech.. they releasing a T5 fixture soon.

when you look at any t5 system look for DEEP reflectors.. (so it throws the light down and not spilled on wall)

For the Price of buying Veg and Bloom bulbs and the unit.. your better off going to CMH.. Prices for T5 stuff needs to DROP..

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
DOH!!

DOH!!

masterlow37 said:

Yer right Masterlow,I reckon I read over it a lil too fast.Thanks fer straightin me out.Btw I did see an article on aquarium lights,sayin it wasn't hard ta change the ballast in a reg T-8 to a 54 watt high out put,for about 40 bucks.Might be an option fer some folks I spose,jus thought I'd throw it out there.While I'm at it,I reckon it wasn't fair fer me ta say a reg floro would put out as much as a T-5.But reg floro's are way more effiecent than they used ta be though,and will work great fer veggin.Lots of great info in this thread,thanks everyone for sharin. Take care...BC

Big Bud Bear

Veteran
B.C. said:
Yer right Masterlow,I reckon I read over it a lil too fast.Thanks fer straightin me out.Btw I did see an article on aquarium lights,sayin it wasn't hard ta change the ballast in a reg T-8 to a 54 watt high out put,for about 40 bucks.Might be an option fer some folks I spose,jus thought I'd throw it out there.While I'm at it,I reckon it wasn't fair fer me ta say a reg floro would put out as much as a T-5.But reg floro's are way more effiecent than they used ta be though,and will work great fer veggin.Lots of great info in this thread,thanks everyone for sharin. Take care...BC

I concur,
Icmag def has one of the most helpful and nice members on any type of forum mon the internet

B

berryhill

For those in the U.S.A., plantlightinghydroponics.com has the best prices on the T-5s. Bought an 8 bulb, 4 footer, with bulbs included, shipping, handeling and fondeling for $339.00. Works great with any dime store timer, or whatever turns you on. I only use it for veging up freshly rooted cuts, and it does an outstanding job! It comes ready to go out the box with a free bottle of GH Bloom Booster. Additionaly, the T-5 unit described above has two on/off switches giving the flexibility of running 4 bulbs in the center only, or two bulbs on opposite sides for a four bulb periphial lighting effect only, or all 8 bulbs together for maximum lighting.

In hydro stores, and many online sites, the price of this unit I have found has typicaly been $400.00 plus U.S., not to mention, my hydro store has them for a little over $500.00 plus! plantlightinghydroponics.com really has some killer prices on all there gear, but I recommend not buying nutes from em. There shipping is A+, meaning they get your shit to ya quick.