What's new

Tek-Light and other T5 Systems..

B

berryhill

Wedge Antilles

Wedge Antilles

I have done several transactions with plantlightinghydroponics.com. They are about as stealth as they can be man. They recognize themselves as Allandin Co. and get your package to you quick, or they always have in my position. They ship U.P.S. and just drop your shit, no questions asked or sigs. They're H.I.D. lights are reasonably priced also, along with everything else compared to any other place I've seen. If you can find a cheaper, and just as reliable distributor, I would like to hear about it.

B

berryhill

guineapig

guineapig

Good to see ya my friend! The Pods, sound like an excellent idea, as well as very practical! You should do quite well with those units, as I know several peeps who would be interested in personal set ups, such as those. Many blessings upon your endeavors.

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
rabid said:
I've spent hours checking out all these different units and I'm sure I saw the New Wave system had the "multi-volt" ballasts on the 4' models. I could very well be wrong though...
Anyway, thats not an issue if you use a 120V power supply (I don't).

The reflector is advertised as the same for both systems. My Teklite came with excellent hanging hardware.

I think both units are damn-near identical except for the price and what D Rock pointed out. All 3 models (Sun Blaze, New Wave & Tek-Light) seem to be manufactured by Sunlight Supply in Vancouver WA.
Check this out for the technical info:
http://www.sunlightsupply.com/technical-info.cfm?sid=A5F15290E0815D55342E718456F89253
The Sunleaves Pioneer VIII looks like another good one at $354... different manufacturer though.

edit: Discount Hydro in LA has the Pioneer VIII for $279.

The 42, 44, & 48 4' NewWave models do have the "multi-volt" Ballast but the ones I mentioned do not.

The 22,24,&28 models are 2' and are 120 volt only.

Wedge I have thought about that but think I might just get another 48 4' New wave just like I have then I would have 80,000 Lumens instead of 40,000. My tent is 4'x4' so If I slide my lamp all the way toward the back of the tent i should be able to put another one in there. Or thats my plan at least.

Last edited:
B

berryhill

Wedge Antilles said:
BerryHill..................Thanks for the info, defintily going to go with them, by far the cheapest prices I've seen around...Thanks

You are quite welcome Wedge, and many blessings on your garden my friend

Krakatoa

I was looking at those 8-bulb 24-inch fixtures, but at 24 inches wide, they couldn't fit into my grow cabinet.

So, I built an 8-bulb T5 fixture for myself, using Sunlight Supply's Sun Blaze 24" light strips. Buying them like this allowed me to crowd them a little closer together to fit in my space.

I used 1/4-inch peg board, and just attached the lights using the included brackets. In between each strip light there is a row of peg holes that helps keep things cool, although with T5 lights, things are already cool.

With this setup, I cool the cabinet with just a little 12v computer fan that is essentially silent. T5's are the way to go for a stealth cabinet, because when you don't need much cooling, you don't need a loud-ass fan that you can hear hissing from across the room.

192 watts of T5 fluorescents. I recommend this setup for anyone...

Oh, and here's a photo of the outside of my dresser/cabinet. My landlady stood within three feet of it one time and just said what a cute dresser it is. Cute, and stealthy...

Krakatoa......nice set up man...i have 2 of those 24w strips that i am currently veggin with right now......i thought about buying a bunch of those and just adding as i went along, but my set up will fit a 4 ft 8bulb T5 just nicely...Very stealthy krak, i love it

simba

Sleeping Dragon
Next Gen Of T5 HO
t5hopcrgb.gif

http://www.advancedtechlighting.com/index.htm
there t5 page isnt there any more.. but said updating site so it should be back.. soon..

J

JeffSpicoli

hey i have a new wave 8 lamp 4' one of the ballast went out, so only the outer 2 lamps on each side work (the 4 inner ones dont).
I was wondering if i bought a sunblaze do you guys think id be able to retrofit the reflectors from my new wave onto the sunblaze? They look like they screw out easy from the new wave, but its just a matter of applying it to the sunblaze.... I dont think superglue would cut it :p

rabid

Why don't you just contact the dealer for a replacement ballast? The manufacturer (Sun Systems) has a 5 year rebuild or replace warranty.

Have you checked for loose wiring connections? That might be all the only problem you have.

edit: The SunBlaze reflector is 16 3/8" wide (I just measured mine) and the NewWave is just under 15" according to Sunlight Supply's ad. So it's either not gonna fit or be a real sloppy job no matter how you do it.
Call the place you bought the fixture and ask them to replace the ballast.

Last edited:

Aware

If you're not afraid of getting your hands dirty, AH Supply has a nice DIY reflector kit that accommodates 55W compact fluorescents. Better design than the HTG equivalent, and the $5 tubes at 1000bulbs certainly beat the price of straight T5s in the 2' scale.

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
Krakatoa said:
I was looking at those 8-bulb 24-inch fixtures, but at 24 inches wide, they couldn't fit into my grow cabinet.

So, I built an 8-bulb T5 fixture for myself, using Sunlight Supply's Sun Blaze 24" light strips. Buying them like this allowed me to crowd them a little closer together to fit in my space.

I used 1/4-inch peg board, and just attached the lights using the included brackets. In between each strip light there is a row of peg holes that helps keep things cool, although with T5 lights, things are already cool.

With this setup, I cool the cabinet with just a little 12v computer fan that is essentially silent. T5's are the way to go for a stealth cabinet, because when you don't need much cooling, you don't need a loud-ass fan that you can hear hissing from across the room.

192 watts of T5 fluorescents. I recommend this setup for anyone...

Oh, and here's a photo of the outside of my dresser/cabinet. My landlady stood within three feet of it one time and just said what a cute dresser it is. Cute, and stealthy...

nice setup :joint:

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
Aware said:
If you're not afraid of getting your hands dirty, AH Supply has a nice DIY reflector kit that accommodates 55W compact fluorescents. Better design than the HTG equivalent, and the $5 tubes at 1000bulbs certainly beat the price of straight T5s in the 2' scale.
thanks

rabid

Good find HT. And that price includes bulbs, no less. Buy two of these babies for the same price that most places are selling one of the more well-known units.

Go for it...

T

texsativa

How have these fluoros turned out for you guys? I'm thinking of getting the Tec 3' ones.

chosen

Veteran
Nice price on those T-5's indeed. I wonder why the T8's are so close in price. Yet, I like that 6 bulb setup.
Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts