What's new

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

Akss

Strang clouds today idk if it really shows it in the pics though...
IMG_20240506_144507132.jpg
IMG_20240506_144427535.jpg
IMG_20240505_080002274.jpg

Akss

When you go in to water plants, bird poop is not what you expect to find.

View attachment 18998454

Well that was a fun 20 minutes trying to shoo him outta there.
Had a bird get in my basement last year no idea how but had to note where he was shut the lights off give it a few and went in with a fish landing net and a headlight .. after chasing it around with the lights on of course for quite a while..

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hear it is folks (from that ^^^ link) everything you wanted to know about clouds* * (but we’re afraid to ask)
Cloud genera and selected species, supplementary features, and other airborne hydrometeors - WMO Latin terminology except where indicated
Mesospheric
Extreme-level
80–85 km

Noctilucent (NLC)
Polar mesospheric clouds
  • Noctilucent type I veils
  • Noctilucent type II bands
  • Noctilucent type III billows
  • Noctilucent type IV whirls
Stratospheric
Very high-level
15–30 km

Nacreous polar stratospheric clouds (PSC)
  • Cirriform nacreous
  • Lenticular nacreous
Nitric acid and water
polar stratospheric clouds (PSC)
  • No differentiated sub-types; tends to resemble cirrostratus
Tropospheric
High-level
3–18 km

Medium-level
2–8 km

Low-level
0–2 km

Non-height
specific

Varieties
Supplementary features
Mother clouds
and human-made clouds
  • (Mother cloud)+genitus (e.g. cumulogenitus (cugen)
  • (Mother cloud)+mutatus (e.g. cumulomutatus (cumut)
  • Homogenitus (hogen)
  • Homomutatus (homut)

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Add some blueberry and you have a hearty breakfast
Finished up a bowl of sour cream with those big blueberries that I purchased today with a dusting of sugar and have to say the blueberries and strawberries although they look good I should’ve known better it’s too early in the season there was no flavor ..I’m just a sucker for a pretty thing though…

oldmaninbc

Finished up a bowl of sour cream with those big blueberries that I purchased today with a dusting of sugar and have to say the blueberries and strawberries although they look good I should’ve known better it’s too early in the season there was no flavor ..I’m just a sucker for a pretty thing though…
Yeah get sucked in by those big, pretty berries that have no flavor, like grocery store tomatoes, all looks and no flavor. That seems to be the model of commercialization, it's all about the looks

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
like grocery store tomatoes, all looks and no flavor.

In the winter, I only buy the small ones. Cherry tomatoes or those slightly bigger ones that come in packages. They usually have decent taste. Any bulk ones are crap - even the fancy ones on the vine. Tomatoes are MY vegetable. ;) One of the few that aren't green and that don't smell like week-old socks when you cook them.