What's new

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some lower nug action on the Chernobyl slymer s1 day 37 View attachment 18997467
IMG_2831.jpeg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_2899.jpeg
IMG_2899.jpeg
😳 https://www.livescience.com/animals...ks-like-a-gargoyle-and-holds-honking-pageants
Hammer-headed bats are named after the males' oversized boxy heads, which evolved to amplify and project the honking sounds they produce to impress females during courtship displays.

An adult male hammer-headed bat (Hypsignathus monstrosus) fitted with a solar-powered GPS collar for study. (Image credit: Sarah H. Olson;

Name: Hammer-headed bat (Hypsignathus monstrosus)

Where it lives: Lowland forests of West and Central Africa

What it eats: Fruit — including figs, bananas, guavas and mangoes — and flies

. Males hang from riverside trees and honk for hours at a time, while females fly by selecting a suitable mate. Females are highly picky, choosing the same 6% of males as mates 79% of the time (meaning the other 94% of males only get lucky once in a blue moon). The loudest honks usually get the most attention, so males have evolved a voice box, or larynx, that takes up around half their body cavity.

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_2905.jpeg
IMG_2906.jpeg
IMG_2908.jpeg
All creatures, great and small. They are so cool……

“Weston and Kirkland carefully removed the hook from the reptile before the men released it back into the water. They also did not want to accidentally harm the reptile because it is a protected species. (Art Weston)” https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/f...napping-turtle-catching-monster-alligator-gar
The next day, the Kentucky angler and his fishing guide went back to the lake in hopes of getting their hands on another record-shattering alligator gar.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

oldmaninbc

View attachment 18997792 View attachment 18997793 View attachment 18997799 All creatures, great and small. They are so cool……

“Weston and Kirkland carefully removed the hook from the reptile before the men released it back into the water. They also did not want to accidentally harm the reptile because it is a protected species. (Art Weston)” https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/f...napping-turtle-catching-monster-alligator-gar
The next day, the Kentucky angler and his fishing guide went back to the lake in hopes of getting their hands on another record-shattering alligator gar.
If that turtle is a snapper I wouldn't want it snapping at me. It looks prehistoric.

oldmaninbc

If you follow the link, you can read the full article and it weighed 293 pounds 😳 and was submitted as a candidate for world record… to get that size unmolested is unbelievably rare. I’m so glad they released it.
Sorry, haven't finished morning coffee yet, I am still in sleep mode.

My gramps taught me about snappers when I was a child, we lived by a pond/swamp.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_1212.jpeg
IMG_1214.jpeg
IMG_1213.jpeg
they are such an interesting Reptile .. truth be told I would love to find a baby and make it a pet, but I won’t .. I came across this one. …It was an old war horse missing a front limb. This is from about five years ago. It was way out in the middle of nowhere far from any water must’ve been looking for a place to lay eggs only explanation usually when you see them out in the spring time that’s what they’re up t…..

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Good morning all.
I am waiting to get my trellis poles in the mail and will flip this room as soon as trellis is set.
Grand Daddy Purple is going to interesting as far as whether it has enough stretch to open it up a bit and get some light in there.
I think going forward it may be best practice to keep up on defoliation as she grows from clone.

D670414E-EAF4-4247-8821-9235390CD55F.jpeg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning all.
I am waiting to get my trellis poles in the mail and will flip this room as soon as trellis is set.
Grand Daddy Purple is going to interesting as far as whether it has enough stretch to open it up a bit and get some light in there.
I think going forward it may be best practice to keep up on defoliation as she grows from clone.

View attachment 18998264
We’ll Put some of the strawberries on top of those ... not organic but they are gargantuan
0C0E6E51-F1D7-4C38-8B2C-BBEF8AFD59DD.jpeg
ACE53B6D-7652-4BF5-8E8D-0B6BE85A0BCF.jpeg
3C8A9F70-548C-4120-8E87-90A3B5F62A4F.jpeg
AB4607DB-FD85-4981-9E2F-4DEB7CB02CA4.jpeg
76B38644-C116-49F3-9EC1-95636C6D9C27.jpeg