What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking weed while pregnant?

CBDman

under 18 years cannabis ?

only if the child is VERY VERY sick and nothing other helps.
in cases like Charlotte Web , special cases only with special doctors

Please avoid cannabis to healthy kids
This means avoid cannabis if you are pregnant, and the period you give brestmilk also.

Real breast milk without Cannabis is best, this makes strongest kids in the school quarentee in future.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
under 18 years cannabis ?

only if the child is VERY VERY sick and nothing other helps.
in cases like Charlotte Web , special cases only with special doctors

Please avoid cannabis to healthy kids
This means avoid cannabis if you are pregnant, and the period you give brestmilk also.

Real breast milk without Cannabis is best, this makes strongest kids in the school quarentee in future.

I find your post comical... But....please....stop with the propaganda spewing its unhealthy for this thread...

RizlaMan

Let's be real.

The only choice is to avoid all tobacco, cannabis, caffiene, OTC and prescription medications, et cetera as much as possible.

This is not debatable.

Thinking someone should consume cannabis while pregnant is akin to thinking it is a good idea to not take vaccines or wear seat belts.

Don't be a idiot.

soil margin

Veteran
Let's be real.

The only choice is to avoid all tobacco, cannabis, caffiene, OTC and prescription medications, et cetera as much as possible.

This is not debatable.

Thinking someone should consume cannabis while pregnant is akin to thinking it is a good idea to not take vaccines or wear seat belts.

Don't be a idiot.

What does "as much as possible" mean? Your advice is about as useful as a car with square wheels.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Be nice, they're new. :) RiziaMan, you'll find ICMag is not like most cannabis boards. You'll get a lot farther on here with a slightly more tolerant approach. Suggestions are fine, but dictating what others do is not going to win you any followers.

Did you read the thread before posting? ;)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You disagree with avoiding as many intoxicants and chemicals as possible while pregnant?

What tolerance is appropriate?

RizlaMan

Be nice, they're new. :) RiziaMan, you'll find ICMag is not like most cannabis boards. You'll get a lot farther on here with a slightly more tolerant approach. Suggestions are fine, but dictating what others do is not going to win you any followers.

Tolerating people who push an agenda of 'smoking weed while pregnant is A-OK because, afterall, it's weed' is like tolerating someone's opinion that sugarwater is a great gasoline substitute.

Stupidity or non-congruence with reality is not something that's to be tolerated.

Everyone does not just have have a right to an opinion that must be tolerated.

Everyone who has an opinion that is evidence-based and reflectve of reality has an opinion that should be tolerated.

If I say that purple unicorns poop diamonds on my doorstep every morning and, because I really like unicorns, that's why I think you should have a pet unicorn......you would be crazy to 'tolerate' it. You'd call it crazy. You'd ridicule it. You'd shame the person that said it until they stopped saying non-sense.

Saying it's acceptale to smoke weed while pregnant is just as crazy.

It doesn't matter this is a pro-cannabis forum.

RizlaMan

Concerning the fellow who was conflicted that he grew some cannabis and a woman who is/was pregnant was smoking it, thus should he say something.....

It is noble he is concerned.

The woman--and the man who impregnated her--are the ones who will deal with the consequences the rest of their life. She and he will reap what she has sewn by willfully gambling with the development of their child's brain before it's ever born.

Her actions are: stupid, immoral, and unacceptable.

This is case in point why one must be highly selective in with whom they mate.

RizlaMan

What does "as much as possible" mean? Your advice is about as useful as a car with square wheels.

While it is ideal for a gestating female to avoid all pharmacological and toxic substances, there are situations when medication is warranted. The probability of the good and bad effects of a medicine must be weighed when such situations arise.

Just as it is well estalished that ethanol, cocaine, thalidomide, cigarettes et cetera all impact a developing fetus, it is well established that cannabis and cannabinoids also modulate fetal development. All of us here love cannabis but we also must recognize that like any substance it has good and bad effects. Weed is not 100% good just because.......it's weed.

When it is weighed against each other:'woman wants to get high' versus 'baby's brain could be damaged before it's ever born'.......it's incontrovertible a pregnant woman should never consume cannabis.

Maple_Flail

Let's be real.

This is not debatable.

Don't be a idiot.

and where is your evidence based proof?

saying "choice" makes your dietribe sound like this is merely your soap boxed opinion.

Cannabis Isn't a toxic substance, it is FAR from, as another said, Humans have an endocannabinoid system.

have you ever wondered what that "pregnacy glow" is? Mama's stoned on Endocannabinoids son.. how? her system was weakened to grow the childs and once the childs is Running both feed both mama and baby, they are both flying!

Now what happen's when Mama's system is augmented due to medical need? looking at more than just THC in the system? can't find much and what I can find that is scientifically conducted would suggest there really isn't an issue.

In saying all this, I don't know that cannabis is an issue at all in pregnacy. I'm talking about a plant that can produce the full spectrum of cannabinoids not merely just Rec THC only pot.

I have my personal opinion that there are greater things to worry about if the source of the cannabis is clean and organic/natural when it comes to pregnacy. that being said mass produced crap with residuals and whatever else, ya thats a problem!

My opinion is, suppliment with CBD, go with moderation and never smoke something that hasn't been tested in some fashion, and aviod thc edibles. let those fat deposits fill up with metabolized CBD to counteract any psychoactive negative.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Endocannibinoids produced by the body are not the same.

Some dope tried to make that argument earlier in regards to breastmilk.

Different chemicals, vastly different concentrations.

You criticize him for an opinion with no supporting information, then proceed to step on the soap box and present your own?

He makes the same point I do. In the absence of evidence either way avoid as much as possible intoxicants and chemicals.

Real ballbusting material.

FYI all humans have endo cannabinol receptors so ...........

So what?

We have receptors for a wide variety of chemicals, natural and synthetic.

I wood

The real danger is from child protective services getting involved because of pot.
This realand known danger had my wife and I abstaining the whole time from when we started trying until breastfeeding was complete. Wife even made me quit taking ginkgo biloba.
The next two kids were surprises and I was no longer thc free.
Four healthy smart kids.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone with a super healthy cannabis kid, raise their hand. :)

I once saw a dog leap from a bridge and break a leg on impact with the water.

Therefore, all dogs jump from bridges and all dogs break their legs as a result.

Your grasp of deductive reasoning is stunning to behold.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
And when they run studies with "cleanly" grown cannabis, we'll have actual results.

Those papers, except the ones working with isolates (and that has it's own host of issues), have no control over the garbage cannabis most people use. Prohibition has been very good at keeping cannabis rather dirty.

Read the studies, it's excessive nutrients, weird chems, and all the pesticides used to ignorantly grow cannabis.

So, when 'clean' information is produced you can point at it and say "see!??" :)

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
The real danger is from child protective services getting involved because of pot.

I always thought this was so messed up. Like taking a kid from his/her family and putting them in foster care is way more detrimental to their well being than having a stoner dad or mom. I can understand if the parents are strung out on heroin or crack and the kid is in a dangerous situation or being neglected, but pot? Come the fuck on. I guess if they would just chain smoke cigarettes and get drunk instead than everything would be alright.