What's new

Shiva Grows

revegeta666

looks tasty to me, as does the asparagus . we are doing a small patch in a horse shit mound
Those are wild though, that's why they're so thin. Just finished planting some stuff right now as well. 90% onions lol
IMG_20240326_132658.jpg

revegeta666

Trying out rabbit manure this year, will also use it for my weed plants, along dome compost from the vineyards. Very interested in seeing how they like it compared to the soil mix I usually make. I usually buy bags of kelp, bonemeal, bloodmeal, stuff like that. It's a lot cheaper to just use shit though.

shiva82

i have to sort my fruit trees out this week. make some drainage . going to skim the top layer of soil 1m radius round each tree, fork it like crazy add some wood ashes , some stone and manure , then tarp cover the area. will help neutralise the ph and add some food and aeration . its a flood plain lol. gets boggy . i'm amazed they are still alive

revegeta666

i have to sort my fruit trees out this week. make some drainage . going to skim the top layer of soil 1m radius round each tree, fork it like crazy add some wood ashes , some stone and manure , then tarp cover the area. will help neutralise the ph and add some food and aeration . its a flood plain lol. gets boggy . i'm amazed they are still alive
Ashes are great for flowering cannabis too. I recently burned a big pile of branches and made a little pool of ashes for the hens. I read they use it to roll in it to get rid of parasites. I wasn't sure they were gonna use it but you can clearly see they have been rolling around in it haha. Nature knows best

shiva82

i was building a big bonfire ,,,, and then my mate asked me what i was doing... i did not realise he uses a log burner in his house everyday. he had a large bin full of clean burnt wood ash

revegeta666

in 5 years time we will be walking through our own food forest . if we pull it off.
a drainage channel will need to be dug though .
I wish I could do that. Our well water is salty (we're next to the beach so subterranean currents mix with sea water). There's a limited amount of stuff you can grow well with salty water. Olive trees, almond trees, and the local tomato strain we have here which must be one of the few that likes salty water. For all the rest we hluse rainwater and although my deposit is very big there's only a limited amount of stuff we can grow with it. And I need some for the weed plants, they really love it too.