What's new

RISKofWATERs pc SCROG

riskofwater

well i finished my cab yesterday and yesterday as well happed to be day one of my hopefully lady friend!

i have my power ran thru my "powersupply"

have it on my desk totally sealed up and light proof!

heres some pics of my little plant
day 1

and today, these were taken thismorning!
day 2

as of right now she *fingers crossed* is getting bottled water no nutes.
when she does get her nutes i havent decided yet but its going to be floranova bloom or pbp bloom for soil.

im very excited for this one for this is my first soil gorw!
:D:woohoo::woohoo::dance:

riskofwater

420oclock-the daytime interior temp is average 83F with 39% humidity. nighttime temp is about 65F and 45% humidity. its sits near my actually pc so the heat keeps the area warm. when it gets too hot i open a vent on the intake and when it gets too cool i just turn my fans down. so far no problems with it.

j.guit.err

Looks good man, what's your strategy for scrog'ing the plant? You going to attach to the tower or what?
Also, are you running just one seed? It would be a shame to have it turn out male. I would run a couple until they show sex imo.

Keep us updated, it looks good!

riskofwater

420- thanks man!

j.guit.err- i germed 3 seeds and only one accually germed. sad but true.. im trying to keep the conditions right in there to help lean toward female. as far as the scrog, im going to install it about 6.5" up. ill prolly put that in some time next week.

ok so heres some pics from thismorning at about noon

day 3

Tranc3R

Nice and clean looking setup.

A suggestion for the future.

If your keen on doing Scrog, you might want to think about growing a female plant and keeping it as a mother and using clones to grow into the screen. Then rearranging that PC case so that your power board and all the equipment is in a space at the top, rather than at the back.

This would allow you to maximise your horizontal screen space increasing your final harvest. Since scrog allows a low and even canopy, you can afford to lose some height.

Good luck in your efforts friend :D

riskofwater

MiCoLa, Share_The_Pain- thanks guys!

Tranc3R- i never thought of that! i have another case im going to begin working on, its alot wider, almost square! its a good 4" taller as well. im planning on doing a micro DWC grow with maybe 4 to 6 clone staggered along the bottom. im actually going to take your idea to heart and utilize it! thanks for the awesome idea!:woohoo:

riskofwater

checked in on the plant today. 2" tall and another set of leaves are coming in. today is day 4 and all looks well. i will have pics up later.

:1help:what do you thing the soil is 6" from light, plant top is 4" from light. i have it lifted up 2". should i drop the pot back down so the plant top is 6" from light or leave it?:1help:

M

Micro420

checked in on the plant today. 2" tall and another set of leaves are coming in. today is day 4 and all looks well. i will have pics up later.

:1help:what do you thing the soil is 6" from light, plant top is 4" from light. i have it lifted up 2". should i drop the pot back down so the plant top is 6" from light or leave it?:1help:

How many watts are you running in the PC? From your last pic and post(2" tall) they maybe stretching so due to lack of light?!? Keep it 4" or as close as possible w/o burning the plant.

riskofwater

j.guit.err- shes as close as possible now!

Micro420- im running 46 watts ive got it pretty close now and hasnt grown much toward the light. seems to be producing leaves instead! :woohoo:

ok so its day 7 and heres some pics. im watering every 2-3 days or when pot feels it needs it. using bottled water only and all seems to be going good! i lifted up my plant closer to the light so she would stop stretching so much. been running off 12/12 from seed. hopefully she will begin to flower in 3 days or so! during the days it doesnt get over 86`F and im always around 26% humidity. :1help:should it be more humid? if so how can i increase the humidity?:1help:

well here they are! day 7!!

j.guit.err

Some have suggested leaving an open container of water out, but that hasn't helped my humidity, not sure what to say there. As far as temps go, be careful because 86 is pushing it. Try to reduce the temp by either adding a fan or increasing the intake, that temp will become problematic later in your grow; I know from experience there! You probably won't see the results of flowering anytime soon because the plant will stretch and grow until it's ready to flower. In my 12/12 grow it took until the plant was about 8" high or more to start showing sex.

Be patient and control your environment and you'll be happy!

Tranc3R

i wouldnt be to concerned about the humidity, the temperature is far more critical. Besides you want a low humidty in flower.

Are those containers clear? If so tape them up.

T

teerull

Neat looking grow there riskofwater!
what are the dimensions of the actual grow area?
I'm askin' because i just started a pc grow quite similar to yours, as a matter of fact I just planted a NL seed today under 46W of 2700K CFLs as well! really hoping she will reveal herself soon!
Anyways I think I will go with LST rather than SCROG. Any specific reasons why u chose SCROG over LST?

good luck with the grow and looking forward to seeing some progress!

peace.

riskofwater

j.guit.err- thanks, i increased the intake and it dropped the temp. :yes:

Tranc3R- got it taped up!

teerull- its about 9" long by 6" deep and 14" tall. im putting my screen in at about 7". i picked to go SCROG because im not too familiar with LST. i do have a question for you tho man, why 2700k? i have a 6500k right now and ill switch to my 2700 when she begins to flower or at 24 days. whichever is first.

now for the pics! :joint: ok so it is now day 11 and here they are! pics are from day 9 to day 11.

day 9

day 10

day 11- i added a top layer of soil. the old stuff was starting to set a little.

and there it is! thanks all for the help along the way!:smoke:

Tranc3R

Phwoar, thems looking nice and healthy Risk. Awesome work so far.

Teerull : Scrog is far superior in a small space. The only reason why you WOULDNT go scrog is if you had mutliple plants and were unsure which was male. Even then, its not that hard to get a male out of a screen.

T

teerull

riskofwater, I'm using the 2700K ones because I'm going to 12/12 straight from seed, so I'll minimize the growth period and therefore keep the plant a bit smaller! I've got like 11" of growing height so i really need keep it small.
thanks for the info trancer, I'll reconsider my options and do a bit more research!

peace.