What's new

Revised Vertical Areo

G

Very impressive BB.. that stuff looks fantastic, great job :woohoo:

Can you comment a lil more on your experience with the light mover? You say the 3 6's are doing better than the 1ks on the mover. How has bud density changed? How many feet were the lights moving?

Thanks bro

Last edited:

betterboy

I just finnished some F&D grows I had 1 4x4 and 1- 4x3 with 2-1000hps, 63 plants in 1 table and 53 on other, used a light mover for even lighting, got aq pitiful 38.5 ozs.
other grow i had 1 4x4 with 51 plants and 2- 600,s got 32.75 ozs all used the same strains .
The 600's dig. has had 2 grows with them and bout 4 grows with the 1000hps magnetic coil ballasts but the 600's just seem so much brighter. I know a lot of guys have had a problem with their lumatec dig ballasts but I love mine with the eye hortilux lamp.
With the vertical unit got everything trimmed now to top everything else off with all the problems i had , now im seeing spider webs on the buds, thought it was mold but after olooking at it with my 30x scope just massive webbing. looks like ill be ordering prediators soon , I hate f * * * * * * bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

macster

Very impressive grow BB
I've been looking over Aero grow and down the road I'd like to go that way especially with the yields and the increased speed,however I've been looking at the 3x4 tables with 39 plant sites (put three together and hang 2 1000watters over them.However your's looks intriguing but I've a hard time grasping the concept. Since you've done yourharvest could you post some detailed pictures of the empty unit (a picture says 1000 words) and post in your gallery so I can increase the size of the photo I know your busy but I'd like to see the plant sites a picture of your pump etc.how the drainage works and your res.
Tks in advance
Mac

betterboy

Macster
Ive got the unit tore down right now, been working on cleanning all up, the pump is a flotec. 1/2 hp. they run bout 140.00 at menards, its a well pump Ill try to get some pics up in a day or so , some important stuff isnt visible that is used. I can tell ya one thing it takes some work to build these

macster

tks bb I'm looking forward to it, also it looks circular how do you get in the middle to chack your plants,are the plants growing on an angle? so many questions so little time LOL.
Mac

macster

The guy at the hydo store has something simalar pump wise but he wants 450$ for it and I know it will be alot cheaper almost anywhere else.

guineapig

Veteran
Impressive.....most impressive!!!

Honestly the best Coliseum grow i have ever seen.....i am glad all your hard work was
rewarded with a hefty yield of top-shelf meds...........if you read this, could you tell
me was it easy to flush out this system? how many days did you flush, if at all? I
also wonder about the final taste and overall burning quality (i.e. produces a delicate
white ash?)......

:ying: kind regards from the guineapig :ying:

Heady NUGs

I have never seen a system like that, but it seems to be workin well for you. Keep up the good work...

Where did you get the idea for such a system?

betterboy

macster, $450.00 for a pump? wayyyy to much,$140 is what i paid for my pump at menards
guineapic
I never deprive my little girls of food, I've tried the flushing thing and seen no differance, I use RO, DI water and my res is 60 gal. I do a lot of F&D grows , love the easy grows with little maintance , I think the areo requires a little more attension , mostly keeping an eye on the misters so as not to plug.great bud but personally I think the strains determind that, one thing i do believe though is that with areo, it seems to bring out the crystals out more so then my F&D
Heady NUGS
Actually after seeing the coli when they first came out and the fact that im cheap and love to build things I came up with this basic , actually the first unit i built was a F&D unit, didnt work well, mostly i think because of my medium but being the die hard I tried 4 grows with the F&D and just wasnt happy with it then decided to give areo a try, I was always a big fan of lothar's of OG areo grows, back when og exsisted, seems as tough I keep trying to improve it, some changes worked well , some didnt.
This was my second grow with this areo, It did o.k. but am hoping to break the 5 LB mark with this unit. next round I think im gonna give the plants 8 to 11 days veg time before i flip them to 12/12

G

Whoa, I just gotta say fantastic job Betterboy. Your craftiness is superb! And thanks a ton for sharing what you've done!

macster

BB
On your F&d system where you got 38.5 oz etc. What size res were you using ??
Why I ask is I had 21 plants on a nft type system 2x 1000watt etc 4x8 table and got 3lbs
my first attempt but doubled up and put 42 plants on the same table and got a measly 1 lb.
I suspect the res (25gal) wasn't big enough to handle that number of plants. So how big is your res for the f&d system???
Mac

betterboy

I use a 40 gal. heavy like stock tub from the farm store these are great, their oval shape and ownly bout 12" tall, ill see if i can get ya a pic

Latest posts

Latest posts