What's new

Remove "thumbs up/down" from notifications?

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Is there a button that will prevent thumb ratings from showing in the Notifications window?

I had half a dozen notifications waiting for me today. By the time I clicked the button, there were even more. I was greatly relieved to see there was only one PM. While the thumb thing was amusing once, it's already aggravating the hell out of me.

As a Mod, I feel the need to check notifications immediately and, with thumbs showing as notifications, I now find it's overwhelmingly a waste of time.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
It's well past waned for me. I have a responsibility to check every notification and now, 90% of the time, it's just someone wagging their thumb and I have to click on all of them or the Notification count is useless.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Stop both please!
Dont want to give a seizure to someone...i´m sooooo easy on the trigger...
can´t se a thumbs up all me goes all fuzzy and warm... ;)

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
i agree people are already abusing it.. its easier for the super lazy to now hand out bad rep like candy.. Where as before they had to hit the rep icon then type some shit that was to much make it to much again puuuulease... peace.

sackO

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
LOL, i love how you express hatred for it, so people give you thumbs up anyway haha

ArcticBlast

sackoweed

Veteran
i got me a stalker JACK DA REAPER is following me and hittin thumbs down for all my posts ALL Of them..

sackoweed

Veteran
alll i know is just turned off my rep so get to it jack da reaper you sissy its obvious you want to smoke mcyummins pole...

gomer

I was handing it out like candy yesterday until I ran out because next to the thumbs is says "Did you find this post helpful?". I went through a short thread and rated almost every post. One post said "I agree". I gave it a thumbs down because it did not help me. I was not super lazy:biggrin: I was following the instructions as I interpreted them. I did not know it was also rep until an hour later.

Thumbs needs to be separated from the rep system. Then let us give one rating to every post on the forum. If we have enough time to kill.

Our Father yUMMYbUD, who art in heaven
hallowed be thy Name,yUMMY
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.<yUMMY mOMS BASEMENT
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,<rUSSIAN aSS
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,<YUMMY PORCHE