flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s on!
IMG_2955.jpeg

kro-magnon

Veteran
When I went to buy seeds in Amsterdam in 96 I visited the Positronic shop, it was insane, you could see the room with the different genetics growing and depending on what was available you could smoke the buds from those rooms; Coming from a country with 100% prohibition it was like paradise this shop. We didn't buy any seeds there because they had no more of what we wanted; Finally we bought some Afghani#1 from Sensi Seeds;

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Long ago if I recall we discussed the possibility of cannabis coming from borneo to colombia

Also past discussion have included African origins. I'd imagine that be a good probability. Seems African slaves have been brought to colombia since the 1500's .

Both parts of Colombia and Africa lie on the equator ,I'd assume acclimating wouldn't be difficult

Always great to read your post

1luvbigherb
In a 1979 High Times article about Colombia, there was an interview with someone from ANF who did in that time a field study about Cannabis in Colombia. He didn't mention about cultivation by US pharmaceutical companies in Colombia in the 1930s, only that here and there, there was some cultivation and use. This changed in the early 70s by the arrival of US hippies, but also when massive ship loads of Mexican seeds arrived into Colombia. The article did mention about Colombian indica, but don't think this was meant of a broadleaf cultivar, but from India.
The Mexican seeds were crossed with the Colombian indica to become new cultivars.

In a Times article from 1979 about Colombia, the article mentioned of introduction of Thai genetics in 1977 into Colombia. Cultivation exploded in that time after Mexico was badly hit by the Paraquat campaigns from the government supported by the US.

So imo we better speak of Colombian cultivars than landraces.

Piff_cat

Karl hillig did the most extensive landrace study in 2004 with 155 lines including 7 south African 2 Colombians and a Nigerian.

The main part of study was identifying allozymes- mutated forms of enzymes passed down from progenitor to progeny.

The biggest drug type diversity finding was shikimate dehydrogenase or skdh. The shikimate pathway specifically directs precursors away from primary metabolites toward secondary metabolites(terpenes cannabinoids etc)

a rare skdh allele was found only present in all 7 south African, the Nigerian and both Colombians. So south African def played a part

Screenshot_20240516-001758.png

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Colombian (f) x Afghan (m) F1...some of the best of two worlds blended together

View attachment 19002254

Half sister...colombian :)

View attachment 19002259

sorry if Ive hi-jacked the thread
As long as you contribute with pictures and interesting content (possibly personal experience and history of cannabis related) instead of boring people to tears with fruitless trolling, you're good in my books.
17158371662975120357623688966803.jpg

Not haze, but probably related through Caribbean stock: Jamaican x S. A.

Rastafarout

Premium user
Karl hillig did the most extensive landrace study in 2004 with 155 lines including 7 south African 2 Colombians and a Nigerian.

The main part of study was identifying allozymes- mutated forms of enzymes passed down from progenitor to progeny.

The biggest drug type diversity finding was shikimate dehydrogenase or skdh. The shikimate pathway specifically directs precursors away from primary metabolites toward secondary metabolites(terpenes cannabinoids etc)

a rare skdh allele was found only present in all 7 south African, the Nigerian and both Colombians. So south African def played a part

View attachment 19003295
Yeah I’ve also thought this , lots of hazey expressions in South African landies .
racos Colombian above looks similar to this
IMG_9050.png

IMG_9053.png