What's new

- post your medical strain -

kusherberry

i think :chin: we should all start a new thread called - post your medical strain - that way patients around the world don't have to spend their valuable time on unsuitable strains that don't help their condition i for one still looking for the bomb hopefully i guess so be kind and post your best strain for your medical conditions,
thanks kusherberry. :wave:

G

Blockhead cures anything from mental laziness to athletes foot,I'll keep it till I can grows no longer.

G

Trainwreck: 8:00 am-2:00 pm

Odyssey: 2:01 pm-8:00 pm

Bubba or Purple Kush(Trichome Tech Cut): 8:01-Midnight

So, Sativa for morning,early afternoon.

Nice sativa/indica mix for midday /evening

and indica for night.

Keeps my head and body sorted perfectly this way :joint:

G

I've grown blueberry three times,two DP and 1 DJ true blueberry and the potency just isnt there for me.Its hard for me to describes smells and such.I guess blockhead is best described as a slender leafed,non-stretching indica,with few pistils and plenty of sugar leaf.I never could understand why a red pistiled plant is coveted,the fewer the pistils the better IMO.Blockhead is dense rockhard pinebud.To describe how it may affect someone else would be to fool myself though it is my favorite of favorites

T

THCV

After growing and smoking a few strains for a long time for their medical benefit, here is what I have found:

Trainwreck is a great daytime high, and very uplifting if you are depressed. however, for people with heart murmurs or anyone with a tendency towards paranoia, TW should be avoided. It is for medical smokers who can handle it's edgy sativa high. I find that it makes me into hiking, but when i hike on it i tend to feel more easily winded than with other strains. Ultimately, I have found that TW can bring on intestinal cramping with my IBD, so now i stopped smoking it. But I miss that electric, ADD high! It really is a stimulant. Cinderella 99 is even more intensely stimulating than TW, but not as much body.

Bubba Kush is my fav all around medical strain. It has the narcotic body feeling that many people are looking for in their painkillers and relaxants--so for patients that use vicodin or other opiates, or ativan or other benzodiazepines, it is a great natural alternative. It has none of the sativa edge of TW; instead, it makes you feel relaxed, happy, mellow but not couchlock (unless you let it go long), does wonders for pain, and puts a nice visual patina over everything. White Rhino is the closest seed strain i have tried that feels like Bubba's high, although it is more couchy. Bubba is the best for IBD.

OG is a great hybrid. It is electrifying and mellowing at the same time. It isn't as beneficial for my condition than Bubba, but it is stronger and has more of a mood lift which can be nice. There is a good dose of the sativa edge, enough to keep things lively without paranoia. It's a great painkiller too. It can require a nap after an hour or two, but if you are ill that can be beneficial too. It's my favorite high.

I'll post more as i get more long-term medicinal experience with other strains.

THCV

kusherberry

hi co the link don't work you should bring your thread to icmag their is more members hear and you don't have to log in to see the threads//////

pizzadude

THCV said:
Bubba Kush is my fav all around medical strain. It has the narcotic body feeling that many people are looking for in their painkillers and relaxants--so for patients that use vicodin or other opiates, or ativan or other benzodiazepines, it is a great natural alternative.

sounds like the ticket for spine issues! great thread!

for what it's worth, i found white label double gum to be pretty good in keeping my spine in check, as well as non-paranoia inducing, but it's not potent enough.

Hope this helps................

Hope this helps................

As we try to develop positive responses with mmj, folks on other message boards have provided some insight into what works for them. I would APPLAUD anyone who is a mmj patient in Colorado, or elsewhere, who might provide additional insight as to specifically what strains are working for them?

DISCLAIMER: This posting, as the previous ones, are anonymous in nature to protect privacy. They were taken from one of approximately 150 medical marijuana based websites located somewhere in INTERNET SPACE. The individual posters identity is NOT significant within the frame of this thread, only an opportunity for others to gain possible insight into their medicinal experience with strains. Take from this what you will....................
****************************************************************************************
Focus: Catalyst, Billiejack, Jack Herer, C99, Thai, Haze, Elvis, Dogshit.....

Insomnia, Social Awareness, Emotional Stability: Black Domina, Butterscotch Hawiian, Trainwreck, Afgani, William's Wonder, Blueberry.

MS Neuropathic Pain / Urinary Incontinence: Trainwreck, Super Silver Haze), NYCD and Sour Diesel. For severe pain, concentrates may be required.

Digestive Disorders: Blueberry, Blackberry, Black Domina.
Nausea and Diarrhea and Cramping (including Menstrual Cramps): Blueberry.
Social Anxiety: Romulan, NL#5, Hindu Kush, OG Kush, Bubba Kush.
Stress: Heavenly Man.
Sleep and General Relaxation: Sonoma Coma, Lifesaver, Real Matanuska Thunder Fu*K, XXX, Legends Ultimate Indica, Sensi Star.

Alert, Cerebral: AK-47, Dankouver, Cambodian X Orange Peako.
Anti Depress & Anxiety, Sleep: Blue Moonshine, Jack Herrer, M-39, Herijuana.
Cronic Pain: Romulan, Shiskeberry.
Appetite Stimulant/Spasms: TY's Northernberry x Reefermans herijuana.
Joint and Muscle Pain: Legends Ultimate Indica, UBC Chemo x Grapefruit.

for the record:
Billiejack and what i have been calling willy jack from woodie are the same thing.
Chronic pain: Blueberry, reeferman's hashplant
appetite stimulant: Catalyst
Joint and muscle pain: Blueberry
White Russian-ak-47 x white widow-excellent for chronic pain and insomnia
M39 for chronic pain
Original Blueberry for M.S. Chronic pain , muscle spasms and muscle cramping.
I also use California Orange, believe it or not, for spinal pain relief
************************************** *************************DJ Short bb and it was a 9 or higher outa 10 for pain relief
Catalyst: is good for Anxiety and Depression
Romulan-munchies, sleep inducer
AK-47-pain relief, day dreaming, anti stress
Romulan: Pleasant slight mental high. *Great painkiller*/minor muscle relaxant. Aided sleep. My heart doesn't race at all on this stuff! Apparently, it has a lower THC content than many, and this may account for it's mellowness. Yeah! It also doesnt make me feel 'stoned' or stupid.

Blueberry Kush: Medium pain control. Medium body high, STRONG sleep inducer. Knocked me out....twice.

Peak 19- Too strong! 1/4 of a puff made my heart race for about a half hour, and made me feel like I was going to be ill. I hate this crap!!

Mango+Durban cross: Decent painkiller, euphoric feeling, 'couch-lock'. Slightly 'stupid' high, and munchie inducer. Makes my fingers feel numb occasionally.

Trainwreck: Anti-anxiety. Muddled my thoughts a bit but not too much to be disturbing. Good painkiller. Slight heartrate elevation. Extreme munchee inducer.
MIGRAINES -We used Northern Lights about 10 years ago to help my ex-fiancee's mother-
who'd been through every medication around *and* an experimental brain surgery. =)
I personally think Romulan works WONDERS for pain of all kinds.....although perhaps with a migraine
you might try something really strong- like Snow White or White Widow......apparently, many people say you should go
for Sativas for migraines (online source)....hmmm...in that case, I suppose you might wish to try White Widow first
and then certain strains of Northern Lights.....I KNOW that one worked.
Skunk#1 that was grown on the PainPal system is VERY relaxing for me, it numbs my chronic back pain and is a real easy
on the throat smoke. Two reasonable sized bowls and I'm off to "la la land"
Nevles Haze is really good for psychiactric conditions, mood, and anxiety.
I love Sensi-Star for it's ability to control muscle pain and nausea. It also has a wonderful aroma and taste to boot.
GDP = Purple Erkle x Big Bud
AKA "Grand Daddy Purple" AKA "RIP Grandaddy Purple" AKA "Ken's Grandaddy Purple".
RLSRLS is Restless Leg Syndrome = SSH Super Silver Haze 1-2 hours before sleep in an edible has been effective for many folks
I had a friend (RIP) who used to swear by Super Silver Haze cookies for his troublesome RLS and arthritic spinal problems. I have a couple of people I caregive that gave the strain a trial. Both of them said that the SSH cookies worked better than Rx medication and that Indica's did nothing for them.

They also are very good for neuropathy and spasms from Multiple Sclerosis.
I eat 2 strong cookies a day - like clockwork - and dropped the Rx meds for spasms.
This works well for me and it's the first thing I will give to someone
who has MS or bladder problems that come with MS. Nothing I've used works better.
ADDITIONAL POSTINGS OFF THE INTERNET ABOUT RELIEF STRAINS OF MMJ:

one of the best all around strains I tried, that penetrated my tolerance, was G13 x Haze, and it was a huge yielder too boot
afgani trainwreck -for my mind,muscles,pain
original u.w.-pain-
l.a. hogsbreath-pain,sleep,..frontal lobe action,lol.
i dont eat inless ingesting.trainwreck good for that.
AK-47- A more 'active' high, pretty decent munchie factor after a few minutes, and a very pleasant mental haze. Pain relief is definitely also a good plus with this one: an 8 for neuropathic pain, and a 9 for muscular pain. Effects are felt instantly, and although it's very potent, it doesn't make my heart race at all.

New York City Diesel- This strain tends to put a bit of 'tightness' in my chest. A 7-8 for pain control, and an odd discernable head buzz. This tends to come on slowly for me. Small munchie factor.

Trainwreck (further thoughts)- This is a really great strain to be active with. I've been using Trainwreck in the morning, followed by small hits of AK-47 throughout the day for pain relief, and it's very effective.

Have a pain free day all! I'll be trying Sensi Star and Snow White next....
Medicine Man- Excellent for neuropathic pain. I've been told by some that this is another name for White Rhino....although it doesn't seem to have as 'active' a quality as I expected from this strain. More than any other strain, this cannabis creates a fogging mental haze that can be shaken off if necessary, but really helps with perception of pain. I give this a 10 out of 10 for pain control and general anti-anxiety/mood elevation, however, I'd save it for the night- it's not the most motivating thing in the world, although it is possible to become productive if you push yourself enough.
Good Strains for inducing sleep?
-------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- --
Sweettooth #3
Sourbubble
Sensi Star
California orange
royal purple
grape ape
dragon fly purple
romulan
grape romulan
cali mist
durban poison
morning star
blueberry
white northern lights
white, blue or any of the "widows" and trainwreck as well
Super Silver Haze and Black Domina. Both knocked me out cold
M-39- Very happy, decent bodily relaxation, excellent anti-anxiety, and
good for cramps.

Silver Haze- AMAZING for pain- it's a very even head/body buzz, but
it's an alert, cerebral one. I want to be busy when I'm on this stuff.

RomSpice- This is the strongest body high I've ever felt. It literally
makes my whole body feel numb and tingly. I give it a 12 out of 10 for
pain. It surpasses Romulan by at least half. AMAZING and wonderful! It
not only kills my pain- without massive amounts of opiates, but it also
helps withdrawl symptoms- VERY well. It brought my aches down to being
barely tolerable with advil (as opposed to me lying on the floor
aching, shaking and vomiting).

Apparently, Cindy99 is supposed to be
excellent for MS- they make bhang out of the most potent strains they
have (RomSpice and Cindy99 for this batch), and many MS patients haven't
needed anything more than an occasional advil. AMAZING stuff.

Anti nausea strains: (I have BAD nausea due to a bad liver, kidney
disfunction, and mental trauma/PTSD) RomSpice, Silver Haze, Romulan, NY
Sour Diesel, M-39, Blue Moonshine, are ALL excellent- their effectivness
is in order from greatest to lesser- but all of them work very well.

NY Sour Diesel is excellent for anxiety, as is Bubblegum. SD gives an
almost tangible sense of relaxation in the head- it killed a developing
migraine before it started.
my personal preference for treating MS, is ANY strong Indica,,, i stay
away from any/all pure Sativas,,,

the reason is the effects from Sativas- energetic up buzz,, activates
my spazticity with this disease,,,

it turns on my shaking in plain terms, makes me shake more,, it makes
me vibrate, -try drinking coffeee i end up wearing it.

so for me,, an Indica,, a very very strong Indica, is what i need to
treat my issues with MS- Neuropathic pain,, spazticity,,,

indicas turn off my spazticity,,,

someone should take a video of me before/after,, when i am shakin,,
what MORE PROOF do these flippin idiots in the medical/political world
need???

so for Ms in conclusion,, with my needs specifically,, i would have a
list with only this-

NO SATIVAS!!!! Indicas Only!!!!!!
Best Strains for Arthritis
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=44452

Sensi Star but then i braught him some Bubba Kush and some green crack (for the mornings) the high is very up and euphoric but it doesnt lack in the pain killing department but you can never go wrong with some OG
any kush strain, lui, for nights
super silver haze for daytime
thats what worked for my chronic back pain
White Russian from SeriousSeeds and M39 have worked great for me.I have grade 4 chondromlatia of both knees.What that means is I have srthritis so bad that Im actually bone on bone and am on 120mg Oxycontin every 12 hours and 40mg Marinol a day for blowing chow.Im trying a new pain med OG Kush BHO a friend of mine made-made me numb and warm from my toes to my head on 3 hits.I also have some Graddaddy purple a buddy grew this last cycle that 2 hit and your blasted stuff.I am told Romulan is also good for arthritis.I have had good luck also with Moroccan00 hash.My trouble is I have a high motor on top of a pain rating at an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10.White Rhino is good.Sorry for just skippin around.Im thinking hard and Im a tad medicated at the moment.I like couchlock indica best-LUI and Blueberry..Im about to try some ak-47 x black domina that my buddy said is almost as good as the Og and he sends mea major chunk of BHO on top of it.I will have a relatively pain free christmas
I like the trainwreck for pain.
You can try White Rhino. It has a high CBD level, it is very effective against MS and chronic pain. Sweet, stoney indica, with a really narcotic effect.
During my years as manager at SIMM (institute for Medical Marijuana that used to produce the weed for the Dutch pharmacies) I have seen many people getting great benefits from this strain.
We know fibro and find that the best relief comes from heavy indica type meds . . . LUI (as already mentioned) is useful . . . especially if you find the correct phenotype . . . .

other favorites in "bedrock" include Herijuana and a couple of Herijuana crosses . . . Black Domina x Herijuana (called Mistress Midori) provides outstanding pain relief if any can still be found out there . . .
Indicas work best for my pain,bubble gum,bubba kush.havent found those strains out here yet,or any Indicas. apollo has had some good effect and lifesaver,also a friend had some special tops that worked. need more Indicas...
Oregon Medical Cannabis Awards 2006

Strain Recommendations by exact Medical Condition
Strain Name Recommended to treat Condition?

Afghooie x Haze
Pre-Menstrual Syndrome

Alien Train Wreck
Asthma

Auntie Em
Crohn's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis

Blue Fruit
Crohn's Disease, Muscle Spasms

Catalyst
Pre-Menstrual Syndrome

Dynamite
Asthma, Crohn's Disease, Hepatitis C

East Coast Sour Diesel
Edema, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Radiolopathy

Green Queen
Epilepsy, Neck / Spine Pain

Jack Herer
Anxiety, Fibromyalgia

Lollipop
Cachexia, Degenerative Bone/Disc Disease, Edema, General Pain, General Seizures, Glaucoma, Migraine Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Nausea, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Medicine Woman
Diabetic Neuropathy, General Pain, General Seizures, Glaucoma, Hepatitis C, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, Radiolopathy

New York Diesel
Migraine Headaches

Northern Lights
Anxiety, Radiolopathy

Northern Lights / Jamaican
Arthritis

Original Mystic
Epilepsy

Phaght Betty
Cachexia, Degenerative Bone/Disc Disease, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Queen Bee
Neck / Spine Pain

Sensi Star
Migraine Headaches

Snow White
Pre-Menstrual Syndrome

Sweet Blu
Degenerative Bone/Disc Disease, Diabetic Neuropathy, Edema, Fibromyalgia, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, Neck / Spine Pain

Train Wreck
Anxiety, Arthritis, Diabetic Neuropathy

TX
Arthritis, Asthma, General Pain, General Seizures, Glaucoma, Multiple Sclerosis

White Widow
Cachexia, Hepatitis C, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Nirvana papaya: really helps chronic insomnia esp kief in cooking...

Nirvana White Rhino: eases some chronic pain and assisted with hunger
issues through chemo

Female Seeds Grapefruit: Great for depression but not so good for
anxiety issues.

Nirvana White Widow: Found to be good for depression and lessens
anxiety (again personal opinion here)

Nirvana northen light x big bud: Good for moderate pain and late picked
found to give a relaxing buzz...good for stress through pain, anxiety
and long term chemo fatigue.
BlueRhino1947 (Blue Rhino x 1947 (peak19xak47) Pain relief for arthritus etc.

professorgreen

Heres what i have to offer for a medical strain right now! Cindy 99 ready for harvest in a couple of days. This will be offered up in the next month to the medical community in southern cal.

kusherberry

wow what a great post CO i am overwhelmed by the amount of information you sheared with us thank you very much

Last edited:
T

THCV

COmidnightrider said:
Trainwreck: Anti-anxiety.

NOT!! hahaha...makes me wonder about the rest of the reviews. I prefer posters putting up personal experience to random net aggregation.

I agree TW induces MAJOR munchies.