What's new

Organic SFV OGKush (newest crop)

Looks fantastic, cant wait to flower my girl out. I'm wondering , is the SFV OG the same as the Valley OG , I know they are practially all the same anyways, I just notice a lot of similarities between the SFV, the Valley, and the Fire OG's ...all have those very verigated saw tooth like leaves :), and be dank as fu*K

J

JeffSpicoli

SFV and Valley are 2 different cuts. At least i have a Valley og, that is different than Swerves SFV og.
Valley og is a ORGNkid cut, SFV is Swerves. Fire is OGRaskals.
They all look very similar, with ograskals/fire looking the most unique in veg (IMO)

You got any dry nug shots CC???
Id love to see some.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spicoli, not right now... but I can get some dry shots in a few days. :) This crop is smelling particularly kickass. I was experimenting with FoxFarm Ocean Forest in lieu of earth wrom castings... NOT a good trade-off at all! That FFOF is loaded with heavy metals, and the taste of the herb suffers greatly as a result. This round has got the truly connoisseur-level smell going on. :) Can't wait to smoke some. :) I can say I never should have tried FFOF... but if I don't try things... I'll never know what works and what doesn't. :) Always trying new things, and therefore always learning the hard way! hehehe As any grower worth his salt must do.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
for quite awhile i avoided og kush cuts...so much negativity on the boards about her(not so much anymore) it made it easyfor me to eliminate her from my grows as i had access too so many cuts...now that i have fallen under her spell she is among my top strains and i cannot get enough...puffin some fire right now...gettin ready to team up w a bro and do a diary of: valley, HA, fire, and tahoe....crazy, have you tried the tahoe yet? IMO she has to be the lowest yielding ive seen, wonder what your style would do for her...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice! I guess I will ask since no one else has...How are you pruning to get 5 oz's? I guess 5-6 tops?

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will take some shots of the newest SFVs... Only about 2 weeks in flower but they will give you the idea about how I grow them.

spadedNfaded

Veteran
That's what i was gonna ask for, CC. I wanna know how big you let them get before flower!!

I always thought OGs were low yielding, at least that's what i always heard. 4-5 Oz per 3 gals?? crazy! How much light do you have them under??

Gorgeous!

- SubN

*EDIT* In your original post, you said she's a quick finisher. How long do you let her go?? Thanks!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lemon Lollypop`s:).........ahhh man,

any sujestion on where to get a solid SFV pheno from?,,,,,,,

OGKush seeds just seem less hassle than the OGkush cuts:)

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay... the question everyone wants answered... How tall do I let them get before flowering.

Here's a picture of two SFV plants... the one on the left is at 2 weeks flowering... the one on the right went in last night.

The one on the right is the average height I put SFV into flower at. They go from beer cups straight into three gallons of soil... veg for about 2 weeks, then flower.

2 weeks in the new pot isn't enough to let the roots take up the entire pot, so I count on the first 2 weeks in flower to finish colonizing the remaining space in the soil. It's this critical time (first two weeks of flower) that puts on the real bulk of the plant's final height and girth. I want to stress the point that the plant should have space remaining in the soil when they go into flower so the plant can experience a free-for-all growth spurt at this time.

After the first 2-3 weeks of flower, the plant's height levels out and the rest is budding growth, not height. The first few weeks of flower is absolutely critical for the end yield.

My SFVs reach about 4.5 -5 feet tall by the time the stretch is done. If you are having trouble getting SFV to yield, you can always plant two clones per pot... since they are tall, lanky plants, and two plants will fill the vertical space above the pot better than just one. But I prefer just growing the hell out of them one-per-pot. :)

Fed ONLY 13-12-2 seabird and bat guano, top-feed only. ;) So simple, and effective. Gotta love it.
picture.php

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I decided, while I was in there with the camera, that these Chem 4s were of the right age to start photographing. :) So here's one for the hell of it. :) Same growing method as the SFV OGKs. :)

picture.php

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Notice how much light and air can move through the SFV forest? I LIKE that. :) I hear complaints about the stretch of plants like this, Diesel, etc... But I gotta say... I actually like them this way. I feel the yields are increased when you can get more air and light through the canopy. Actually, plants with this profile don't really make a "canopy" in the classic sense.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I decided, while I was in there with the camera, that these Chem 4s were of the right age to start photographing.
Are you sure? WTF..that stands for When To Foto...CC..that is absolutely fantastic, great looking girl, nice image, I don't know how you waited so long, I'd be in shootin pix a month ago..Love the back ground buds...everything about it..I'm impressed..DD

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Notice how much light and air can move through the SFV forest? I LIKE that. :) I hear complaints about the stretch of plants like this, Diesel, etc... But I gotta say... I actually like them this way. I feel the yields are increased when you can get more air and light through the canopy. Actually, plants with this profile don't really make a "canopy" in the classic sense.

Thanks CC , loving the show pics finally of the sfv ogk & caught the chemd x og grow u just finished too with rez's gear, which looked pretty decent . Anything more than 2 tables with these tall ladies & one pretty much has to think "Netting baby" ! With that support & even spacing these tall OG's really do produce well with all that usuable dense rock hard nugs forming far down the stalks . And the sparse tall profiles of the OG's do lend to much more air circulation which is hard to get with the short squat purple K's . And talk about ease of trimming too....just have to have a wee bit o' patience for 'em to finish ....

OGK still is ontop of the ladder out here in the western world though it still blows my mind that the chem4 see's far less demand in the clubs , tho most agree that the high of the chem4 is one of the more solid around just isn't that sought after . Purples still top of the heap & experiencing a great resurgence in demand in nor Cali . Prolly mainly due to glut & the FLOOD of pot this year ...OGK ChemD & the '91 very popular down south .

tx for the pics & tips , nicely done

cheers !