What's new

Orange Diesel & Thai Haze x Skunk #1 in 30 gal DWC

D

Don Cotyle

Thanks for the invite Afficianado! I just posted a pic of the females at 26 days flower the other day. I'll be sure to update as they fatten up. I'm still waiting for a smoke report myself. I saw where Verite said they were potent!!! My temps lights out are in the mid 50's so if they have any color change I'll make sure to let em know. Did you see M@rg's ladys...SWEET!!!

danktown

looking tops! normally running multiple strains in those res setups like yours is asking for trouble but you seem to know what youre doing, ill be watching this one, when your patient enough to veg for a little while in these kinds of setups you yields can be monstrous, the benefit of a table setup as far as spacing and max plant capacity w/ the explosive growth/weight packing of dwc...keep up the good work man! :headbange:

D

Don Cotyle

Thanks danktown, I've been growing in my little closet for many many years now. Patients is the key!!! I like the sativas but not the long flowering times,so I grow a 60 or so day 30/70 S-I mixed strain on one side and an 80-120 day Sativa on the other tied back to allow as much light as possible on the other. Once the first is harvested I have plenty of smoke to hold me over for the wait. I try to remove as much of the root system as possible and then untie the sativa, pulling and tieing across the grow area to allow then all the room available, trying to spread them out to let the light in. I've even gone as far as cutting the pot in half and droping them to the bottom of the rez tank to get some additional height room.

I also grow a few outdoors dureing the summer months as my closet is way to hot then and I don't have a way to get an A/C unit in there to keep it cool.

Thanks for looking and stop on back!

Keep safe and stay green :)

SoEx

Lovely grow.

Does everyone use alfalfa on their plants, or is this your own personal take?

Thanks for sharing!

D

Don Cotyle

SoEx, I don't belive everyone uses the Alfalfa Tea, there are probably as many grow techniques as there are growers...as you learn and try new things many tend to go with what personaly works best for them. I learned about useing the Alfalfa Tea from a friend over at CannabisWorld ( long closed site ), it gets the plants beefed up quicker, thicker stems, faster growth in the veg stage which gets them to the height and sturdyness I like to get tem ready for the flowering stage. If you'd like to try it just foliar feed to half your plants and check out the difference between the 2 groups, then if you like it you can use it with your future grows. It's an inexpensive boost you can give to your plants!

Just one work of warning!!!!! Mix up enough for a single dose at a time, you don't want to try to save the tea...it will stink to high heaven :cuss: if you try to store it for more than a couple days :p Any left over single mix doses should be poured down the drain after use. It's easy enough to make a dose, add Alfalfa and water, let sit overnight, use and disguard leftovers :)

Last edited:

Klaczek

please help

please help

yo dude!

Dear Don Koyote i have little problem...
(oh end all reder's this post forgive me my suck engilsh)
i have bubbler system like you but for 66 galons

i have all what i need:

nutes(ghe flora bloom,gro,micro),ph meter,hps 400 w,1m x 1m growbox and femini seed's
but i dont know what i must start my seeds?What are you started?please show me!

Klaczek

ps:this is my system

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I like to start seeds in whatever they will be grown in. 1 inch Rockwool cubes in a warm, humid propagation tray. Once sprouted, they are placed in net pots with Hydroton rocks.

Many people like to pre-soak in water for a day or two before planting. Some place seeds in between damp (not wet) paper towels, place them in a baggie and leave in a dark warm place. Check after 24 hours and every 12 hours thereafter. When you see the seed has cracked open and started to root, place it in your preferred growing medium.

Hope that helped.

Klaczek

FreezerBoy said:
I like to start seeds in whatever they will be grown in. 1 inch Rockwool cubes in a warm, humid propagation tray. Once sprouted, they are placed in net pots with Hydroton rocks.

Many people like to pre-soak in water for a day or two before planting. Some place seeds in between damp (not wet) paper towels, place them in a baggie and leave in a dark warm place. Check after 24 hours and every 12 hours thereafter. When you see the seed has cracked open and started to root, place it in your preferred growing medium.

Hope that helped.

hey!

i know techic whit paper towels...but when seed started to root what i must make?put in small rockwool cubes?and put on compakts(economical lamp)
for 3-4 days?

FreezerBoy

Veteran
You don't have to use Rockwool. You can use peat pellets, soil, coco, etc. But you have to be fairly quick. They only have about one day's energy built in. Once opened, if they don't find anchorage, light, food and water in 24 hours, they die.

Be VERY careful handling the cracked seeds. The tap root is fragile. If you are using rockwool, stick a dinner knife into it 1/2 inch deep, and slightly move it side to side. Place your seed, root down, into the gash. Use a smaller tool (toothpick, tweezers) to close the gash around the seed. Leave the seed about 1/4 inch below the surface.

Once it sprouts, you can place it in the bubbler using collars or net pots. If you had sleeves around the cube, remove them at this point.

Not sure what a compakts is but, mine are under a 250 watt CMH from the beginning.

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Looks very good.

Once roots hang outside the net pot, lower the water level so the bottom of the pot is above the water. Just the roots stay submerged.

More airstones couldn't hurt.

D

Don Cotyle

Klaczek, FreezerBoy is right on the money! Once you transplant your sprouted seed into your medium let them grow a little before putting them into your system, say 2-3 sets of side leaves...water just plain RO water to keep them from drying. You can out them on a dish, set ontop your system with your 600wHPS lamp about 18", 30-40cm above them. This light will be fine through your entire grow, but not to lose or they will burn the plant from the heat!

BubbaKushLover, 6-10 oz from the OD and another 6-10oz from the Thai Haze x Skunk#1. I should get 2 harvests one from each strain approx 60+ days apart.

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey don, ur girls r looking sweet
im pretty sure u will get ur weight u expect
they are gonna start getting very fat and sparkly now

got a bad cold so cant really tell u how she tastes , but its stoney stuff
orange diesel sample

:joint:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Hey Don, apologies for hijacking your thread but Klaczek had questions and I was awake ...

What can you tell me about the drinking habits and root growth of the Thai Haze. I just started some but, in a system I'd intended for a 60 day flower, not the 130 days of TH. Is a three gallon bucket enough for a single TH?

D

Don Cotyle

Thanks M@rg, sorry to hear about the cold, hope ya feel better soon!!! Thatnug sure looks tasty!!! They are starting to get some suger on em now! They are still skinny girls at 30 days+ they should turn into veluptuous ladys by the time I get done with them :muahaha: I'm useing Fat Flower by Northern Lights Co. 1 teaspoon per 10 gals at begineing of flower and 2 teaspoon per 10 for the last 3 weeks, that usually gives em the boost they need. When your cold is over can you please post a taste report??? Thanks for looking!

Freezerboy no harm done! Thanks for poping in an helping out a fellow ICer! The Thai Haze grows like wildfire and is a fairly heavy feeder. 3gal bucket should do you fine. You may want to grow out a few more because I found 2 phenotypes 1 grows very tall and bushy(I topped at 8" and went into flowering) the other is shorter and slower growing. They tall ones are almost 5'(and they were topped numerous times) while the shorter is just hitting 3'+. The short one started to show hairs 3 weeks after hitting flower while the tall just started to show at 4+ weeks. If you have height limitations and or want shorter flowering times I'd top at 4" and when your side branches were even with the top top them also, for yeild I'd top every additional node or 2 and then flower. I just had to take the right side of my hood off to get the light to the tops and they are just starting to show bushing of the bud sights. The flowering times say 12 weeks or 84 days but I saw a test grow thread where they went 120+ so time will tell!

Sorry if I rambled but I tryed to give you all the info I have on em, I'll try to find the thread and link it here for you!

Stay safe and keep green :joint:

Found it!!!!! http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=17995

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Thanks for the info. 84 days would be great but, I'll count on the 120-130 and maybe get pleasantly surprised. Wish I had more to pop but the Silver Haze I bought all bombed and the five freebies gave me two sprouts.

I think I'll try Dr Chronic next. I'm not ready to say Sensi Seeds are bad seeds but, until I figure out my new found ineptitude with germing, they're too pricey for me.

Klaczek

Hey Don!

i have question:

how often you changeing wather?how mutch liters you have "bucket"
and what you changeing whater?
i will be have 250liters for 15 flowers:) its good?

D

Don Cotyle

Hi Klaczek, sorry for not getting right back to you!

I have a 30 gallon rez tank or approximatly 120 liter in a tub setup. I use the lucas formula which is an addback system. I use General Hydroponics nutrients...Micro and Bloom, there is enough Nitrogen in the Micro for the plants. You never have to change out your water for the entire grow.

Grow-Micro-Bloom
0-5-10 ml per gal or 4 liters for young plants

0-8-16 ml per gal when you go into flowering

you can also start at 0-2-4 for younger plants, when the Cotyledons( the 2 seed halfs start to yellow)...then when you have 4 nodes on your plants add enough to your total rez to bring it up to 0-5-10.
Whenever you add water you will always add 0-2-4, or 0-5-10 or 0-8-16 ml per gal of water that you add back.

You will want to do a search for the Lucas formula as it may be a little hard to explain and understand. once you get it it is just about the easiest formula to grow!

15 plants will be fine you should get 1-2 oz per plant or 15 to 30 oz total yield.

Sorry I didn't have much time to explain, have to run out! If you don't find it or can't understand it I'll go into more detail for you!!! Peace