What's new

OG and Chem Clone Shootout

T

THCV

yukino, your og looks good. nothing like my sac2, but i generally have very tight spacing; perhaps you will like sac2? I forgot to snap a pic of it, but it still looks small, super tight, and has almost zero smell, even though it has trichs. I will not be running it again, SAC2 has LOST this shootout.

almost over it, yep, gotta have some secrets!

doggod, those look like monsters! are you flowering in those pots or putting them in the ground? in the ground they would become trees...awesome.

40oz, thanks for the info. I have 707 but she's still a baby. Gave my friend a cut and i have seen it grow well at his place, so i'm not surprised by your assessment. Have you smoked the final products?

onepunchko, nice pics. I gotta say, none of my ogs look anything like bubba or MK. Bubba and MK look almost the same. I'm not sure i believe bubba has any OG at all in it, since it couldn't grow more different or look or smoke more different. The HA so far grows just like ghost/larry/poison.

DOnChron, lollipop technique, never heard it called that but i like it! "L-L-L-L-L-L-Like a lollipop..." Where's wheezy when you need him?

A

Aerokush101

I hope you guys don't mind me sticking around here for a minute, this is very educational.:lurk:

40oz

Aerokush its great to have you here

THCV- I am day 12 with my flowers they look great except for the fact I am working without a ph meter my Hanna cant seem to last longer than a day but other than all is smooth ph is okay and still the 707 cut is in the lead and they all are putting on some girth now they are all nearly double there original height but look very well established and not stretchy at all following closely behind is the apothecary og cut though which looks extremely healthy and has a great growth rate. Oggrape has no stretch and are no only tiny little plants but is producing buds on day 12 and crystals too I think this is going to be a very frosty strain. I am still not sure of the Kaia kush they are growing uniformly but arent branching like I thought they would I still think I may see these plants bush over the next couple of days or atleast give me more than one big top.

T

THCV

ok, I cut the ogs and chemdog, and now they are trimmed and in jars. Unfortunately, image upload seems broken for now so i can't show the pics yet.

Here's what i have found so far.

-SAC sucked and smells like hay. I rolled some up and smoked it and didn't want to finish the joint. I think it simply cannot handle high heat, and my rooms are hot cuz of co2 and not enough AC. I think "unstable" is the right term, because presumably it works for some people. Not for me.

-Ghost kicked mucho ass. The giant plants had massive rootballs but didn't quite fill the bottom of the pots, so I suppose there is a little more size that could be possible. Smell is excellent, very lemony and dank. I haven't yet smoked this batch, and i will do a side-by-size smokathon once everything is cure, and once Wick comes over. :rasta:

-Larry grew well, no problems. With enough veg time and training, it will produce exactly like Ghost. I smoked an uncured joint and it was potent as hell. After grinding, it smells more lemony than Ghost, and more flowerly too. Overall, while it is a subtle distinction for sure, i think i prefer its smell. However, the smell of the jar it is curing in (2 days so far) isn't quite as nice as the best Ghost jar, but since Ghost had bigger, more robust representation it probably isn't fair to judge that yet.

-Poison is also essentially the same growth as Ghost/Larry. The smell is nastier if you will, more dank rankness, much less flowery. I don't like it as much now, but the cure will tell in time. Hits hard, as you would expect.

-Chemdog 91 (docta) is probably not the mother of OG (but shit, what do i know?). It smells nothing at all like OG, in fact, it is much less pungent and will clearly benefit from a longer cure. The taste is very chemical with pretty much zero fruit or floral tones. The high is serious, very strong and vibrating. It grew great and yielded well, but it's safe to say i can't imagine it being anyone's first pick if the jars of OG are around.

So, at this point, based on growth and first blush pre-cure smoking, Larry and Ghost are tied for 1st place, Poison is a close #2, with Chemdog 91 in 3rd and SAC2 DOA. Because of the lack of cure, i don't consider my initial smoke tests to be the final word--all of them had more of an up buzz that you normally get with fresh, uncured weed. But they all smoked smooth thanks to flushing. So more to come on that front, and more pix too.

As an aside, I also grew out some UK Cheese and it is safe to say it is the jar i want to stick my nose in first, every time. I think I need to make an OG/Cheese cross...could be fucking awesome. Cheese isn't as strong as OG, but it ain't weak!

40oz, thanks for keeping us updated. Please post some pix when you can.

bigbrokush

Now that is what I'm talking about. You did a great Job, I did hope that they all come out good after a good cure.

T

THCV

thanks bigbro and littlebig. i haven't done the weigh in yet, so i have no numbers. They were very different sizes and started vegging at different times, so it won't really be an accurate comparison. However, I can tell from growth pattern that Larry/Poison/Ghost probably yield the same given the same conditions. CD91 yields more, and SAC2 yields way less.

Piff

Cant wait for more pics bro!

You get such fat nugs off the ghost cut mine are always smaller

you ever take the ghost to 70 days?

40oz

Hey whats up well i dont have pictures today maybe in a couple of days though. Flowering group is looking great now day 20 by growth the Apothecary Og has shown the best growth overall but with one exception there are 2 very large 707 headbands larger than all 4 of the og's and I still expect the 707 to grow the largest buds. Oggrapes producing ridiculious amounts of frost just completely white already but they caught me offguard and didn't strench one little bit and now I have a couple little stumps co2 will still provide some budmass and there bud growth looks just fine. Kaia kush i still lagging a little bit but it smells the most in early flower so I am still anticipation some high quality herb I think they would benefit from a little veg time. Chem 91 looks generally good its catching up but the bud growth is not like 707 which I swear looks like it is growing in front of my eyes.

Thcv its good to hear about that uk cheesexog I have had it at NNCC they sell it as twisted sister. It is some beautiful and extremely potent herb I get tunnel vision from it sometimes some of the best weed in LA that is for sure, I would highly recomend the cross.

surgexvb

Great looking girls! I am growing ghost OG as well for the first time in hydro. So far it seems to be doing well, I get some minor distored/twisted leaves as well as a little deformed growth but overall it looks healthy. You mentioned it is a bitch to grow and you have experience with this strain. Any advice you can give on growing this strain? Thanks in advance!

G

grapepunched

Can you tell me as much about the Larry as you can???
And show me some more pics please?
I have a "Larry OG" vegging and I'm curious about her...
Thanks THCV, SUPER AWESOME SHOOTOUT!

-gp

T

THCV

i still can't upload pix. anybody know why? haven't been able to update this thread in ages.

40oz

I have an update day 46

Apothecary og- Best of the group so far. Good stretch and branching for a short veg. 8-11 inch clones produced multiple topped plants with dense buds now the are from 18-26 inches. This plant has very good bag appeal with a popcorn look and very thick crystal production and a familiar strong og smell. Smells like og should.
Private Reserve Og- I love the look of the bud reminds me of headband. Good crystal production but what looks to be a small yield I may be proven wrong by the fact that they also look so dense. This is my favorite smell it smells like the best race fuel available.
707 Headband- Great big old top cola's compare to the rest of the plants. I cant tell if they are dense though but considering the genetics and my temperatures I dont think I have to worry Looks to be a good harvest of some very smoothly flavored og.
Tangerine Kush- I cant seem to get a good whiff of this plant it just doesnt reak like everything else in the garden but the yield looks great and crystal production isn't bad either not lacking atleast. I still think I will be impressed by this plant.
Kaia Kush- With nearly no veg time this plant sucks it just didn't want to grow their is just a possibility it is the strain. It seems the apothecary og used in the cross grows just fine so I really dont know what the problem is. I guess they have good thick stems and stinky buds but low yield something I really wasn't expecting considering the ssh. Could benefit from a topping and longer veg hopefully it is elite quality bud.
91 Chem- Its keeping up with everything has nice even growth and nice and simple chem smell but the apothecary og is a much better strain.

My next run is Apothecary Og and Schrom- I have 16 of each in a cloner I am trying to figure out how many to put to a light I was thinking 8 Apothecary under each 1k with 1 week of veg and 4 schroms under each light in a similar fashion is that enough for the schrom I have heard they get large but how true is that.

shrom doesnt get any bigger thhan the og, does well pinched,trimmed youll get some colas good ass smoke. bummer to here about the kaia gonna run her anyway and see what happens Ill see if i can find those shrom pics.

T

THCV

It is with a heavy heart that i must tell you all that I had to shut everything down. Had to kill'em all, saved a few key genetics, but most had to go. I am safe and no po-po was involved, but we got the call and had to shut down the op fast. I am sure i will be back with more in a few months, but for now, it's on hold. 3 years in one location is pretty awesome, though. Such is the life of a grower of the worlds most wonderful and benign plant. You all know how it is. Stay safe all.