What's new

Odor Remover for Grow Room

GrizzleB

^so crazy, this is the first thread were ive though, "I need to save this, How do I do that?" scrolled down and here it is, Thanks for the tip!

I did one for my grow room and must say that is is not an odor remover just and odor masker. My problem is that the one I built had to go in the same house i was living in... I actually dislike the smell a great deal. Anytime someone comes into your house and says it smells good in here usually means it you have too strong a smell. May be a good solution for a college aged grower.

Good or bad; preference really.

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
If you're using ONA, it is an odor remover. ONA stands for Odor Neutralizing Agent, and that's how it works. It's not the only product that uses essential oils to neutralize odors. I think I'm going to build a PC fan into the top of the bucket, I think that might be a little better for my situation.

bounty29 said:
If you're using ONA, it is an odor remover. ONA stands for Odor Neutralizing Agent, and that's how it works. It's not the only product that uses essential oils to neutralize odors. I think I'm going to build a PC fan into the top of the bucket, I think that might be a little better for my situation.

Right i know it is supposed to neutralize it but the smell is so strong(the oils) that you are replacing the weed smell with something else when its all said and done...and nutrilze the original smell...

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Just gotta find the right ratio to mix. I used 1lb of crystals, 1 gallon of water, and 1/4 cup of ONA Gel. All my local store had was the fresh linen gel, there is a neutral one though, maybe that one has more of a smell problem. I think I'll try out 1.5 gallons with 1/4 cup, and as I said before I want to hook a pc fan into it because the fan right now is too big.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran

Works perfectly.

1 gallon of water, 1/4 cup of ONA, mix it up with a wooden stirring stick, and it's good to go. I mixed up this last batch about a week ago and it has barely been depleted. When I had the full size fan it dried it out very fast and made the odor quite strong, but this works much better. It completely covers any smells my carbon filter misses, and isn't so strong that it's obnoxious. I think I might make another for my living room!
:headbange

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
bump i made one today used lowes odor nutralizer and soil moist mixed, dosn't really do much if anything as far as a noticable smell maybe i did it wrong or the lowes odor jell is not any good. Its called natural magic odor absorbing gel anyone know if this stuff is any good?

paulobaca

NorCalFor20 said:
bump i made one today used lowes odor nutralizer and soil moist mixed, dosn't really do much if anything as far as a noticable smell maybe i did it wrong or the lowes odor jell is not any good. Its called natural magic odor absorbing gel anyone know if this stuff is any good?

I think you may want to try again using ONA. Its a pretty unique product so I doubt that LOWES stuff is the same. For my Ona Fan I have to pour in about 12 ounces of water a day. About every 5-7 days I add about 3-4 ounces of ONA.

My garden pretty small, only 800 watts for flower and I pull my ducting through carbon sheets from Ebay, with some ONA blockers, ONA fan, and vaportek discs all strategically placed around grow areas and windows. These seem to get the job done without a carbon scrubber.

Of course it is wise to adjust, go heavier with the ONA close to harvest and you can get away with a more diluted mixture in early flower.

Carbon filters w/ negative pressure are the way to go if you want to really kill the smell... everything else is masking it. You don't want pressure built up in the room pushing odor out with it. You want to keep the room at balanced or negative pressure.

One way to do this is by installing a fan on the room and letting it blow back int the room through a wye, and when pressure builts it sends it out of the room, then when it does not it sends it recirculating back into the room... add the carbon filter/fan combo to one leg of the wye and put the larger diameter exhuastin the room connected to a start collar.

DHarvester

I'm not a big fan of ordering things online, and I can't seem to find any ONA anywhere, but, I can get bulk fabreeze from Costco. Seems to do the same thing (neutralizing odors) think that would work in place of the ONA?

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
i think someone told me to try babies r us i haven't checked yet though....

i tried it with crappy shit from lowes didn't work apparently you have to have the actul ona gel brand type...

anyway ill let you guys know if its at babies are us or not.

HA HA HA heres mine... I juse used my 40w solder to make the circle & holes around the side it litterally took less than 10 mins to make(rushed). The longest part was unscrewing the plug of the fan to put fru one of the holes of the bucket... My girlfriend even thought I brought it until I showed it to her proper and she saw my sloppyness :joint:

2cnch0p.jpg

Its not needed in the grow yet...... tested it in teh house smoking 20 mins b4 girl's family was due to arrive and when they did they were none the wiser......... These would be good for bigger grow ops also. One could have a few around teh house and make a stronger Ona solution... I dont know why these are not standered issue

THNX :joint:

Last edited:
Could you move the holes (a lot more holes) to the bottom, add a 2-3" layer of loose carbon (so the air is pulled through the carbon), put a screen or something over the carbon and pour a premixed batch of the ONA/water/crystals on top and have the best of both worlds? If the mix is really soggy this probably wouldn't work.

Just thinking out loud ...

DM

Danger Mouse said:
Could you move the holes (a lot more holes) to the bottom, add a 2-3" layer of loose carbon (so the air is pulled through the carbon), put a screen or something over the carbon and pour a premixed batch of the ONA/water/crystals on top and have the best of both worlds? If the mix is really soggy this probably wouldn't work.

Just thinking out loud ...

DM

Proberly but serious this Ona/water/soilmoist is all wot is needed in my opinion but I can visulise and see wer ur going....... I even put it near to the place were the babies sh1tty nappies were and while it was on and for 30 mins after there was no smell it is very powerful. Im much more confident my grow is housed in the garden and I dont think I will even need to make my "SMA Gold" carbon filter now I got this..... My girl asked me to make a mini one for the house