What's new

My Cabinet (w/DIY's and lots of love)

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hell yea bro,i think you can get you a elbow outta there pretty easy once you get the right strain in there ...you know how that goes yo.
and i can tell you put alotta time and thought into the cab man9ng it shows when ya read the thread,almosrt everypage is a upgrade and nice detail too.
peace bro.

Hoosier,

If I understand your cab correctly, you have it completely sealed, no fresh air coming in at all. Are you planning on supplementing with CO2? Do you worry about CO2 depletion in the current design? Or do you just spy on the girls often in order to do air exchange?

If you found a way to rig one of those propane water heaters for CO2 supplementation, I think you would have the perfect cab.

(Also - very minor issue, 3 square feet is about a third of a square meter, not a square meter.)

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The cab is not sealed. It has ports feeding air into the veg chamber from the top.
It used to continue on into the flower chamber, but there is an AC unit now where the passage into the flower chamber was.
The light in the flower chamber has it's own port ducted from the floor to the top of the cab and out. The flower chamber has separate air intakes now, about 1-2 ft from the floor in the back.

You can see the ports that lead from the veg to the AC chamber (there are as many holes just in front of the pipe 90's). Before the AC, the air continued from there into the veg chamber. You can see at the top there is a covering made of insulation board, there are intake holes behind that light trap.
42896cab01.JPG

Here you can see the flower chamber intake ports in the back.
And like I stated, the light is separate cooled and not involved with the scrubbing.
42896Photo_092308_004.JPG

The air from the veg chamber and AC unit vents to a separate Stanley blower in the attic. The air from the flower chamber is vented to the exhaust chamber in the top of the cab, through a carbon scrubber, and then out a 6" duct to another Stanley blower also in the attic.
There is a cardboard box on top of my cab that extends to the ceiling, which hides the two 6"ducts going into the attic.
The light is actually a third 6" duct, but it vents right out of the back of the cab.

drow

I love your DIY cooltube. Im working on a stadium setup, but not sure if I should build a couple of them and run a carbon filter on each one... Would be a headache + airflow would be really limited... Anyway to solve this problem?

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where my bottom light is, imagine a can filter instead. Drawing from the cool side of room, but it will draw in the room air. Right below the vert light is wasted area anyway.

OR...just blow a fan up towards the bulb and hang the filter up high above that.

THoC

Hoosier,
I have to tell you everytime I look at your sweet setup I always say "Damn good job"!!
Hope all is well with you bro.
peace

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Hoos
Howzit..?? Man great thread im chill here for abit see what all you come up with.. very creative brother... Also can you talk more about the groove tube is it.. It looks cool i'd like to see some more pics of it how it works, is it like geico simple.. lol.. Just the basic of it please.. great thread again thanx for sharing.. peace..

sack

da_natural

A little late to the party but can you explain your light trap from the first page?

Are they connected to the "light blocker/reflector"?

What is the purpose of the "light blocker/reflector" (is it as my made up name implies)?

Thanks and sorry for "attacking" you with a million questions

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you referring to this shot?
42896cab01.JPG

If so, with the piece I have in front of the 90's it blocks the light a good deal from the holes leading to the bottom chamber. The air originally would flow through the 90's and the holes in front of the 90's (that you can't really see in the pic) into the bottom chamber and through the divider wall into the flower chamber. Once I added the AC unit to the lower chamber, the air flows in from the top of the veg, through the veg and into the bottom chamber, where all that air is sucked into the AC unit and ducted out into the attic.

The idea was to block the light a good deal so that the opening from the bottom to the flower would not have to have a series of 90's or some other block, but just a simple piece of filter material covering the entrance.
It worked well, and allowed the flower chamber to be virtually pitch. I had one grow with it like that and no hermies, so the light thing worked.

blwd67

sweet ass cab dude. The updates are a huge help, really gives light to your thought process. I am thinking cool tube and scrubber in the same package, I think it was mentioned earlier. If I were to do this should I maybe have an active intake near the top to draw cooler ambient air into the grow area? My worry would be that with exhaust near the bottom of the chamber hot air might collect near the top? Anyway, very very nice setup

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always try to have your intakes down low where the coolest air is, and have the exhaust at the top of the grow where the hot air goes.

Latest posts

Latest posts