What's new

My birthday gift to you.....

mars2112

always hopeful yet discontent
Veteran
judas cohen said:
MODS: WILL YOU PLS STICKY THIS!!!!........PLEASE!.....PRETTY PLEASE!!! :D

i can't sticky threads, only admins can. i'll send in a request..

J

Jack Crevalle

Sticky for sure.
Happy Birthday and good on you for the links, you helped many people I'm sure...Granny for "Canna Info Guru"

Happy Birfday!

J

Jack Crevalle

Yes, Neptune, as in "Mods, a good idea would be to make this thread a sticky in the forum, so people will have easy access to it every time they click on the forum."

Do you know what a sticky is?

Storm Crow

Veteran
Jack, I had to explain the "sticky" concept to my hubby. LOL If you are a "noobie" to board use, it's possible you might not know what one is. No big deal, we were all "total noobies" at one time! Everyone learns!- Granny

J

Jack Crevalle

For sure, I was trying to explain to him. Great thread and happy birthday!

Storm Crow

Veteran
(((bumpity-bump)))) (I know, I'm shameless! But it's good info!)

Hope you all have sent this, or at least a page or two and the URL, to your doctors!

Granny

G.A.

Green Ambassador
Veteran
Dear Granny,

Thanks for sharing the beauty of life with us...
Wish you many, many more healthy years WITH Cannabis.
Take care and stay safe..

Love, G.A.

GA.inBavarianclothing.jpg

trouble

Veteran
Happy Birthday ! I have been somking cannabis now for over 35 years for one reason only and that is to get high. However, I think it's great that there are so many other reasons for people to enjoy it. As much as I smoke I should be in real good shape if I'm ever inflicted with any of these dreadful conditions. Now, after reading this thread I cant help but to wonder if I may indeed suffer from any of these things and have just been to stoned all of these years to realize it ?

peace

Last edited:
G

trouble, you know you suffer from brain mush! You been told that enough times in some of threads on here to know it's gotta be true! LOL
Granny, I printed out some of the material from the links on here and gave them to my dad's doctor. His reply was...hmmm...interesting. He was going to do some more reading and looking into things and get back to us at his next appointment. Thank you for the links. You are an angel!

Storm Crow

Veteran
That's wonderful, Old Fool! I hope you got him "hooked"! If the doc wants to see the whole thing, (I think it's almost 50 pages if you print out the post) and you don't want to expose his "fragile mind" to the wonders of IC just yet, I have it on a more conservative medical site, TreatingYourself.com. It might go over better with him that way! He also might read some of the stories there and REALLY get an education in MMJ! Tell him Granny dares him to pass it around to his colleagues!

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23136

And the only halo I got, is when I blow smoke rings! - Granny

rsteeb

Storm Crow said:
July 30, 2007

Well kids, It’s Granny Storm Crow’s 60th birthday! That’s a pretty big milestone. I’ve out-lived my beautiful, crazy mother (59 years 11 months) and I’ve been married and toking for 40 years. So, since 60 rolls around only once, I decided to give you a gift! I though I’d share my notebook with you. It is a compilation of medical studies, news articles and information on cannabis.

In addition to the obvious use of people who are ill getting information on what might heal them, I hope that many of you will take up a challenge from me. I want this spread around- to your doctor, your politicians, ministers, and anyone who could use the info.

Information does no good if it is hoarded. If you know someone who is ill, copy and paste the part they need, or print up the article, and mail it to them (anonymously, might be a good idea in a lot of cases). Also, send a page or three of a print out of the titles and URLs and a typed message (again anonymously) leading to this post to your doctor . Something simple, like “Want to know more? Visit here!”and give the URL.

I’m hoping that in return for the hours I spent collecting this, you will give me a present in return- mailing this out and telling others. By spreading knowledge to help others, you give them power over their own lives! Knowledge is power! And the truth will set us free (to smoke our pot in peace!) - Granny
:joint:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Storm Crow again.

G

I always knew MJ was good for a stubbed toe.Now medical science agrees with me!

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, great thread. Can't believe I haven't seen this before. I've got access to all journal sites like PubMed through my University so I'm gonna get reading :D

"In summary, since adult hippocampal neurogenesis is suppressed following chronic administration of opiates, alcohol, nicotine, and cocaine, the present study suggests that cannabinoids are the only illicit drug that can promote adult hippocampal neurogenesis following chronic administration. Increased hippocampal neurogenesis appears to underlie the mechanism of anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects produced by a high dose of chronic [cannabis] treatment. The opposing effects of high doses of acute and chronic cannabinoids, together with the anxiolytic-like effects caused by a low dose of cannabinoids, may finally explain discrepancies in the clinical study literature regarding the effects of cannabinoid on anxiety and depression. "

Really interesting stuff. :)

Last edited:

Storm Crow

Veteran
Hey Sammet!

Hey Sammet!

I'm still collecting studies, but a bit slower. Was all involved in creating a birthday present for my brother- a family history dating back to 1616. I filled a 3 inch thick note book. Anyway, I thought you might get the implications for this one. It's pretty earth-shaking! Some ought to tell the sheep industry! Not to mention any doctors treating any poor souls with Mad Cow Disease!

http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content/abstract/27/36/9537

Nonpsychoactive Cannabidiol Prevents Prion Accumulation and Protects Neurons against Prion Toxicity

Sevda Dirikoc,1 Suzette A. Priola,2 Mathieu Marella,3 Nicole Zsürger,1 and Joëlle Chabry1

1Institut de Pharmacologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6097, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 06560 Valbonne, France, 2Laboratory of Persistent Viral Diseases, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Rocky Mountain Laboratories, Hamilton, Montana 59840, and 3Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037

Correspondence should be addressed to Dr. Joëlle Chabry, Institut de Pharmacologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6097, Université de Nice-Sophia Antipolis, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 660, route des lucioles, 06560 Valbonne, France. Email: chabry@ipmc.cnrs.fr

Prion diseases are transmissible neurodegenerative disorders characterized by the accumulation in the CNS of the protease-resistant prion protein (PrPres), a structurally misfolded isoform of its physiological counterpart PrPsen. Both neuropathogenesis and prion infectivity are related to PrPres formation. Here, we report that the nonpsychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol (CBD) inhibited PrPres accumulation in both mouse and sheep scrapie-infected cells, whereas other structurally related cannabinoid analogs were either weak inhibitors or noninhibitory. Moreover, after intraperitoneal infection with murine scrapie, peripheral injection of CBD limited cerebral accumulation of PrPres and significantly increased the survival time of infected mice. Mechanistically, CBD did not appear to inhibit PrPres accumulation via direct interactions with PrP, destabilization of PrPres aggregates, or alteration of the expression level or subcellular localization of PrPsen. However, CBD did inhibit the neurotoxic effects of PrPres and affected PrPres-induced microglial cell migration in a concentration-dependent manner. Our results suggest that CBD may protect neurons against the multiple molecular and cellular factors involved in the different steps of the neurodegenerative process, which takes place during prion infection. When combined with its ability to target the brain and its lack of toxic side effects, CBD may represent a promising new anti-prion drug.

:nono: For those of you who didn't quite follow that - scrapie is like mad cow disease for sheep. Mice have a similar disease. CBD kept some deliberately infected mice alive longer and the disease was slowed. The damage seems to be less. They aren't quite sure what is going on and they really want to look into it more, since mad cow disease is pretty dang serious stuff! And they like the lack of side effects and that it gets into the brain without any trouble (blood-brain barrier). This might lead to a cure for Mad Cow.

If I had the land, I'd be busy breeding a high CBD strain and a high THC/CBD strain. We have an aging population, and there are going to be a lot of "old age" aches and pains going around- not to mention all the other things cannabis is good for! And I'm so glad you enjoyed my post. Leave some copies around in the student lounge, will ya? You might want to get it off of this other site- it's a rather straightforward little medical site. Not every one is ready for IC! :redface:

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23136

Granny :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts