What's new

Making Honey Oil Like A Pro, by Master Thai

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Chiefsmokingbud,
I am saying the higher the ability to extract THC from resin or herb, the harder it is to remove the last traces of solvent from the oil.
If you use super critical CO2 as a solvent it is not a factor as just having the materials at room temperature will eliminate the CO2. Any other solvent has to be removed in a lab under vacuum to remove all the solvent.
Hashmasta-Kut,
The real question is if I had the same clone, grew a few k's, and made it into dry sift and then we compared your red congo oil, to my dry sift red congo resin, which would you prefer? For taste I think it would be the dry sift, but I only get 10-20 grams from a Kg with dry sift, with oil you get 100-200 grams. So I understand why oil is made, it is about not wasting potential product.
Also here in the Netherlands oil is not the same as weed or hash in the eyes of the law, making or having oil is a serious crime here. Even if the oil is just 40% THC and good water hash can easily be over 50% THC.

-SamS

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
yes i agree, its much easier to get the pure extract from the plant in totality in oil form, and you are probably right that your dry sift is tastier. too bad none of us know the method to make it(except for you-method hoarder), or some would probably switch back to hash, if we knew we could fully vaporize it. i cant smoke hash all the time, its too hard on my respiratory, but because i can vaporize thc concentrates all day with much less irritation, i choose to do so, otherwise i would have to limit my thc intake. your purest dry sift melts thru screens, sounds perfect to vaporize on hot titanium.

Last edited:
G

I've never let my stuff being tested, but I know one thing for sure, I've smoked some great hash, dry sift, jellyhash,... ( I've smoked shit also )

Sam_Skunkman said:
I have tested it at over 70% THC, and you can smoke it in an oil pipe, with no problems, but I prefer smoking with my bong on a screen so I use 50-60% THC resin.

But since brotha SamS is telling us about his HQ dry sift, I'm getting more curious by the day about it and I believe lots of other peeps are with me.
So to keep the suspense reasonable and not creating an other hype, I offer myself to check out bro SamS dry sift in a mature joint. (Somewhere I’m able to neglect my knowledge of the experiences of OP on the matter :D )
I’ll reach A’dam on the 18th, so there’s a lot of time to PM me for further directions. :D

PEACE & :respect:

_ ° 0 _

. :bandit:

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
IR, MRI, MS, NMR, are all used for aspects of spectroscopy, but if I needed it I farmed it out, I mostly used GC and HPLC without MS.

-SamS

Misturemike

i had samples of hash oil test by by GC with much higher thc% than what your results are...i was showing an average of 75-85% this is why i wish more people would take testing into there own hands, then we can get a solid field of data to make decent conclusions. as well only in 1 of 6 samples showed up with any butane at <3%.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Misturemike,
Cannabinoid analysis is not as easy and straight forward as you may think. While oil analysis of 75-85% is not unheard of it is very difficult for a lab that does not do Cannabinoid analysis on a regular basis to get it right. First of all they need standards to calibrate the GC. And where do they buy the standards? Sigma-Aldrich is the most commonly used, but when I got THC from them they claimed it was 98% pure, I tested it and in fact it was 86% pure, so anyone that used the standard will have wrong results. The same with the standards from the NIDA or the UN, I analyzed both and they were both less then claimed purity. I made my own standards in the end and had them confirmed by the two top labs working with Cannabinoids in the world. At least my results were dependable.
As for the butane, the levels I found were much less, all less then 1%, but I do not want any butane in anything I smoke. 3% is a hell of a lot of butane! I suspect that any oil made with solvents will have trace amounts of solvent unless the oil was professionally cleaned up in a real lab.
The THC % I was refering to were for dry sifted resin, the 40% oil I refered to was just as an example to show how crazy the Dutch law is that 40% THC oil is a serious crime while 70% THC hash is ok.

-SamS

Misturemike

sam,
my sample were all tested at genentech labs in vacaville california. The person who tested for me has a PHD in spectroscopy from berkely. I'm curious what the top to labs are for cannabis testing? as well i am intesrested in your standards too. and do you own a GC? and the butane levels only the one sample had butane and yes 3% is extremely high i would agree. but no other samples showed any trace amounts. i guess this will always be a debate until there are real studies on the matter. as much as me and my friends can compile, along with the cannabis community still is not enough to convince me one way or the other about any of this shit! but til then i still love my oil! nothing gets me lifted quite like it. you should come to cali with your standards so we can have some samples tested again! well, we can awalys dream right.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I do not know genentech but they do not sound like they have done hundreds or even thousands of analysis for Cannabinoids, I have done over 100,000. Yes I own a state of the art GC an HP 6890 with 2 injection ports and an auto sample tray with about 100 samples. You need the 2 injection ports to seperate THC from the other Cannabinoids as well as seperating CBC from CBD. One column will not do both. And yes I own 2 HPLC's one is analytical one is a small production unit.
Don't count on me bringing standards to the USA, it is illegal and I will not even think of it. All Cannabinoids are illegal in the USA even the ones that do not get you high. Here in Holland only THC is controlled, but it is easy to get a license if you are doing legit work. The other Cannabinoids standards besides THC can also be ordered for about $2,000+ a gram each here in Europe.
The sample that was 3% butane could you taste the butane?
The way you make your own samples is to have a production HPLC and have the results confirmed by GCMS. Of course you will need a herbal source of the Cannabinoids to extract them from and that is not so easy, as most pot grown in the USA has little to none of the other Cannabinoids like CBD, CBC, CBG, THCV, CBDV, CBCV, etc. I have standards of them all.

-SamS

Greens

Hashmasta-Kut said:
yes i agree, its much easier to get the pure extract from the plant in totality in oil form, and you are probably right that your dry sift is tastier. too bad none of us know the method to make it(except for you-method hoarder), or some would probably switch back to hash, if we knew we could fully vaporize it. i cant smoke hash all the time, its too hard on my respiratory, but because i can vaporize thc concentrates all day with much less irritation, i choose to do so, otherwise i would have to limit my thc intake. your purest dry sift melts thru screens, sounds perfect to vaporize on hot titanium.

Hey HMK, well, this isn't a real practical method but here's how I get full melt dry-screened kif.

All I do is cut my buds up with scissors over the middle of my kif box every time I go vape some herb that's a melty strain. I do this several times in a day and kif will quicky build up under the screen. Then after a few days when I think I have enough kif I scrape up the kif using a piece of photograph paper. However, the key is to only scrape up the nice white pile in the middle directly under the area where I cut up the buds. Then scrape up the outer edges in a separate pile because it's still nice, but bubbles less or not even at all. The stuff in the middle is the nice melty stuff. Using my outdoor Guerilla Gold buds, I've had kif that would completely liquify through the screen like how Sam Skunk described and that stuff is crazy potent.

Also, yeah, I sure enjoy my butane extracted honey as well. It seems to preserve the smell and taste much more than other solvents like isopropyl alcohol.

Greens

darthvapor

were would I educate myself on making this magical dry shift. And hasmata what would it take for you to do a thread on how you make your oil. you wouldnt want to be a Method horder as well. Ill even help out with the cost of the butane bro! I just want the knowledge. I want to be in the cool kids club too. also all I could find on the red congo is that its an african congolese crossed to a stable mexican/afghani.

P.s the skunk freebies from seedbay is the first outdoor Ive ever grown and that skunk got me to amsterdam a 2nd time. I've been in love with the skunk ever since. I cant wait till reef launches his rebirth of the skunks. I dont think Ive got the skills yet to try the ohaze. maybe next year. Thanks sam for all you contributions. Without your work the cannabis world would be alot different especially in amsterdam. You brought great weed to the masses

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i have made so many butane oil threads its crazy. :D i buy butane by the case(72 cans) and the deal is pretty good :)

Xtbudda

hey HMK, what kind of deal do you get on the case? Is it online?
I need a case, as I can only find one place with colarbri. Now, when I go in if I dont buy a can, he asks me if I would like a can, hahahah
Xtbudda...

TheHashAssassin

^^^^hahahahaha

hw did u become 'master thai' master thai? I have never seen a single grow report from you on a thai strain

Last edited:
cool pic from your 1st post
13659DSC_1046-med.JPG

FUCK LEO :) AND FUCK THE SYSTEM ~
i dont agree with some of your methodology here,
but to each his own i guess eh ;) keep up the fight

G

yes, isomerization is the real deal ...

i make bubble hash, i make bho, i've done solvent extractions ... imho, it is not the same

"real" hash oil was available commercially in the northeast USA in the early 1970's... it was an amber/red color, semi viscous in texture, & very spicy, hashy, extremely flavorful & pungent ... we would drop it by a pin on foil and heat it underneath & inhale the vapors ... the smoke expanded tremendously ... the high was mildly hallucinogenic in nature, including visuals ... nothing like it before & nothing like it since

i want to experience this again ...

will this isomerization tek really work? anyone actually done it?

Latest posts

Latest posts