What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making Honey Oil Like A Pro, by Master Thai

jimbob420

wow...

do you really need to make it any better than already accomplished. Can be done with short amount of time and investment required with such a large return on quality and quantity...I just dont understand the need to "improve"

G

Too bad you can't show us pics Master Thai. Once I got some oil in a club that was amazingly different than anything I tried in terms of taste and high, like lemon drops..I wish I knew the method that guy used. The terprnes were really strong in that batch..

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Master Thai,
You still think that most western grown bud has any CBD content to convert to THC?
If yes where did you get such an idea? Because trying to convert the CBD is a waste of time, when there is little or none. Freedom of choice without knowledge is useless...
And BTW, I have 100% pure THC that is clear as water, no color at all. And it is not as good by weight as my 60% THC dry sift. THC is only part of the picture, maybe the most important part, but pure THC is not the goal, believe me.
-SamS

Last edited:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
i can beleieve that, i mean when buds are harvested way early and the trichs are pretty much all clear the buzz is quite unpleasant- this i would imagine to be similar?? pure thc i mean

ilife

Pure THC

Pure THC

I have also smoked pure THC that looks like Water, made from Water Vapor (Steam) and it was not nearly as good or strong as a pure Ice water extraction.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You do not make pure THC with water vapor as far as I know. Mine was made in a real lab. And it is 99.9% pure THC. But not as good as my 60% dry sift. But to be honest if I put a small drop of the THC on top of some dry sift it does make the combo better then either by them self. Pure THC is boring to me, one dimensional, flat without any individuality. Like comparing a fine chardonnay to the same amount of pure ethyl alcohol. Which would you want?
-SamS

ilife

Water Vapor

Water Vapor

The Pure THC that I smoked was extracted in a lab using water vapor, (Steam). the most cleanest form that I have ever seen extracted. Actually looked like Vodka more than water. Same place where they do the CO2 frozen trichome extractions.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
CO2 is a solvent, water vapor is not a THC solvent as far as I know. Do you know the THC% of your clear THC? Is it in a solvent? My THC is as thick as almost dry epoxy at room temps. Heat it and it runs and turns brown. It is not in any solvent, it is thick as hell, but clear like water.
Did you try the CO2 extracts? Were they tested for THC%? Did they have a high terpenoid content? What did you think of them?
-SamS

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
sweet skunk oil i make isnt clear, but it has a similar viscosity to what you describe, and also has an above average thc percentage i am sure!

Greens

Sam the Skunkman is very correct when he says most strains of cannabis in Western countries (and eastern for that matter) have almost negligible amounts of CBD in the finished bud.

By western, he means in Europe or the Americas. Pretty much any strain from Canada, US, the Netherlands etc will have less than 0.3% CBD and the majority will be 0.1% CBD or less. They have been bred that way because CBD inhibits the high from THC. So, say you extract some bud using butane that is 18% THC and 0.1%CBD and you end up with an oil that is 80% THC and 1%CBD. I don't see much point in making it 81% THC. lol.

Yeah, Sam Skunkman is very experienced and knowledgeable when it comes to cannabis. I think I've only disagreed with him once...lol.

Hey HMK, do you know what the congolese is crossed with in the Red Congo? I got some seeds but nobody can tell me what it's crossed with. lol.

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
hmm damn good question.. i got the cutting so i never thought about that. i would suggest to pm reeferman for that answer.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Master Thai,
As Greens said I refer to Cannabis bred and grown in the West, Europe & North America and Australia.
I am not jealous about this thread, I was trying to avoid useless work by the people that did not know better.
No matter what you say trying to convert CBD to THC is a waste of time if the plants dont have CBD to convert. And most Cannabis in the west has little to no CBD. If you do not know this then find out the truth.
See: http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/potency_maps_rev.html
http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v09n3/09320gie.html

This is a proven method if the plant material has any CBD, most western Cannabis does not, and therefore this method is a waste of time.

You started this thread by saying: "It does not matter how you started making oil,
if you have done this your not done !
If its Butane , Iso , or grain if you have not taken these simple steps than ur not finished yet, one more thing to do now, to get those impurties out ,
those yummy Flavor's locked in and oh that Golden magic color."

I say converting the CBD to THC is a waste of time when there is little to no CBD. But you seem to have your mind made up...

-SamS

TheHashAssassin

Master Thai said:

SamS one more thing u state that pot everywhere is no good but the only place left is Africa , HMMMMMM so thats the only place where there is good pot
I dont think so, but thats just my thought on this subject.
peace,
Master Thai ;-)

maybe he means good as in the sense of untainted genetics, as far as Africa goes. Its to my understanding that Jamaica, Columbia, Mexico, etc have all had indicas introduced to the gene pool at some point in the last 2 decades, while I believe there is still a vast deal of 'pure' genetics (for lack of a better term) in Africa.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Master Thai said:

Stop the Hate and be postive,
why battle and argue about silly things that really dont matter like cbd's ect Master just wants to get high like millions of others out there. so whats the problem now, lets hear it, anymore negative input if not KEWL !!!
Master Thai ;-)

negative input is good if it helps people not to waste time doing things that are a waste of time(and also introduce harmful chems for no reason).

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Master Thai,
You said "It does not matter how you started making oil, if you have done this your not done!"

I only said that in fact it is a waste of time to convert CBD to THC if the herb has little to zero CBD to convert. You will not get any higher and it will not make a better product. It is a waste of time.
Why did you suggest that people needed to Isomerize the CBD if they wanted the best oil? What you said is just plain untrue. And a waste of time.
You ask why post if I do not have something nice to say? I only responded to your post because it was so obviously untrue and a waste of time. Post something good and maybe I will say something nice, but this advice was just plain a waste of time.
As for me saying that only Africa has good pot.

"SamS one more thing u state that pot everywhere is no good but the only place left is Africa , HMMMMMM so thats the only place where there is good pot
I dont think so, but thats just my thought on this subject"

What I said was that you do not find much western pot with CBD, where did I say that African pot was best??? You said that not me.

And BTW, as mriko stated in his post you forgot the ether, to clean up oil to honey you need the PET to do it right. Your method does not remove the water soluables as an ether/water wash does. Using ether is as safe as using most solvents, either you know safety protocol or sooner or later you will have a fire or much worse. If you do not know how to use these materials in a safe manner then do not use them.
Any pro would know that.........Grasshopper.....

-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Master Thai,
When you said this were you just joking or do you really believe that most Cannabis has a significant proportion of CBD? If you do believe that most Cannabis has significant CBD then you are certainly not up to date on Cannabis science and should not be giving advice to anyone else. I bet that almost all of the serious posters on this site know that CBD is not found in large amounts in most western grown Cannabis, why don't you?
Oh, and could you please not PM me with your childish banter, I hate smilies.
-SamS

Master Thai said:
High :wave:

misturemike,
you ask for what ???,
here's a simple answer for anyone to understand :

***Treatment with acid, according to my understanding, does not cause
isomerization of THC, but converts the cannabidiol to delta-9-THC. Since
cannabidiol represents a significant proportion of the cannabinoids in
extracted plant material, making this conversion can make a big
difference in the potency of the product ***

peace,
Master Thai ;-)

Misturemike

sam, i agree with you on the fact herb has little or no cbd,making this extra process in my opinion not all that cool or worthwhile to do, but to everyman his own... anyway this whole idea western bud has less cbd, or cbn than any other part of the world is silly. sativas traditionally have no cbd, wheras indicas usually have the small trace amounts of the cannaboid. in todays age with cannabis stains having made it to ever corner of the world, i think its safe to say you have just about a good a chance as getting cbd out of buds from cali as buds from say japan. i understand that where cannabis grows naturally like jamaica, its grows sativa....no cbd... but the naturally growing herb usually found in afghanistan are indicas which usually do have trace amounts of cbd. but there are exceptions to this rule as well, not all indicas produce cbd, and cbn. and some sativas will. so for all useful purposes this was a rant i suppose, but thats my 2 cents.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Misturemike,
You are wrong about Sativas having no CBD, most industrial hemp are Sativas and they have more CBD then THC. I have CBD clones with 10% CBD dry weight, and they are pure Sativa. The reason the Western bred bud has less CBD is because the western growers and breeders have rejected plants with CBD and do not use them for herbal production or seed breeding. Hashish seeds imported directly from the third world will have CBD because about 25%of the plants are high THC, 25% High CBD, and 50% a mixture of the two. This is because while Sinsi growers worldwide keep the clones or seeds of the plants that smoke the best and use them for clones or seed breeding or growing next years crop. Hashish farmers in the third world do not do this, they do not smoke individual plants so they have no idea if a resinous plant is THC or CBD or both. They save the seeds from the plantsin the field that look the best, and have the most resin, regardless if the resin is THC or CBD. They have done this for hundreds of years and the genepool for hashish Indica plants has considerable CBD in it. But most growers in the west buy their seeds from breeders who have eliminated most or all of the CBD plants by smoking the plants and only saving the high THC ones, discarding the plants with CBD.
Where you grow the bud has nothing to do with the CBD content, what it was used for does.
BTW when was the last time you were in Jamacia? I would say that well over 50% of the genepool there is not Sativa, the growers in Jamacia like the fast short buds that give 4 crops a year. So Sativas are on the decline. It is hard to find pure Sativas in Jamacia anymore.
Also plants do not produce CBN, CBN is a degradation product from the other Cannabinoids, you do not find CBN in young flowering plants, and even in newly harvested you will often find none. Store the buds for a year and there it is.
The bottom line is that THC or CBD has nothing to do with Indica or Sativa, it is just how the growers decide to save their seeds, and what the variety was developed for in the first place.
-SamS

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
just cuz sam said you dont know what you are talking about isnt hostile. especially if it seems to be true... :)

Latest posts

Latest posts