What's new

Diary Killing it with Urban Legends Cookies, Mandarine & Sour Cheese (auto) under MH FC3000

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Right, bro! So happy that they getting better!
noexif_b635ed82.jpg

noexif_2a1c5770.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Today, at 14-15 days since they broke ground:
(just watered them this morning, they were almost dry, while I was expecting them to last at least till tonight. So they continue to drink a lot and grow. They received under half a dose general feed and PK booster.)
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_00f2eced.jpg Views:	1 Size:	484.9 KB ID:	17979115

bibi40

Jungle comin' bro ,

with these powerfull lamp , they grow really bushy , i got 9 too in my space , and i had to cut a lot , lollypopping branches and cut the lowers like i would do with photos plants , at a time , it was the only thing i can do , apart thrashin 4-5 plants and finish with just 4 or 5 in the box , so i choose the cleaning canopy way ,

i guess you will have to do a choice at a pont too ...

:wave:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you for the warning, bro. I hope tieing them down (i start to do it in about 1 week) and the small pots i have them in will calm their stretch a bit. I guess we'll see what happens..

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Today, at 14-15 days since they broke ground:
(just watered them this morning, they were almost dry, while I was expecting them to last at least till tonight. So they continue to drink a lot and grow. They received under half a dose general feed and PK booster.)

Looks like they are full of energetic now. :good:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
For sure they are! And I was energetic today as well. First page of the controller main menu is populated and working:
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_a57d9090.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.5 KB ID:	17980127
Just.. 2 more pages of options and their suboptions and I am ready to replace the old controller with this one..
Here is the environmental data outside the tent, in my garage, where I work on projects:
noexif_8860084b.jpg

The main standby page that displays data (above) has stayed about the same from the start of the project. But MORE> standby/data display pages are coming soon, one will be for the vpd data and will show both the demanded (set in the vpd settings menu) environment and also the current environment, the state of extractor/humidifier controller, and why they are on (if any of the 2 are controlled).
I really enjoyed playing with the controller today, especially since I made some tweaks that optimised input and display response.
Also, today was the first time I connected it to the extractor and humidifier to see it in action controlling them. Till today all I was seeing were things on a screen to confirm it was working, but its so nice to hear the vent start or stop in a few fractions of a second since you confirmed the new setting or see the humidifier already throw mist into the tent within seconds after it was demanded to start by the controller.
So.. it seems the new controller should be ready to be put to real life testing in the tent just in time for flowering. That gives me enaugh time to play with it during the grow so i find and optimise any problems, should they arise.
See you guys soon with more updates!

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Since I am done working on the controller for the day I decided to let it handle the tent tonight. And I was happy to see it was doing a great job after just 10-15 mins of hooking it up:
noexif_5c1ca4a5.jpg

(You can see 5 min average data in the lower data line.) When I hooked it up, just in a few minutes while I changed connections from old controller to the new one, the humidity got to 80%+ and vpd of around 6, which is a bit low. The first 5 minutes were not great environment, but then it got it into check in about 10 mins or less.
And since I made another post, here are the plants at under 2.5 weeks since they broke ground:
noexif_444213bf.jpg

noexif_b7a98746.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello man, thank you for coming by and checking my thread!
1 sq meter tent, 80 x 80 cm tray, 9 x ~6 liter pots. Exactly what you see in the pics.
And speaking about flowering... I already seen a pistil on one of them. And they are just about 2 - 2.5 week old!
And just in case you were wondering how stable the environment is.. you got 6 hours average right there:
noexif_9e3d77a2.jpg
I am quite happy with the first night of testing this controller in the tent!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I made it myself. I don't sell them yet.
By the time I put it in a case and add everything, it will be around 100 usd in parts and a lot of work tinkering with electronics to learn to do this over the years. Also a lot of nights spent thinking on menu design and function implementation.. and a lot of smoked weed to figure it out. Ofc, more sensors or accesories can be added if needed, but I feel this is a pretty good controller design for most needs. I played with professional greenhouse controllers before and I must say this does a lot more than some other models that cost from a lot of hundreds to a couple of thousands of $.
Thank you for checking my thread.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I made it myself. I don't sell them yet.
By the time I put it in a case and add everything, it will be around 100 usd in parts and a lot of work tinkering with electronics to learn to do this over the years. Also a lot of nights spent thinking on menu design and function implementation.. and a lot of smoked weed to figure it out. Ofc, more sensors or accesories can be added if needed, but I feel this is a pretty good controller design for most needs. I played with professional greenhouse controllers before and I must say this does a lot more than some other models that cost from a lot of hundreds to a couple of thousands of $.
Thank you for checking my thread.

It is definitely a cool thing to make your own controller by hand. :good::tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
They needed water again so I added a root stimulant that contains NPK + micro @ half the recomended dose into the water, then sprayed them with the bubblehash discard water from yesterday bubblehashmaking round. Since its made from cannabis plants, I guess its same as using a plant extract. Can't be bad, right? The smell in the air is great, they smell like swazi.. since that what I processed into hash.. :D
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_582767ba.jpg Views:	0 Size:	359.7 KB ID:	17981394
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_09b8e174.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.4 KB ID:	17981395
Things going good so far, some even show tiny pistils. We are around day 17-18 since they broke ground.
Seeing how close they get to the 20C min temp that I would want in there, I'm asking myself if I should add a solenoid and function to control heating? I probably won't use it since I want to be efficient about energy use, but others might want to be able to put a heater or something in there to mantain temp on the low margin as well.
Btw, the cooling happened before of the watering and spraying, it was too humid in there so the vent took care of that but the lung room (my garage) was cooler than inside the tent so the extra ventilation took care of the humidity but it also sent the temp lower. I am pretty sure that once the controller fixes the humidity the tent will be in better conditions (vpd 8-10 mBar and 23C+), I am guessing it will get fixed in under an hour. I did not do many tweaks to the old controller vpd control code when I transferred it to the new controller, but for now it seems that the optimisations I did make it more responsive and easier for it to keep the environment stable. That, and the fact that I can change the settings on the fly from the controller buttons and screen, instead of needing a pc and code work to do that like before should make it even easier to set up better. Cause I must admit I was lazy before and avoided a lot to go on the pc and change settings, then go take the controller and connect it to the pc to update.. Now I see me changing settings from the control panel almost daily (when needed) without hassle.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It is definitely a cool thing to make your own controller by hand. :good::tiphat:

Hahaha... stoners! Right? :joint:
Btw I was so caught up with working on it and puffing the bubble hash I made yesterday that I almost missed your post. You must have posted just about the time I was posting as well. Thank you for coming by! And thank you for the great FC3000 light. I was wondering if the difference between the TS line and FCE/FC is worth it. Especially since the TS1000 and TSW2000 did so good for me before. But seeing how much my plants grow, even after some mild deficiencies they had to grow through.. I must say it's really unexpected. Its like asking how much better can led lighting get... well it seems it got really good already! If I manage to keep the plants feed during this grow I should be in for my best harvest ever.

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hahaha... stoners! Right? :joint:
Btw I was so caught up with working on it and puffing the bubble hash I made yesterday that I almost missed your post. You must have posted just about the time I was posting as well. Thank you for coming by! And thank you for the great FC3000 light. I was wondering if the difference between the TS line and FCE/FC is worth it. Especially since the TS1000 and TSW2000 did so good for me before. But seeing how much my plants grow, even after some mild deficiencies they had to grow through.. I must say it's really unexpected. Its like asking how much better can led lighting get... well it seems it got really good already! If I manage to keep the plants feed during this grow I should be in for my best harvest ever.

Technically speaking, there are two improvements for FC/FCE. One is more efficient diodes, another is better design.
The TS series uses the Epistar diodes, which is a widely used chip about 2 years ago. Compared to samsung or customized bridgelux diode, epistar is less efficient.
FC/FCE use bar design, which can help distribute PPFD more evenly in valid coverage. TS is tranditional design, the central PPFD is high but side and corner PPFD goes down sharply. :biggrin:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Guess what day it is today!?
TRAINING DAY!!
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_5edef56a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	330.3 KB ID:	17982158

Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_bb6bae70.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	17982159
Here is data about half an hour after lights off and after I sprayed them with water.
Light is around 30% for now, will up the power slowly, while also raising the light, I want to be able to judge well if any problems appear from low feed or too intense light, and not have to guess it. Should have enaugh time to reach 100% by the time they are in full flower..
Some of them have preflowers already. Going good!
Thank you all for checking my thread! Please have a sit, puff something, throw your opinion or advice in, or just say "hi!". I don't want this to be a one way thread where I am the only pothead that posts and you all just scroll and like my pics! Let's have some chatter as well.

Later/edit:
Forgot to add we are at day 18-19 since they broke ground.
Also, I set the controller to 6 to 11 mBar VPD instead of the usual 8 to 10. So this is why we see wider swings. I really liked how it gone in 8 to 10 setting, but I need to test conditions as narrow and wide as possible to tweak the controlller for a better and faster response in all cases.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts