What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~(Kief Junkie & Q.K.) 250w Organic Medi-Cab (Royal Hawaiian, W. Rhino, Bubblicious)~

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Pontiac: Honored to have you along for the ride. Thanks for the kind words.

feltonmuggs: Welcome, and thank you! I did get them from my caregiver, who runs a co-op. I'll PM you with more info.

Vertimnus: Glad to hear you're back to follow our new grow. Welcome!

ScrubNinja: Sorry to hear no Bubblicious for you this time around; you'll be happy with the Pure though, again. Wow, 6th most replied to? I was pleasantly surprised to see how well followed it was.

growMEDS: They're doing VERY well. They've really perked up since transplant and are coming into their own. I was worried about their health considering that 4 of them were planted in nothing but perlite, but the roots seem to have dug in and the plants are looking much healthier than they were.

Unfortunately I haven't take pictures yet to do a proper update because we've been really busy with visitors who need to be kept blind to the whole thing, so it's going to be tough to give a proper update, but I hope to get one up this week, so please stay tuned!

K.J

Veteran
I'm going to try and take pictures tonight when I water, so hopefully you guys can all see their progress by the weekend at the latest. Sorry for the long delay, but it's been difficult to do more than tend to them briefly every day. I can tell you thought that they're looking much, much better than the last set of pics. They've gone through a growth spurt and are looking nice and green (except for the old growth).

We plan to switch them to 12/12 in the next week or so, depending on how they progress.

Stay tuned!

K.J

Veteran
Finally, a picture update!

Finally, a picture update!

Well, it's been a long time coming, but I finally have an update for you all...a PICTURE update! Woohoo!

The grow is going really well, as you'll soon see. There isn't a whole lot to say as we're still in veg and things are just humming along. It's obvious to me that we did something a bit more right this time with the soil. I guess the biggest thing is that these clones were fairly well rooted before going into our ferted mix, unlike last time where they hit the ferted mix just after sprouting which caused some burn and other issues. The second factor is the mix measurements; I think we did a better job this time getting the ratios of various elements in our soil correct. These two things combined with warmer temps during the soil cooking process has led to some very happy plants indeed.

All of the plants look great, if a bit wild. The Bubblicious girls were the fastest growers and they look the most uniform. The White Rhino and the Royal Hawaiian girls all look a bit wild, with some crinkle in the leaves, and some of the leaves are shooting off in weird directions. And then there's the various, and seemingly random, number of fingers on each fan leaf...some have only one! Very strange, but I figure it's just the genetics of these plants. All of the plants have nice, dark green growth.

So far the Smart Pots have been nice. I worried about them being too flexible, but they're not so bad if you're careful when you move them. Too much russling around though and I'm sure you could do some serious damage to the root system, so you have to be cautious. Other than that though, they're great and so far I'd recommend them.

We will be switching the girls over to 12/12 tonight, as they look firmly rooted and ready to go. We're excited to see what happens with these ones as growing from clone was quite different than from seed. I think we'll actually have to move the light up soon after flowering commences or we'll end up with plants in the hood!

On to the pics. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Sorry if the updates have been sparse, or not filled with enough info, but they'll get better as things calm down here. Enjoy!

Barbie (Bubblicious), 2 weeks in veg since transplant (6 27 09)

picture.php

Beth (Bubblicious), 2 weeks in veg since transplant (6 27 09)

picture.php

Rhonda (Royal Hawaiian), 2 weeks in veg since transplant (6 27 09)

picture.php

Rosy (Royal Hawaiian), 2 weeks in veg since transplant (6 27 09)

picture.php

Ruby (Royal Hawaiian), 2 weeks in veg since transplant (6 27 09)

picture.php

Wilma (White Rhino), 2 weeks in veg since transplant (6 27 09)

picture.php

luv2garden

BUMP!!

BUMP!!

Looking good buddy! Thanks for stopping by my thread.
I see your using smart pots now, let me know how you like them compared to the air pots. I haven't used my air pots yet.

L2G

MrDIY

Just finished looking over your last grow, great job! Im looking forward to following this one. :lurk:

-MrDIY

K.J

Veteran
luv2garden: So far I like them rather alot. Hard to say which I like better, as they both have their pro's/con's. I think I'd probably rather use 3 gallon AP's, if I could find them...the 5 gallon AP's are just too big for my setup. For our setup, the Smart Pot's seem a good compromise, but if I had a large room to work with I'd definitely go with Air Pots.

MrDIY: Welcome, welcome. I hope we can bring some value to your own grows.

K.J

Veteran
growMEDS: Thanks for the prayers. hehe

One thing I just forgot to mention is that yesterday we switched them over to 12/12...so indeed growMEDS, they will be stretching soon! I'm almost afraid to see how far they stretch as they're already getting huge.

growMEDS

This would be a good time to have the glass I think.
Then you could keep the plants close to the glass. Less than 12"
then move it oftn so they don't stretch as much - just an idea

best of luck to ya! :)

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
I can tell by the looks of everything so far, you have top quality genetics there and your harvest will be better then your first I guarantee!

Good luck!

:D

K.J

Veteran
I can tell by the looks of everything so far, you have top quality genetics there and your harvest will be better then your first I guarantee!

Good luck!

:D

Thanks HerbGlaze! Indeed this grow seems to be going better so far.

K.J

Veteran
Back from a little hiatus

Back from a little hiatus

Well everyone, sorry for the long delay on updates. This time it was due to a little vacation. That's right, the plants spent their first bit of time alone....5 days to be exact. We watered them very thoroughly before leaving, but I expected that even this wouldn't be enough and that we'd come back to some rather wilted plants. But to our surprise, we returned to some very healthy looking plants that had been growing rather vigorously in our absence. It's a jungle in there!!

They've been in flower for about 6 days now and I did see a few pistils on some of the plants, though most of them weren't quite showing their flowers yet. But every one of them grew a ton and they're all nearly the same height now (they started out quite varied in height). I'm soooo thrilled that the cab and our growing methods are up to task and we can leave for a 5 day vacation out of town and not worry about them too much. Woohoo!

I will be posting pictures in the next day or so. You're all going to be very surprised. I'm still in amazement over the very interesting growing pattern these plants are displaying. Very wild looking, all of them. I can't wait to see how these turn out.

immaculate

Glad to have read this and happy your plants made it through your absence happily. We'll be gone for about a week beginning a couple of weeks now. Plants are about 3 weeks into veg and we're hoping we can go vacate without having to worry about the babies. I plan on saturating the soil but I'm trying to think of ways I could rig some sort of auto-watering system or something.

Can't wait to see the pictures!

growMEDS

Can't wait for the pic update :D
I bet it was cool seeing the growth after 5 days. It's different when you see um daily.

K.J

Veteran
immaculate: Thanks for dropping in. We too will have to figure something out besides just soaking the soil on our next trip; I don't think they'll last longer than 5 days.

growMEDS: Yes indeed. Seeing them explode like that is quite thrilling when you're used to watching them grow daily. I'll take pictures tonight and post them tomorrow.

immaculate

immaculate: Thanks for dropping in. We too will have to figure something out besides just soaking the soil on our next trip; I don't think they'll last longer than 5 days.

Well damb. I'll be around to see how it goes and what you figure out. I'll be thinking on the matter myself. Good luck to you and your girls.

K.J

Veteran
One new picture

One new picture

I promised you guys a picture, so here it is. It isn't the best picture and it's a group shot, so you can't see each plant in all of its glory, but you can get the idea. Did I say it's a jungle in there? hehe

I will be taking pics of each individual lady tonight, so look for those pictures tomorrow. They're getting so big that it's getting to be a pain to drag them all out of the cab for pictures!

Group Shot, 7 days in flower (7 7 09)

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts