What's new

For All The Pitbull Owners/Lovers Out There

Great thread! I have 4 more beautiful pitbull pups to find homes for. Parents and older brother also live w/me! 3 adult 4pups 1cat 1ferret all sleep together w/me.(and on me).. Puppies =3brindle girls 1blk male N Illinois area.

Have a bad experience/story with my pit and the police. About a year ago a good friend
of mine was watching my dogs when I was outta town. My 4yr old female(Babay) and a few of her puppies were playing in the back yard, w/my friends 2yr old pit, named Caos(which was also Babays pup from a previous litter). BTW, my dogs have/had never bit one another...ever! which I am very proud of. Something happened that day in her back yard were Babay and Caos started fighting. And as most of you prob already know, once a pit locks on it can be difficult to seperate, and the best way is to get them to unlock before you even try pulling them apart. My friend was alone w/them and she had trouble breakn it up, screaming ,kicking,ect.. Then the neighbors called the police and as the cops came into her backyard Thru the gate which was also near where the backdoor to the house was. As the cop came in w/his gun drawn Babay had finally let Caos go he was scared and in bad shape running away, towards the backdoor of her house.The same area where the cop was coming from! He shoots Caos twice, once in the head and the other in the neck/chest area. Caos quickly laid down at his feet and rolled over in a submission style that most dogs will do when afraid,ect..I guess the cop quickly realized that Caos was heading for the house/back door because he was kinda remorseful and apologizing. Caos (and babay) are really sweet dogs that love people and other animals. And neither had ever experienced fighting or been aggressive whatso ever. Just very out of normal situation. Babay's younger pups were back there w/ them and something triggered the fight. Well my friend grabs her dog Caos (bitten up and shot twice) drove over 1 hour to the best animal hospital in Madison Wisc. with him in her lap dying.But after to operations $7500 later he lived and has recovered totally. Do you think I should try to recoup the $ I spent from the city/cop involved? Should he have had used dog mace or used a taser in that kind of situation?

i got this guy from the local shelter and not sure of breed or mix but here's some pics regardless

Cam001.jpg

Cam002.jpg

redrut

Great thread! I have 4 more beautiful pitbull pups to find homes for. Parents and older brother also live w/me! 3 adult 4pups 1cat 1ferret all sleep together w/me.(and on me).. Puppies =3brindle girls 1blk male N Illinois area.

Have a bad experience/story with my pit and the police. About a year ago a good friend
of mine was watching my dogs when I was outta town. My 4yr old female(Babay) and a few of her puppies were playing in the back yard, w/my friends 2yr old pit, named Caos(which was also Babays pup from a previous litter). BTW, my dogs have/had never bit one another...ever! which I am very proud of. Something happened that day in her back yard were Babay and Caos started fighting. And as most of you prob already know, once a pit locks on it can be difficult to seperate, and the best way is to get them to unlock before you even try pulling them apart. My friend was alone w/them and she had trouble breakn it up, screaming ,kicking,ect.. Then the neighbors called the police and as the cops came into her backyard Thru the gate which was also near where the backdoor to the house was. As the cop came in w/his gun drawn Babay had finally let Caos go he was scared and in bad shape running away, towards the backdoor of her house.The same area where the cop was coming from! He shoots Caos twice, once in the head and the other in the neck/chest area. Caos quickly laid down at his feet and rolled over in a submission style that most dogs will do when afraid,ect..I guess the cop quickly realized that Caos was heading for the house/back door because he was kinda remorseful and apologizing. Caos (and babay) are really sweet dogs that love people and other animals. And neither had ever experienced fighting or been aggressive whatso ever. Just very out of normal situation. Babay's younger pups were back there w/ them and something triggered the fight. Well my friend grabs her dog Caos (bitten up and shot twice) drove over 1 hour to the best animal hospital in Madison Wisc. with him in her lap dying.But after to operations $7500 later he lived and has recovered totally. Do you think I should try to recoup the $ I spent from the city/cop involved? Should he have had used dog mace or used a taser in that kind of situation?

I would stress to every person with a powerful dog breed, regardless of breed but bullybreeds especially is to have a few Breaksticks around the house and on you at all times with your dogs, just in case you never know.

You can find out more here.

http://www.riospitbull.com/breaking_stick.htm
http://www.pbrc.net/breaksticks.html

You can buy one from pbrc(though they're pretty expensive considering you can make your own with $5 hammer handles or you can order them through many suppliers

www.pitbull-chat.com (Will sell custom made ones, talk to the mod named zoe there.)
http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=44065

Here's how to make them, I recommend this method because it's cheap.
http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=74402

http://www.obriensk9supply.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=1653 (Nylon)

Not sure breadstix are enough(to breakup fight?) once theyre locked on fighting? it sounds alittle cruel but a small common tazer(not cattle prod or even cops that shoots prods out) to shock the agresser dog into letting go. This might sound offensive to some but believe me I really wish the cops wouldve use this alternative.Even theyre fucking mase. Thats what its made for. But then these hero cops wouldnt have a story to talk about. It would have no lasting effect whatsoever. And any even elderly people can use it to stop one from killing another dog. Doesnt take long for that to happen when pits go at it. You can scream all you want but some pits wouldnt obey!

redrut

Absolutely Break Sticks can break up fights. Make an account at either www.pitbullforum.com or www.pitbull-chat.com and ask them their experiences and how they broke up the fight to people who own 3-4 dogs. Here are some threads to look at.

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79642 How To Break Up A Fight With 2-3 Dogs (Very informative post) Read the entire thread.

In the whole training forum on the above site I would recommend reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mevd_GETOKM How To Use A Break Stick (New video, haven't seen it) Found videos on this thread http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=63503

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
breakstick a broom handle or ne hard wood would work i think if i taze my dog he will go harder these dogs font feel the pain and run they go harder. if i hit my dog with a tazer and he quit he wouldnt be my dog nemore. it not hard to break up an accident between 2 dogs if ya got some experiance.
step 1 is tie dog 1 up
step 2 grab dog 2 from over top in straddle put stick in the "locked" mouth.
step 3 pry open split and pull dog out call it a day.
step 4 buy better collars and snaps my dogs are all on 2500lb bull clips and i havent had an accident in quite some time.
the worst thing u could do is tazer or hit the dog in any way ur just gonna make em go harder unless ya got a cur. stay calm dont get excited! and handle business. these dogs are tough as hell and wont get hurt badly in most cases if ya get there within a reasonable amount of time now if ur late i remember when i was little one of my pops dogs got looses and well 5 of his dogs didnt see the next mornin expensive lesson thats when we started using bull clips on there collars to chain connection. best of luck
and PLEASE DONT TAZER UR DOGS

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
here are my two pits. the bluenose male is 103lb, cock diesel, staffordshire terrier. the rednose female is american pitbull terrier. shes is a little overweight at 73. both champion, show quality bloodlines. these animals are part of my family, and would go to hell and back for me. i never worked with the female(which i really regret doing), but i do weight pulling and a lot of rope hanging with the male. hope you all like my doggys.

edit*(does anyone know how to resize these pics?)

Hey ya'll another hardcore pitbull, and amstaff lover here. Have owned nothing else since I got my first one back in '83.

My current buddy is ADBA registered, not standard size APBT. To be honest he is one of those "not purebred" dogs that so many dogmen object to but who cares? He's a pet, and one of the finest dogs I have ever owned.

Pretty much scatterbred with a mix of game and weight pull bloodlines.Lots of Chainsaw son of Bighead blood in him with a fair amount of Freeman and BIsmarck thrown in. The impurity stems from an anscestor 4 gen's back that appears once on his dams topside: the infamous Wanna be a Whopper. dont have any way of posting pictures right now maybe sometime in the future but he is white with dappling on his skin that makes him look spotted and a few freckles that have come out as he has matured. Almost 7 now.

OMG I just read a little of the above. Tasering dogs to break up a fight? I have heard it all now. As I have said for years most people simply have no business owning an APBT

Anyone who doesnt know about breaking sticks needs to take the time to learn a little about the dog they own and its history.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Anyone who owns a bully, needs to know how to use a "break stick."
Let's face it, shit happens.
Better to be prepared, than not!!!!!
Punish the deed, NOT the breed!

Classic Seeds

Veteran
For All The Pitbulls Owners/Lovers Out There

For All The Pitbulls Owners/Lovers Out There

thought i might as well show my home owner ah pets shes pit and ridgeback and a bundle of joy for me and protector of the realm now that my old dog has slowed to sleeping and eating i do not know how i could live without the love those dogs give in unlimited volume all i have to do is referee who gets the bed ha ha i would rather have a little dog hair than not have it at all aloha cls

Attachments

• IMG_640x4801273.jpg
    IMG_640x4801273.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_640x4801269.jpg
    IMG_640x4801269.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_640x4801248.jpg
    IMG_640x4801248.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 18
  • oct 2009001_3.JPG
    oct 2009001_3.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 15
  • new terry pics 11.11.08 007.jpg
    new terry pics 11.11.08 007.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 17

woolybear

Veteran
Those are two awesome pups there CLS! The look to be very happy in their situation, what sweethearts! Just in time for Valentine's Day lol...

crazybear

Somebody told me that you shouldn't feed a pitbull everyday , is that true & if so why!

Update the person that told me this bullshit is my step-son, I asked him who the F**K told him that bullshit, he couldn't really tell me, then he said well his dog wouldn't eat every day or some shit!
Well our Siberian Husky does not eat much somedays but we still give him food & water everyday! WTF! I'm glad he doesn't have anymore pitbull's , The last one died he said somebody poisoned it!
You would think at thirty four he would be smarter than he is , but he listen's to idiots, oh yeah h thinks it's better to be thrown from a car in an accident than wear a seat belt!:wallbash: that's how I feel trying to talk to him!:rant: Had to get this shit off my chest!:plant grow:

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Most pet owners over feed dogs crap diets and dont give em near enough exercise.
Thats why imo the vet industry is worth billions in the western world.
Witholding food for a day or missing 1 meal can help aid digestion and give the system a rest and clean out.its regarded like fasting for people..BUT NEVER WITHOLD WATER!!!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
azad got a good point .... most of the dogs io see today ppl have are fat and oerweight cuz they got the good life which seems to be much shorter then a dog like myne whose been conditioned and on a diet ... neglecting water is just rediculas inhumane but i can see alot of ppls dogs needin to miss a meal occasionally........

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Yes a working dog is much better off.
It makes me think when i hear someone mention their beloved dog died of some sort of cancer or terminal illnesses and then thinking how some dogs live well in to dbl figures.
Im always looking for new ways to improve my dogs health/care...peace.

S

schwagg

very nice to see you azad. i hope mine goes dbl figures. though i do feed him daily, very good but lean and the best meat i can get for him.

crazybear

Our dog a Siberian Husky gets fed every day mostly dry food & always water & he is not over feed, he eats when he wants what he wants!

Xerhoss

Nothing but Acana and Orijen product lines fed here.

The dog in my avatar (RIP) was my first and i had him for nearly 12 yrs. I raised him on Proplan and later learned about even better *grain free* nutrition for canines, such as the product lines listed above.

Here's a closer shot of my former-best friend at about 9-10 yrs old:
Buster1.jpg

He was 85lbs with a 23" head, old family red nose/Hawaiian purple ribbon UKC, etc.

Here's my current girl (about 3yrs old):
daisy13.jpg

Blue nose. Got her through a local dog rescue. :)

This is her playing with her favorite friend (whom i personally rescued and re-homed a few years ago):
daisy18.jpg

Nuttin but LOVE!