What's new

Flip Flop Box or Relay Units??????

Sam66

Einsteinguy - I'm sure you're right about cooking the relay, that's why I said your idea seemed safer/more reliable.

However son-t does give part numbers and pictures of his simple relay set up. I think he also said that it's widely used.

With your system, I would suggest a dual channel timer rather than 2 seperate timers as they could eventually go out of sync. If you don't want to design it from component level then a simple hot water + central heating timer would do, or there are some suitable DIN timers available but they cost a bit more.

I couldn't get much information on the following system but it looks professionally put together and may be worth researching:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2385650768#ebayphotohosting

All the other flip flops I've seen have been relatively cheap and it wouldn't surprise me if they were simply relays in boxes.

I'm watching this thread with interest and would be happy to help in any way I can.

G

Lookin good Einsteinguy............almost looks like the setup you built for me.

For those of you who don't know he built me a complete setup to monitor my enviorment a few months back. I was crazy paranoid about the possibility of fire in my house since I have family in my home.

Einsteinguy was able to cure my concerns by designing a box that turned off my lamps if temps should reach 100 degree+ and also added a seperate relay with a fire/smoke detector that shuts down complete power if smoke or flames should show up in the cabinet. There was also a temp gague that turns on & off the fans at preset temps for the exhuast fans. I have had it in my grow room since the 1st day I received it and it has worked like a charm. I even had a great time testing the firesafe mechanism with numerous bongloads. I must admit I sleep well at night now that Einsteinguy did his work.

I must admit you sure live upto your name. I would recommend his work to anyone looking for a bit of automated customizing.

G

Looking very good. It's going to make life so much easier. Keep up the super work and i can't wait to give it a run. Wish i knew more about stuff like that. Oh, well.
Thanks for your help

G

Looking excellent Einstien

The output plugs going from the ballast to the mogul base that hold the bulbs is a special little plug and they are not the same from light to light or even from the same manufacturer they are different.

So, do you just cut the plug ends off and replace with heavy duty grounded plug ends? 4 or 6 of them in all. Will a standard replacement plug end handle the juice? would you loose any wattage in the transfer of the power through the lower rated plug assembly?

I just trying to figure out how many cord plug ends I have to switch

Great beta unit man, prototypes are always hard to pull off well.

Tex

G

Mine have some special plug config.

I will see if I can get to mine to photograph them for ya

the box looks great and the plug ends are not going to be a big deal at all

Tex

G

WoW, It's coming together there Einsteinguy. So, when are you going to test her out and let us know how she works? Also, what are we looking at for a price on the unit? Wondering how much you got in her already. Your doing an awesome job. As for the plugs, you can cut off the end on your light and change plus to fit this unit. You just got to make sure you got the right rating for the plug.
Great Job

Satans pal

BG, just thought I would let you know that I have been to Einstien's house and seen your F.F. box come together. I gotta tell ya, your gonna love it and he knows his s#@t too. Your getting top quality equipment and workmanship. Anyway, its really cool to see how total strangers can come together and reach a common goal. Aint it great!:) SP

G

Thanks Satans pal
I think it's going to work just great and i'm very thankful for his hard work and time. From what i've seen from other people. He makes some super stuff. I'm looking forward to the unit and can wait. It is cool to see how people come together and help each other out and don't understand why we can't do it more as a whole around the world..
Thanks and take care

G

PM me a place to send you a money order and also send me a safe address for a special gift also. Thanks for all your hard work and time. The unit looks awesome and is going to help me out a ton. This is the perfect unit to run two mini Coli's with the four 600HPS light. This unit will help spread out the electric bill over the full 24 hours, so your not running both units at the same time and maxing out 2400Watt during a 12 hour period. I'd rather have a constant 1200 watts over 24 hours then 2400 watts over 12 hours. Thanks again and it looks just awesome. Let me know how i can get one.
Thanks and take care

G

Kudos everyone involved. This is a great solution for the problem at hand.

G

You'll be very pleased with your unit BILLYGOAT.

It has changed the way I feel about growing in my house

G

This unit will let me run two coli's for a harvest every month and keep the electric co. in the dark. If you got 2400 watts coming out of my place ontop of the normal usage and they see 2400 watts or whatever for 12 hours then drop off to nothing after 12 hours. You know what they are going to think. I really think this unit will let me max out two mini coli's. I'm looking forward to the setup this winter. :) The cold weather is going to hide some electric usage and also help heat the place some. I'll vent into living area and use two Optimum 4000 to kill any and all odars and give them place a fresh smell. I'm very happy that this unit is going to help a ton.
Thanks

G

Merry Christmas :)

Merry Christmas :)

Well look what came in the mail today. A very nice person got me the answer to my problem. This little unit is going to let me double me grow space and spread out the electric billl over a full 24 hour period and not just 12 hours. So, basically will just look like winter heating bill :) I"m alittle busy right now with the family in Florida and all Hell about to break loose, but i'm going to order the last parts i need for this unit and i'll get it up and running and get a report back. All i need is two cables with fixture for the other two 600HPS lights, since i'm going to use just two ballast and flip flop from the both of them. Saving money and doubling the grow. Sounds good to me. Stay tune and i'll get the report back and some picture on the unit. Now i got to go get my first Coli out of storage and get it setup. Fun fun fun
Thanks again Super Nice Person, and take care everyone
63Flip_Flop-med.JPG

G

Yes they are, and i can't wait to test the unit. Wait till i get my place in Hawaii. People are going to shit a major brick when they see the rooms i got design for the coli's i'm going to setup. Fully automatic with everything, AC,CO2,everything. It's going to be a very nice setup.
Take care

Satans pal

Congrats BG, Cant wait to see how this works for you. Einstein was really excited to help, I just think he likes doing this kind of stuff;) Anyhoo, have fun with it,SP

G

Thanks, I love the idea that i can run four 600HPS lights on two ballast. That gives me two Mini Coli units going. One unit on from 7am-7pm and the other unit from 7:00pm-7:00am, but there is a couple of mintues for the switch over. It's going to help out a ton. Can't wait to set it up, but i really can't wait to setup the final room in my new place in Hawaii. It's going to have everything and i'll be able to leave and go on vacation for two weeks and not worry about it. Plus, i'm going to have a Restricted FTP that i'll have setup, but not on-line till the time i ever leave for business or Vactation, so i can have a look and make sure everything is fine. I'll have some type of video camera setup on FTP, but it will only go on-line when i leave, then comes off-line once back. It will be pretty cool and it will be controlled with everything. Air-Flow, CO2, Rez will automaticlly top off the feed tank, tech. I'll fill the unit and check it from time to time. It will be a feed to waste, which makes PH alot easier. Well, thanks for the kind words, and i'm very thankful for his hard work.
Take care