What's new

DWC Scrog almost finished g13 labs power skunk and g13xhaze

I

idoreallytry

hey oldschool just saw this tonight you have a very nice set-up and a nice bud canopy,,,enjoy your harvest bro,,,peace

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Nice harvest man! I'm gonna guess 12oz plus whatevers in the bags. How often did you have to change the water in the reservoirs?

-looking at it again idk how i got 12 haha, maybe closer to 8? Thanks for the info, been looking into DWC, never been sure about changing/maintaining the water though

norcalwoodsmen - thanks!
idoreallytry - thanks for stoppin by :joint:
Rob547 - Thanks! Wow, I'd love to have 12 zips. (I'm conservatively guessing 5oz) We'll see in a few weeks :rasta: I re-upped the reservoirs every week, and flushed once when switching to flower; then three more times at the end of harvest.

Just finished smoking the scissor hash, oh how nice it is :rasta:

Rob547 - if you've never done DWC, I highly recommend it; however with summer approaching make sure you research rezevoir temps (I lost 2 crops last summer to root rot due to my ignorance). As long as you take care of temps, and know how to read plants for nute related issues; you'll do well. Let me know if you try it, I'm happy to help you along!

oldschoolfarmer yeeeehaaaa whats going on!:joint::joint::joint: i'm just chilling
about to go smoke a little purple in my bizong
whats the lenght on that scrog net, did you get that from a local
hydro store!!!!:joint::joint:

BigGreen

Veteran
Looks around 10 zips + you got popcorn. I say 10 because that was one of my harvest and it looks close to that judging the size next to the bottle. We'll see. Looks dam good tho oldfarmer. Check out my 2k rdwc scrog got some new pics in there.

Norcal - the length of the net was approx 5 ' x 2.5'. It was intended for three plants, but the one in the middle died lol. I bought it from a home and garden store, it's plastic 'deer' netting.

BigGreen - 10 would be the shit!

I used some of the g13 haze trim today and made my first batch of BHO. I highly recommend trying it, as this is the best high I've had in several months :woohoo:

picture.php

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome grow Old School...I have run FloraNova in DWC and it is GREAT!
I say that she gives you somewhere between 6-7 oz...Enough to make for an easy summer =) That Skunk looks unreal...can't wait to see her finish. PEACE.MP

oldschoolfarmer holy nastyness,hahahah that little ball looks so nasty
i bet it is really potent, would love to get some of that!!!:joint::joint::joint:
wow!!!!!!!!!

thats some bomb shit

I

idoreallytry

:yeahthats,,,it looks like a lil edible ball of dough or something,,,nice job oldschool,,,peace

Outstanding! Congratulations!!

Outstanding! Congratulations!!

Hi OldSchool,

Totally outstanding grow with fantastic results - all that from a one plant, inside, DWC SCROG? Holy crap, Batman! I can see a SCROG screen as the next construction project.

I'm currently working on my first DWC - have some bagseed mystery indica and Agent Orange bubbling, but my first clone attempts were partial failures, and I made the mistake of not starting the whole grow at the same time. Now, the indica is 8" from my HPS light, and is easily twice as tall as the AO - live and learn.

Congratulations again - looks like you got this down to a fine science!

meltingpot - thanks! Yes I think these two harvests will hold me for some time. hopefully long enough to get a SOG setup :)

idotryreally - thanks man. Yeah, I was pretty intimidated at first, but it's amazing how easy BHO really is. Turned out pretty good, and medicates very well :joint:

CaptainKirk - Thanks. I definitely recommend a screen, especially if you're height limited. I've grown DWC 4 times, using LST, Scrog, and topping. Scrog was the best yielder by far, but also took the most maintenance time lol. I'm thinking my next project will be a SOG table, but keep a few Scrog plants on the side for sativas (my personal fave).

Gonna flush the powerskunk today (2nd time), then only 5 days till the chop!

Here's the root ball from the g13haze. It's dyed as a result of using floranova, but a pretty good ball all things considered.
picture.php

Figured some of you might like some bud shots of the g13 haze. It's still drying, but looking a bit frosty none the less. :rasta: smells and tastes great, if you like indicas. I may try to cross it in the future with some kali. we'll see.

picture.php

picture.php

Get Some Tips From You Please?

Get Some Tips From You Please?

Hi OldSchool,

After seeing your grow, I was hoping you might answer a few questions related to SCROG - I think you sold me! :1help:

(1) How far above the tubs did you set your screen - looks to me like about 8-10"?
(2) How did you go about training your plants into the screen? Just keep pulling them back down throught the screen and re-routing them? (I know you mentioned keeping everything below the screen prior to flower.)
(3) I know you mentioned you like that deer screening - any other tips on building the screen you can offer? Think it's possible to leave a few PVC joints unsealed so that the screen can be diassembled?
(4) Should the screen be weighted? There's no chance the plants will start pushing the screen up?

Thanks,
CaptainKirk

Hiya Captain! Feel free to ask away, I learned most of what I know right here on icmag :rasta: Answers are in red

(1) How far above the tubs did you set your screen - looks to me like about 8-10"? It was closer to 10". Personal preference really, but I wanted enough room to work under there and have fairly large arms.
(2) How did you go about training your plants into the screen? Just keep pulling them back down throught the screen and re-routing them? (I know you mentioned keeping everything below the screen prior to flower.) I started by pushing the screen down on the plants (forcing them under). Then whenever anything poked through, I'd pull it under and try to re-route it elsewhere. I started letting them through when I saw buds, but occasionally would get a rowdy stretcher. The easy fix for that is to either lst the stretcher, or pull her down and pinch the stem below the screen (making her drop as a result of her own weight).
(3) I know you mentioned you like that deer screening - any other tips on building the screen you can offer? Think it's possible to leave a few PVC joints unsealed so that the screen can be diassembled? Certainly, whatever type of screen you choose (several growers just lace hemp through the pvc) make sure it has 1.5" holes or larger. Anything smaller and you're gonna break branches. I actually left the 4 top joints unsealed on the bottom connection specifically for dissasembly :joint:
(4) Should the screen be weighted? There's no chance the plants will start pushing the screen up? I zip tied the screen around the pvc frame about every 3 inches to compensate for this, also used two cross bars in the frame for this purpose. If you don't have a stiff frame and a tightly attached screen, the plants will push/warp the screen.

Hope that helps!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Nice ScroG work, very impressive.

(1) How far above the tubs did you set your screen - looks to me like about 8-10"?

Just wanted to add that screen height is arbitrary. Some lay the screen directly on the tub. Others hang it high enough for grown men to sit under. The thing to remember is, the higher the screen the more veg required. More veg means bigger plants and higher yield. This can be good or bad depending on your garden space.