What's new

Dutch Police Using Unmanned Helicopters to Sniff Out Cannabis Grows

Barf

HAHA, I don't have a chimney! So bring it on, and now I never will.

Dude everyone know's don't vent out the chimney, vent out the fucking sewage line.

doodah

What about CFL's (125w,250w)? Will they be visable on these thermo cams they are using, or is it just HPS/MH (high power & tempratures)?

lmao no of course they can't pick up cfls! they can't pick up a single 600w or 100w light either, if it's cooled. a single hot-spot won't bring the pigs down on you. it's when there are several - read 'lots' - of hps lights that the building gives off a significant heat signature. there are many things in most buildings that will give off a strong heat sig, but only when the combination of many items, e.g. lights, make a building glow like a phosphorescent phantom (sry - i stoneyed) do the porky choppers start picking up on it. less than 3000w and u have v. little to worry about.

H

h^2 O

who the hell is this hazyfontazey loser writing nasty and rude comments in people's profiles in regards to this thread? Is he a "squatter"?

spadedNfaded

Veteran
The spokesman said the couple could apply to the force to claim compensation for the damage caused to their door.

WHAT? I'm sorry we broke your door in but you were giving off a heat signature. By the way, if you want you can come and try to get your money for the damage. We won't be giving it to you in good faith and regret.

What the hell is wrong with people. WE OWN THE MOTHER FUCKIN POLICE. WHY DO THEY GET TO ACT LIKE THEY OWN US?!?!?!?!?

- SubN

This escalating use of technology to peer into people's homes is a worrying trend.

I consider it invasion of privacy. No better than peering in somebody's windows except from a distance, through walls, using higher technology than the eyeball. What's next? Full house scanning using millimeter radar of the type already used in some airport security?

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Wait its legal to hover around peoples houses without anything? Does that mean if I were in Holland I could hover around peoples houses/business looking in their windows with a remote copter with complete impunity?

demasoni

However, if this is a drone, it's going to get shot out of the sky around here. I guess not many folks toting guns in Holland.
But here?
Those drones will be target practice.

lol. damn right, High brass loads in the 12.ga or .308 if it wants to hover :) either way theres plenty of americans that would toast those little shits. Not that you can't get your own RC helicopter, as advanced as you want to get theyre out there. GREAT forward surveillance for going in/out working at outdoor grow if you think about it! someday I wish to utilize that and get nightvis headset

ben ttech

Sad to say, but the US will have to lead the way towards cannabis legalization. Then all the other nations will follow suit.

i find this sentiment insidious...

AMERICA will never LEAD the way... until its figured out HOW to rob the consumers via the delivery... and kept all the laws allowing the military attack of folks watering seeds they pushed into dirt...

to continue AS IF pot wasnt available in the vending machine...

were screwd..

blackone

Veteran
All this means is that it will get even more profitable for neighboring countries to export to Holland, and the dutch will get a smaller slice of the Amsterdam cake.
Morons:)

I

igrohydro

All this talk about america legalising it an everyone will follow,what balls.
All the talk about shooting it outa the sky,lmao,there are fire arms in Holland,just not everyone has em.
I wonder how many would take that shot,especially if they grow..
What people are missing here is the fact criminal gangs have started producing mj for sale,gansters in it for money.
Also im sure its capable of doing more than verifyin grow ops,maybe it can hear aswell,take the whole op down,daft,they woulnt where that here,there has been loads of cases of the cops bustin the wrong places,they get away with it.Why spend on this equipment when they love the direct approach.

"Your honour,ion's coming from said property were possitive for the cent of growing mj"
Yeah right.
Feel the fear and go beyond!

White Rabbit

Digging in the garden
ICMag Donor
Shoot the fucker down with an air rifle. shoot it when you spot it. fuck it.

Edit: I would definitely shoot it down, grow or not, no lies.

Last edited:
H

Hazyfontazy

who the hell is this hazyfontazey loser writing nasty and rude comments in people's profiles in regards to this thread? Is he a "squatter"?

u made nasty remarks about the english and dutch in this thread thats why and no i aint no squatter ,whatever 1 is,but i suspect your 1

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
INTERNATIONAL cannagraphic!!!

I n I English,, with some English, some Nordic, some dutch, some Italian, some danish, some American, some Australian ,, some polish ,, and some undisclosed ganja friends,,, it's a global happening folks.. quosh the beef,, we all stand against the babylom-forces together!!!

RE: Sniffer-Choppers,,, the sniffing part is really very interesting,, the drone part is old-news happening again... in Israel they already have remote control dragonflies, wasps and hornets that take images , spy on,, and dub-plate ppl!!

peace n cyber-kennetic vibes to all

G0d5hand

ok, first off want to say I respect Americans and their love of guns and individualism. I seriously wish you guys would rise up in arms against the oppression you are in. Wish it would happen. I truly wish that these helicopters where falling from the sky (I know they are not in the USA). Just seems like America is in a rut, you used to not trust government and left Europe and oppression hoping to create a freer place. At first you hated large government but now it seems like you have one of the most all encompassing government controlled states in the world. What happened? Canada is no better, with our bullshit politicians, but I just wanted to point out my hope for rebellion. I do not mean to bad mouth you or anyone except governments in general. Fuck government oppression, here, there and everywhere!

on a side note, why are the so fucking hardcore on weed of everything? Why are they so hypocritical? why do I want to have kids, or should I plan on having kids, if they are going to be in a worse off and more oppressed world?

Bonsai8

It seem's to me that the down wash of the roter would serve to disapate the very gasses it is looking for. This would only be effective with a very big grow.

I also wonder if simply using a carbon filter would not be an effictive counter.

If I lived in a city I would simply vent my grow into the sewer system. Even in the country I may think about venting into my septic tank .... let them sniff that out.

I think they have spent alot of money on something with very limited utility which is most likley why they went public with it. It may be more effective in the newspaper to scare people than in actual use.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
in all seriousness if one of those things fly over my house it better be moving quick... will shoot that fucker down

gdup

quit yappin, if you are dumb enough to shoot down a chopper flying near your house you are a complete moron.