What's new

Dual 126 watt LED, 600 watt digital comparison grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genetics

A few updated pics

A few updated pics

Here are a few of the updated flowering pics. They are doing very well.

I'd like to make a comment regarding the arguing about yields. Everyone is hung up on whether the 126 led will get the same yield as a 400 hid. This is what I think. Some people cant grow due to heat and venting issues. This light would let anyone grow. Even if you only got 50 grams off a 126 watt light the light has more than paid for itself on the first grow. The next 5 years are free. These lights emit no heat. And some will argue that cfl's can do the same thing. Not true. Cfl's emit heat. 126 watts of cfl's are going to make a closet to warm to grow.

These plants got left in the cups to long waiting for the room to finish so I'm going to do another comparison grow with the clones and put a barrier between the lights.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hank_Moody

Your attitude also gets old but that never seems to change. At least you have an excuse listed already when your lights don't keep up.

Can we all please stop beating a DEAD HORSE? :deadhorse Seriously, if you're going to complain or demand that things be done in a different manner (not saying I don't agree with you), then be the one who steps up and shows everyone what you've been wanting to see. Don't sit around telling everyone else to do this or that, as it gets old. According to the grower there will be a test following this one using a wall, so be complacent with what is shown and the information provided until then. Thank you.

Looking great! I agree, people get hung up on trying to compare the 126 to a 400, if i get close to 1g per w that better than i do with a hps plus like you said no heat. I have a small cfl setup=heat, led=no heat

U

unthing

Looking good. Leds are bless for closet growers, no heat problems and tuned spectrum.

Last edited:

Genetics

I wish I would have mounted the lights 6 inches farther apart and put all eight plants under the LED lights. I have way to much wasted space underneath these lights. By doing that theres no doubt in my mind that I could have gotten a qp per light, which is something I wouldn't have thought before I started. I was real skeptical on these lights before I started but I had to try it. Another thing I learned was to not start plants from seed and wait until they are almost 2 feet before flowering. These lights will work much better with shorter bushier plants that with tall thin ones. Like anything else, you learn a lot more after using them. But like I said earlier, if you like to smoke but don't have a place to grow because of heat issues, these lights will let you grow anywhere that you can find a three foot by three foot area to grow in. That's the biggest positive I have found. At three hundred an ounce, these lights can keep a smoker in weed from just a small closet. I can't grow during the summer months with my HID but I will be able to grow all summer with these.

staank

I'd like to make a comment regarding the arguing about yields. Everyone is hung up on whether the 126 led will get the same yield as a 400 hid. This is what I think. Some people cant grow due to heat and venting issues. This light would let anyone grow. Even if you only got 50 grams off a 126 watt light the light has more than paid for itself on the first grow. The next 5 years are free. These lights emit no heat. And some will argue that cfl's can do the same thing. Not true. Cfl's emit heat. 126 watts of cfl's are going to make a closet to warm to grow.

This is exactly why I bought one.

I

irishboy

These plants got left in the cups to long waiting for the room to finish so I'm going to do another comparison grow with the clones and put a barrier between the lights.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

where the hps pics?

Genetics

I have to comment and say the buds on those plants are looking real nice. I'm going to have to take a look at some of the other threads.

That's one thing that sucks about being a mod. You spend so much time looking for trolls and not enough time enjoying the threads.....

I'm pleased with how they are coming. Everyone said they were doing well because of the HPS in the room. If you look carefully, the 2 plants on the farthest right that aren't getting the lower light from the HPS are the biggest plants. And the colas are very hard and dense. If I had the money right now I'd buy a couple more and have the LED'S over the entire area.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Great thread. Great skills. It can be done. I used to be very sceptical about LED's until recently. Saving up to buy a couple of these. Thanks for testing.

Genetics

I was reading another thread here earlier and one poster said my plants looked like they would be a half ounce. The first plants a beauty and I know will go over two ounces All I have to say regarding this is if you don't grow, don't comment. :deadhorse

Here are some pictures taken today. You can see a red lighter laying sideways within the branches. The plants are coming along nice. Real frosty and the buds are hard. They have two to three weeks left. Be some pretty big half ounces. :hide:

The plants are also 30 inches tall. I'm going to take a guess and say when they finish they average just under two ounces a plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LEDGirl

Veteran
Those are looking nice Genetics! Can't wait to see how thick they get over these last 2-3 weeks!

Genetics

:respect:Hey there Rez. This is going to be some fine bud. The colas are rock hard and they're sticky, stinky and white with crystals :respect:

Capitol g i'll get some pics of the other group under the 600,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts