What's new

Double Vertical 6k, Closed System With Asian Kush, Urkulan and Sweet Pink Grapefruit

smallfry707

sorry for all the questions but this will be my last one .. promise... does stadium with 40ish plant yield better then having those trees? i need to keep my plant numbers low because i need to be in the guidelines
thanks
-smallfry

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
ICMag1 - the plants do it themselves, no training required. i do pull all the branches forward, towards the light though. i usually use plant yoyo's but this time i went with horti trellis. hard to see in the pics, but it runs from the ceiling to the bottom of the second shelf. i get the yoyo's at hydro shops, i like them because then keep a taunt line. never have problems with plants growing to tall, i bend them over towards the light at the ceiling.

smallfry707 - they both have there pros and cons. i like the vertical better because my goal is to get the max amount of smallest area, but the tree method is overall much easier to deal with and maintain. literally there 1 hr every other day and they are perfect! last grow without co2 was close to 6 lb's. with 30 plants, the one before that was a little over 6 lb's. with 24 or so plants, still dialing shit in. never have done stadium so im not sure. if your worries about plant count, vertical is the way to go. i know for a fact i can get 6 plants to yield over 6 lb's in my smaller vertical room. i just harvested some plants that averaged 320 grams each, and they weren't even 3 1/2' tall.

Surrender - i tape the joint of the tubes and then use a neoprene collar for exhaust fans to keep the tubes together. :joint:

rooted

wow, this is gonna be a good one

it must look funny dragging that huge green thumb around with the rest of your fingers

:joint:

M

Mr-B

Sweet looking setup brother :joint:

Don't pay any attention to smithsutton, he's just a troll. IMO, He's already fooked his presence here.

peace;

B

krunchbubble

Veteran
little update on the asian kush, starting to calyx up, the room just absolutely reeks of kush, overtaking the sweet pink grapefruit stink, which amazes me. the kushie kush did its thing, going to switch over to boombastic this next week. day 30 i believe....

aligee

Veteran
Nice setup bro vertical rocks big time ! I'll be lurking !You go with all that lumens sweet !! ~aliG~!!!

Oregonic

wow kb can't believe i hadn't seen this thread yet... but dude! there's noooo way you can keep up with that asian kush bro! just wait and see! lol

smallfry707

really liked how you added all the links on the bottom of each of your comments. makes navigating super easy. thanks for sharing

mango420

Hey great show krunchbubble, really liked your other show too with the 10 gal buckets. Did you use any c02 in that grow? How long did you have to veg those to get trees? Thanks

sly2slim

Great room. The best vert garden I've seen so far. I'm setting up my own and was going to run two closed rooms side by side with 4k HPS in each (total 8k) on a flip flop system with only 4 digital ballasts to keep costs down, but after seeing yours I'm thinking of going 3k each and increase my height. I was just going to hang the lights in the middle of the room and have step shelves on either side (see pic). My only worry is temp and humidity. How do you keep your room cool? Like your other rooms? Vent fan and passive cooling? I'm new to cool tubes and was going to just hang bare bulbs, but everything I've been reading says the tubes reduce temp by +10 degrees. do these vent directly out of the room also? I was also going to use dehumidifiers but would rather not if i can avoid it. ever have trouble with humidity? Thanks for the input. And again, sweet room. Thanx 4 posting.

Attachments

• Stadium1.jpg
    Stadium1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 18
  • stadium8.jpg
    stadium8.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 13

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
looks like a cool set up i would say tagged but got a newbie question first how do ya tag a thread? just post a comment and watch what threads ya have commited on or is there another way? thatnks

Near the top of the page on the bar that contains the title there is a drop down menu that says "thread Tools" there you will find a option to "subscribe to this thread" select it, confirm and it will be "tagged".

BTW, already done it, this looking great so far.:yes:

Also, love the avatar krunch, "I'm Stevie, Stevie Janowski!"

krunchbubble

Veteran
thisnthat, Oregonic, VeticalGrowBot, aligee, labtec and smallfry707 - thx for stopping by!

mango420 - nope, no co2. not sure how long they vegged. just grew them to a certain height.

sly2slim - appreciate it! your system is very similar. as i have two rooms side by side on flip flops, but only one is sealed. my boy just setup a room just like yours.
temp and humidity is controlled by a single tube portable air conditioner! i modified it to a double tube system, works flawlessly!
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2794733#post2794733
temps are kept at 80, 83 max with 20% humidity.
the cooltubes pull air from outside the room at the top and are exhausted out the bottom of the cooltubes into my main exhaust for both my rooms, a 14" cann fan.

TheGreenBastard - Ass Blood!

smallfry707

i recall you had a shootout between bloomblastic and darkenergy? which one yielded more and was it by a lot? and is there a update on the kushie kush? Does it look bigger yet or just more resinous ?
thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts