What's new

columbian santamarta / col gold

lynx

Hi again, jgl bro :wave:
I wonder, can you tell us something about the background for this strain?

peace & love,
lynx

shunzan

Very nice, but I'm jealous, I do not have seeds anymore, I had no beautiful breeders for that. But i make a cross with a wild sativa of north India...

souvenir...

jahgreenlabel

Veteran
hello lynx,

this strain come from the private circle me, I obtain about 10 years ago
seeds that you got was the generation 3em

line very vigorous
more sativa phenotypes are generally fruity with a high very positive, festive
it forms large plants with floral structure long which is full of bud, the ramifications are also long-bud
this phenotype flowered in about 16/17 weeks

most phenotypes more compact are generally very resinous with notes of resins / earth more pronounce,to christmas tree structure and a good high followed by a stone a little more sustained
this phenotype flowered in about 14/16 weeks

best vibes

These are great photos,I am happy someone has tried to preserve these landrace strains. Big question, have any of you growers tried girdling these highland sativa s to get the gold color we saw in the 70's ? many thanks in advance

idiit

Veteran
These are great photos,I am happy someone has tried to preserve these landrace strains. Big question, have any of you growers tried girdling these highland sativa s to get the gold color we saw in the 70's ? many thanks in advance

i'm going to try girdling some branches of the outdoor smcg and golden tigers this year to see. according to my research an extensive indoor dark environment cure can take some buds into the desired colors and flavors . definitely a topic of interest to me.

Jon 54

Beautiful plants but they do not look like any highland or coastal strains that I have ever seen growing wild anywhere in Colombia. I wonder what the source of the seeds are??? Jon 54

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I grew up in Colombia and I never seen cannabis growing wild anyplace. Every plant had an owner to the best of knowledge

Painfull

I wonder why the Columbian gold of the 60ties and 70ties is not available. They must still be growing the real deal mj from those days. I am disappointed no one is selling seeds. Someone must have a clone or growing it some where. I am glad to see growers not giving up and growing their own version.

:respect:
Pain

huligun

Veteran
When I was a boy my cousins grew the finest buds not too far from Medellin. It was rumored or bragged by one cousin that he supplied the personal stash to El Patron (Pablo Escobar). I have no proof and all those people are long dead or hiding. That legacy and gene pool is dead as well. It would be a risky proposition to go into those hills looking in this era I am here to tell you. Even if you are connected the war is fierce.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannabiogen has Punta Rosa which is a Colombian Red type of plant. Their Panama Red reminds me of Colombian Red quite a bit. Maybe Yucatan as well.

Gage Green I think it is? has Colombian Black. There were all kinds of colors of Colombian and gold was not necessarily the best.

huligun

Veteran
Cannabiogen has Punta Rosa which is a Colombian Red type of plant. Their Panama Red reminds me of Colombian Red quite a bit. Maybe Yucatan as well.

Gage Green I think it is? has Colombian Black. There were all kinds of colors of Colombian and gold was not necessarily the best.
Colombia and Panama are and always will be sisters in the drug world with weed and coke. Seeds were and are traded freely between the two countries. I do know that there are islands off of Panama where a gringo can safely get old school genes from natives. They still have the old school stuff for various reasons. That is the safest place on the planet to buy coca pura as well. I seen it for 5 dollars a gram and it is not weighed. Some native just scoops some into a banana leaf. You want old Colimbian go to the Pearl Islands and dont forget to bring American money. I stake my name on it.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
2 columbian gold X jamaican lambsbread by jahgreenlabel...
picture.php

finna put um from 24 hour light to a green house in august.

junior_grower

well I have 100 packs of 10 col gold heading in for the server fund. These are from a group of three mothers and two father i selected from a pile of seeds collected well visiting the Santa Marta region.

Painfull

The Columbian gold i had back in the 70ties had a gold color with orange hairs. It was very potent and had a trippy effect. The smell was like coca cola syrup. Can't find anything like that again. Wish i could find that kind.

master shake

Some years back I was fortunate to be given some Love Potion beans. As most of you know, LP is (CG x G13) x CG. I made more seeds with some of the plants I grew, and of the few that have been grown, 1 in particular was quite unique.

A friend of mine grew this one, and she sure did look like what I figured to be the Colombian Gold. I don't remember how long she flowered but it was a long time. But sadly the buds were bunk... Due to low expectations, she was given no cure at all (which I wouldn't have done). Tasted and smelled like hay, barely any high, but that might have been due to other factors. But I feel the potential for something better may exist in the seed collection.

Anyone else find something like this in some LP genes?

pics are well before harvest, and due to the light it doesn't look so, but the leaves were nice and dark green.
picture.php

picture.php

This was the mother
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts