What's new

Canadian seeds best place ???

Golden Tree

Here are my experiences here in Canada.. honestly IG is where it's at nowadays but there are also plenty websites.

Made a few orders with JOTI over the years but last order was 3 years ago. Can be slow to process orders at times and had to write twice after a few weeks to ask what was up but always ended up getting what I ordered and more. Grew out Black Funk Dawg and Black Garlic both were nice and resembled the description. Grew out Deep Purple as well which 3 plants were all quite different, one leaning to the PK another to the BB and the 3rd one having a cheese vibe on a more solid structure and less leafy than cheese. That being said the whole story around that company is weird, whether it was sold or not as some point and changed ownership, why the recent drop pics are all so shoddy and why they never seem to know anything when you ask about strain info on IG. They still run really cheap promos but my personal opinion is that I'm weary of a seed company that has constant stock of over 200 different strains, most of which were created over a decade ago, stemming from more than a dozen different lines, who are all outcrossed to different plants. There is no way you are keeping hundreds of parental plants in constant flower all in different rooms in order to keep fresh seed stock. Nobody selling seeds is a wizard. That being said if all their lines are still what they say they are they need to be a little more transparent about their operation. Idk maybe I'm wrong about this, but the lack of any kind of up to date info about parental plants in their crosses turns me away. Some simple comparisons; breeders like Ace, Hyp3rids or 7east all have descriptions of the lineage, what filial generation the cross is at, how it's been worked, by whom etc. That gives me confidence of what I might be working with when I get a pack of seeds. In the end, albeit some good experiences in the past, I'm steering clear in the future, way too many seed sources to choose from nowadays.

Lucky 13 seeds was easy to deal with, only grew out the Roadkill OG which didn't turn out as strong as I had hoped based on description but structure and smell were pretty spot on. My friends liked it, just wasn't my thing, not a strong stone more of a munchie vibe with minimal couchlock. Came with a couple freebies too.

Barriegrower on IG works with modern genetics mostly, haven't grown out what I got from him yet but he has some nice promos he runs and bunch of his stuff has won contests, like Korean BBQ.

7east genetics. They run some nice promos and can get pretty cheap if you pay by Bitcoin it's always an extra 25% off. Lots of strains to choose from, with description of lineage and what work was done on the line. Haven't flowered anything from them yet but have some Blueberry Dragon Fire BX2, Tuna Breath and Death Breath in veg, perfect germ rates. That doesn't mean much to me honestly, I very rarely get seeds that don't pop and I pop hundreds a year. That being said, 7east is legit and they hook it up. I ordered 15 seeds and received around 80 I believe.

Burke's Beans. Haven't grown anything yet but he ran a cheap 20$ pack with a bunch of free packs so I hopped on the train as I'm a seed addict. Has an IG page and a website, cheap and affordable genetics.

Coastal Mary seeds. They have a website, they have their own line as well as carry other breeders work. I've grown their Harlequin CBD which is high CBD and barely any THC. I really liked those plants, easy to grow and great smell, different effects than most stuff I grew. Can't speak about the rest but they're legit.

Kropduster. Has a website as well as IG page, as well as through strainly I believe, runs some promos often. I ordered Black Tuna F3 and got a pack of Cambodian Crasher as well. Haven't grown them out yet but was easy to deal with a quick to ship.

Mephisto, not sure if they still have the Canadian website going but I grew autos for a short while a few years back and ordered through them a few times. Mephisto is great for autos, I grew the Double Grape x Sour Stomper, Sweet n Sour, AVT x 3BOG, Walter White, SODK, Skywalker OG, Toofless Alien, Strawberry Nuggets and Chemdoggin x CDLC. Everything was on point. Fave was Toofless and AVT.

Omuerta Genetic. Not sure if he's still around but got a couple packs from his website a few years back. His thousand Oaks because of the description of an abhorrent smell. Unfortunately I had an issue with that grow and had to harvest them way too early but the smell was pretty offensive. I didn't want to smoke them post cure, couldn't tell if it was the smell or because they weren't mature but others liked it. Anyways he hooked it up too with freebies he's legit.

Next Generation seeds. They have a website, I think it's a pretty old seed company, jay has an IG page as well. I ordered a pack of Island Sweet Skunk but I actually didn't order through the website but through The Cannabis Wonderland who was running a promo. Grew them out once and great uniform plants, decent stretch, strong branching and Christmas tree structure. I'm running them again currently, would recommend.

Sacred Cut. You can't go wrong with Sacred, as others have mentioned here, he's very legit. Available through emails IG or discord, I've also seen his stuff on canadaseedz. Also seen them on seedfantasy but at a ridiculous markup. Seriously don't pay 130$ plus whatever they're charging for shipping. He constantly runs promos where his packs are under 50$. Everything I've grown from him has been stellar, notably his FFC, GMO X FPOG, Sour Dubb x FPOG, Chementine, and Blueberry PacMac. I'm currently running more and will be running his stuff for a long time, I've been finding gems in there. My number one recommendation in Canada for sure.

Scallywag seed co. Paul is a guy with a huge cannabis library, or at least was, I know he now is part of a collective that grows on the legal market. He's still very present on IG and I believe while I was away for a bit he gave away a lot of said library but from my understanding he still might be selling seeds. I remember pics of his veg or conservation rooms and yeah that dude had a looot of genetics and knows a ton about strains. I've only grown his Blood of Winnie which is a the Blood x Winnie the Blue cross, smelled insanely like blueberries seriously one of the best smelling plants I've grown. I purchased it from Gibson's Greenery which has since been shutdown and that's a bummer because I got a ton of cheap gear from there.

Thumbprint genetics. Again I got most of his stuff through Gibson's which is now gone, haven't grown any of his stuff yet though I have plenty different packs. He learned from the Lucky13 seeds guy and has been doing his thing for a while now. Mostly IG I believe to get his stuff. Actually I remember I ran his Shiatsu Kush F2, just a couple plants one was useless, zero resin or anything, turned purple but reminded me of hemp. Wasn't smokable. The other was quite kushy, decent resin and structure. I guess it's to be expected with it being an F2, widening of gene pool and all. Wouldn't take my limited 2 plant experience with an F2 as an indicator of the rest of his stuff. I believe some of his stuff is also on canadaseedz. I have never used canadaseedz though and have heard stories that have kept me away.

Vandelay seeds. Found him through IG looking for anyone working with death bubba as it's my favorite strain. He has a website as well, packs are very reasonably priced and shipped out a couple days later. I got his Death Bubba Puffs cross, all seeds germed and are growing beautifully, huge fan leaves I'm very excited for these plants. Included a pack of freebies as well. I love the stuff he's working with and will be getting more for sure.

White Buffalo seeds they are the sativa seed guys of canada . I've only started running a couple seeds of their Jammer Haze, all popped and are growing. Honestly I'm not stressed about these as WBS have been in business for a long time, they have a lengthy episode on the pot cast and have a solid reputation for working their lines. That being said they are having a final sale as they are stepping away from the game for a while. They are currently selling a bunch of untested stuff for cheap ( they also mention that people are crazy to grow untested lines but that the demand is there and they are being very transparent ). That being said I grabbed their worked lines while they were available, they still have stock from a few of those lines as I type this but most of what is left is untested. For what it's worth, most and I mean most of what is available anywhere else is untested. Seldom are the breeders that test out their gear and even less are those who document it. 40$ a pack for legit worked lines is an easy buy-in from me.

I've ordered from a bunch of other vendors through the years from elsewhere in the world. Honestly I've never really had an issue anywhere, seeds always made it home except for an order that was delivered to the wrong address. Never had a customs issue.

Ace seeds are great though I don't think they ship to Canada anymore which is a shame. Their gear is available at a bunch of places though. Bangi Haze, Golden Tiger and Malawi x Panama were all great for me.

Sannies seeds but I'm not sure if they're still in business.

Terpfi3nd out in the US. He has a lot of really cool lines and stuff he works with. Website is legit and easy to order from.

SoCal seed vault out in the US as well, easy communication and has a discord channel too. Haven't run anything yet but got a couple packs.

Greenpoint seeds I used to order when they had the auctions. Got a bunch of different stuff from them, made me realise that people overthink the whole seed shipping thing nowadays. They would just send this tiny round plastic container with seeds in it on a felt cushion, inside this big bubble wrap envelope. Like zero stealth lol but they sent out tons of seeds, seemed to work fine for them. Grew out a bunch of stuff Texas Chem, Copper Chem, Dubstep and some animal cookie crosses found some interesting plants but also some duds. Haven't ordered from there in a while though.

Real Gorrilla seeds, only one order but the fastest overseas order I've ever received. Two days from the UK to my door. Got some Verdant Green Bubba crosses which I am more than excited to run.

MrNice seeds from when they had the auctions but I've had a bunch of hermies in their plants so I stopped growing their stuff. I'm sure there are some gems but whatever.

KGBeans in the UK. Grew out his Psychosis BX2 and though it wasn't what I hoped, he delivered and process was painless.

Finally, Great Lake Genetics. Got some Bodhi stuff which they always have plenty of. They sent out a shirt with the seeds and they hid them in a way that made me think they had forgot to send the seeds at first. Super stealth if that's what you're after. Cash in the mail though which is a bit of a hassle but I'm being picky. Great company that sends out plenty freebies too.

All in all, there is plenty of vendors in Canada, this is just my list and I know I'm actually forgetting a few I've bought from. There are more and more nowadays so just do a little research before ordering and you'll be fine.
🤟🇨🇦🔥😉

Terp_Fi3nd

Here are my experiences here in Canada.. honestly IG is where it's at nowadays but there are also plenty websites.

Made a few orders with JOTI over the years but last order was 3 years ago. Can be slow to process orders at times and had to write twice after a few weeks to ask what was up but always ended up getting what I ordered and more. Grew out Black Funk Dawg and Black Garlic both were nice and resembled the description. Grew out Deep Purple as well which 3 plants were all quite different, one leaning to the PK another to the BB and the 3rd one having a cheese vibe on a more solid structure and less leafy than cheese. That being said the whole story around that company is weird, whether it was sold or not as some point and changed ownership, why the recent drop pics are all so shoddy and why they never seem to know anything when you ask about strain info on IG. They still run really cheap promos but my personal opinion is that I'm weary of a seed company that has constant stock of over 200 different strains, most of which were created over a decade ago, stemming from more than a dozen different lines, who are all outcrossed to different plants. There is no way you are keeping hundreds of parental plants in constant flower all in different rooms in order to keep fresh seed stock. Nobody selling seeds is a wizard. That being said if all their lines are still what they say they are they need to be a little more transparent about their operation. Idk maybe I'm wrong about this, but the lack of any kind of up to date info about parental plants in their crosses turns me away. Some simple comparisons; breeders like Ace, Hyp3rids or 7east all have descriptions of the lineage, what filial generation the cross is at, how it's been worked, by whom etc. That gives me confidence of what I might be working with when I get a pack of seeds. In the end, albeit some good experiences in the past, I'm steering clear in the future, way too many seed sources to choose from nowadays.

Lucky 13 seeds was easy to deal with, only grew out the Roadkill OG which didn't turn out as strong as I had hoped based on description but structure and smell were pretty spot on. My friends liked it, just wasn't my thing, not a strong stone more of a munchie vibe with minimal couchlock. Came with a couple freebies too.

Barriegrower on IG works with modern genetics mostly, haven't grown out what I got from him yet but he has some nice promos he runs and bunch of his stuff has won contests, like Korean BBQ.

7east genetics. They run some nice promos and can get pretty cheap if you pay by Bitcoin it's always an extra 25% off. Lots of strains to choose from, with description of lineage and what work was done on the line. Haven't flowered anything from them yet but have some Blueberry Dragon Fire BX2, Tuna Breath and Death Breath in veg, perfect germ rates. That doesn't mean much to me honestly, I very rarely get seeds that don't pop and I pop hundreds a year. That being said, 7east is legit and they hook it up. I ordered 15 seeds and received around 80 I believe.

Burke's Beans. Haven't grown anything yet but he ran a cheap 20$ pack with a bunch of free packs so I hopped on the train as I'm a seed addict. Has an IG page and a website, cheap and affordable genetics.

Coastal Mary seeds. They have a website, they have their own line as well as carry other breeders work. I've grown their Harlequin CBD which is high CBD and barely any THC. I really liked those plants, easy to grow and great smell, different effects than most stuff I grew. Can't speak about the rest but they're legit.

Kropduster. Has a website as well as IG page, as well as through strainly I believe, runs some promos often. I ordered Black Tuna F3 and got a pack of Cambodian Crasher as well. Haven't grown them out yet but was easy to deal with a quick to ship.

Mephisto, not sure if they still have the Canadian website going but I grew autos for a short while a few years back and ordered through them a few times. Mephisto is great for autos, I grew the Double Grape x Sour Stomper, Sweet n Sour, AVT x 3BOG, Walter White, SODK, Skywalker OG, Toofless Alien, Strawberry Nuggets and Chemdoggin x CDLC. Everything was on point. Fave was Toofless and AVT.

Omuerta Genetic. Not sure if he's still around but got a couple packs from his website a few years back. His thousand Oaks because of the description of an abhorrent smell. Unfortunately I had an issue with that grow and had to harvest them way too early but the smell was pretty offensive. I didn't want to smoke them post cure, couldn't tell if it was the smell or because they weren't mature but others liked it. Anyways he hooked it up too with freebies he's legit.

Next Generation seeds. They have a website, I think it's a pretty old seed company, jay has an IG page as well. I ordered a pack of Island Sweet Skunk but I actually didn't order through the website but through The Cannabis Wonderland who was running a promo. Grew them out once and great uniform plants, decent stretch, strong branching and Christmas tree structure. I'm running them again currently, would recommend.

Sacred Cut. You can't go wrong with Sacred, as others have mentioned here, he's very legit. Available through emails IG or discord, I've also seen his stuff on canadaseedz. Also seen them on seedfantasy but at a ridiculous markup. Seriously don't pay 130$ plus whatever they're charging for shipping. He constantly runs promos where his packs are under 50$. Everything I've grown from him has been stellar, notably his FFC, GMO X FPOG, Sour Dubb x FPOG, Chementine, and Blueberry PacMac. I'm currently running more and will be running his stuff for a long time, I've been finding gems in there. My number one recommendation in Canada for sure.

Scallywag seed co. Paul is a guy with a huge cannabis library, or at least was, I know he now is part of a collective that grows on the legal market. He's still very present on IG and I believe while I was away for a bit he gave away a lot of said library but from my understanding he still might be selling seeds. I remember pics of his veg or conservation rooms and yeah that dude had a looot of genetics and knows a ton about strains. I've only grown his Blood of Winnie which is a the Blood x Winnie the Blue cross, smelled insanely like blueberries seriously one of the best smelling plants I've grown. I purchased it from Gibson's Greenery which has since been shutdown and that's a bummer because I got a ton of cheap gear from there.

Thumbprint genetics. Again I got most of his stuff through Gibson's which is now gone, haven't grown any of his stuff yet though I have plenty different packs. He learned from the Lucky13 seeds guy and has been doing his thing for a while now. Mostly IG I believe to get his stuff. Actually I remember I ran his Shiatsu Kush F2, just a couple plants one was useless, zero resin or anything, turned purple but reminded me of hemp. Wasn't smokable. The other was quite kushy, decent resin and structure. I guess it's to be expected with it being an F2, widening of gene pool and all. Wouldn't take my limited 2 plant experience with an F2 as an indicator of the rest of his stuff. I believe some of his stuff is also on canadaseedz. I have never used canadaseedz though and have heard stories that have kept me away.

Vandelay seeds. Found him through IG looking for anyone working with death bubba as it's my favorite strain. He has a website as well, packs are very reasonably priced and shipped out a couple days later. I got his Death Bubba Puffs cross, all seeds germed and are growing beautifully, huge fan leaves I'm very excited for these plants. Included a pack of freebies as well. I love the stuff he's working with and will be getting more for sure.

White Buffalo seeds they are the sativa seed guys of canada . I've only started running a couple seeds of their Jammer Haze, all popped and are growing. Honestly I'm not stressed about these as WBS have been in business for a long time, they have a lengthy episode on the pot cast and have a solid reputation for working their lines. That being said they are having a final sale as they are stepping away from the game for a while. They are currently selling a bunch of untested stuff for cheap ( they also mention that people are crazy to grow untested lines but that the demand is there and they are being very transparent ). That being said I grabbed their worked lines while they were available, they still have stock from a few of those lines as I type this but most of what is left is untested. For what it's worth, most and I mean most of what is available anywhere else is untested. Seldom are the breeders that test out their gear and even less are those who document it. 40$ a pack for legit worked lines is an easy buy-in from me.

I've ordered from a bunch of other vendors through the years from elsewhere in the world. Honestly I've never really had an issue anywhere, seeds always made it home except for an order that was delivered to the wrong address. Never had a customs issue.

Ace seeds are great though I don't think they ship to Canada anymore which is a shame. Their gear is available at a bunch of places though. Bangi Haze, Golden Tiger and Malawi x Panama were all great for me.

Sannies seeds but I'm not sure if they're still in business.

Terpfi3nd out in the US. He has a lot of really cool lines and stuff he works with. Website is legit and easy to order from.

SoCal seed vault out in the US as well, easy communication and has a discord channel too. Haven't run anything yet but got a couple packs.

Greenpoint seeds I used to order when they had the auctions. Got a bunch of different stuff from them, made me realise that people overthink the whole seed shipping thing nowadays. They would just send this tiny round plastic container with seeds in it on a felt cushion, inside this big bubble wrap envelope. Like zero stealth lol but they sent out tons of seeds, seemed to work fine for them. Grew out a bunch of stuff Texas Chem, Copper Chem, Dubstep and some animal cookie crosses found some interesting plants but also some duds. Haven't ordered from there in a while though.

Real Gorrilla seeds, only one order but the fastest overseas order I've ever received. Two days from the UK to my door. Got some Verdant Green Bubba crosses which I am more than excited to run.

MrNice seeds from when they had the auctions but I've had a bunch of hermies in their plants so I stopped growing their stuff. I'm sure there are some gems but whatever.

KGBeans in the UK. Grew out his Psychosis BX2 and though it wasn't what I hoped, he delivered and process was painless.

Finally, Great Lake Genetics. Got some Bodhi stuff which they always have plenty of. They sent out a shirt with the seeds and they hid them in a way that made me think they had forgot to send the seeds at first. Super stealth if that's what you're after. Cash in the mail though which is a bit of a hassle but I'm being picky. Great company that sends out plenty freebies too.

All in all, there is plenty of vendors in Canada, this is just my list and I know I'm actually forgetting a few I've bought from. There are more and more nowadays so just do a little research before ordering and you'll be fine.
Ty for the kind words

yahooman

I've been enjoying Sacred Cut Seed Co.'s work - he sells direct via email. You can join his discord where he posts sales, seed drops, and cuts. I've grown his Crozay Fruit (rozay x frosted fruit cake) and it was my favorite tasting weed out of my last grow. Sacred carries both reg and fem lines.

Last round I also grew out some Laughing Lion from Lucky 13 seeds (reg seeds that you can find his offerings via his website). Really enjoyed this one as well - this is my night time hash and out of a couple cultivars this is the one I consistently go to in the evening.
Is that the chem91 x la confidential?

Dubz92

I almost bought a pack of those,id grab a pack,but just received chem91 x chem d(big bad wolf) from csi humboldt.
What a coincidence, I just ordered a pack of chem 91 s1s from CSI.

These were the 2 phenos I got.

The first being a taller, sweeter, kushy plant (I’m assuming leaning more towards the lax)

The second being a shorter, more purple plant that needed additional calmag. It had more of a chem rubbery smell.

I’m pretty interested in seeing how chem 91 fairs on its own. I’ve heard good things about big bad wolf so that should be an interesting grow as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpeg
    IMG_0845.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0842.jpeg
    IMG_0842.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22

ccgnz

Hey,CC here,just signed on,in my late 50's been at it outdoors in MA.(USA) since 19 yrs old. Have done BCBD, GTA,Van Seed Bank,Hemp Depot,and Lucky 13 in the GW North.In 2010 had killer phenos,of JOI Blue God and Purps and a killer pheno of MMite seed co, Pur.SkunkX Big Bud,I don't do indoor so they came and went.Subsequent orders never replicated those phenos.JOI Blue God and Purps not close to the same. Am excited to pop L13's PB Herijuana, LLion, and FrostBerry this yr,hear good things about L13 and they work older lines heavily plus early flower is good in NEast,even though my 41.5 lat. is like Florida compared to growing in Can. outdoors,figure these strains will be really hardy as a lot of poly-hybrid X poly-hybrid chucking in the US now,I run some new fire on fire crosses(you can hit jackpot but it's a guessing game) so I like worked older strains also.Also going to be popping a GodX Big Freeze cross by Beanhorder from H. Depot (Brad's cool) this season also grabbed Beanhorder's "Blockhead (frosty pheno) but can't get it into this yrs. lineup. All the CAN banks came through order/custom wise for me,It sure does bum me that those 2010 phenos I mentioned are history,you could smell those strains through a sealed bucket.

Latest posts

Latest posts