What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can males turn hermie and produce beans ?

bakerman

Seed Junkie!:D
Veteran
I had 2 males,years apart!All male till showed female and made seeds!Havent sprouted so cant say if they'll germ!Might try so(but old seeds now) ,I can say that they will!

GrüneErd

i have a male papaya (nirvana) that didn't show any female flowers until flowering for about 2 weeks, just as the first pollen started droppin. but i can definitely see them now. i used it for some pollen chucking to make some beans, guess i'll finish him out and keep his self-beans as well :wave:
male-topshot.jpg

you can see the female flowers' silhouette on the top.
peace

BioShaman

Hi...I know this is an old post but Im a little curious. Recently this happened:
A friend gave me 3 huge ak47 seed one sprouted and it was male a nice beautiful male and it was purple never seen that colors on a male ak47 before.
So I kept him away from the females...it was a true male until i chopped off the top to pollinate my friends plants. The rest of the plant was kept under a tree with not much light and it hermied. It was because of the stress on the plant .

I have a bunch of male hermie pollen now? I already pollinated some white widow to make a home made white russian and have to pollinate 3 more and 3 more wrhinos too (just the lower buds).

will i have the normal male female ratio? more females? or more hermies?

What you all think?

regards,

Latest posts

Latest posts