What's new

Calling all Tree top growers

NotsoFla

My contribution, I just love growin in trees. Well, I have a decent ammount of experience and knowledge, certain things I had to and didnt have to do for my situation, I plan on doing it again, but will be movin so I dont know where.

Any particular questions ask, also I yielded 3 oz dry on 10 plants (100% female :)), They were smaller than expected, mostly my own damn fault in using soil with too little peat/pearl and old soil from previous tree grow 100% males. So yea, If i had done 100% FFOF or coco/soil ide be looking at over 1 lb. Also had to cut early due to mold, not tree fault but wierd weather and planting time (remember the previous 100% male run :(

enjoy

tukki

Hola tree growers. There has been a lot of conversation about watering the plants in a tree. I would try to use the rain water. when it rains the tree gets wet and you can see the water runing on its leafs or needles. why not tie a thread or other thin line to the tip of the branch and tie the other end inside the pot.By connecting several branches with lines to the pot the plant would get water at least when it rains. I think it might work best on spruce and other trees with thick needle mat on the branches.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Climbing trees is easy if you learn how to do it and can know how to employ certain techniques that making lifting yourself up and supplies as easy as pulling a rope.

GrnMtFinn

ilovethewest, the limbs on my tree are dead all the way up to around 50 feet or so. so long as they are thicker than your wrist, they are climbable. when i climb, i make sure ymy weight is evenly dispersed throughout all four limbs. so basically i am always doing some "lifting" with my arm strength and trying not to put too much pressure on the branches with my feet. staying nice and tight to the tree is a must. I don't have any rock climbing equipment, but i assume a setup like that would work nicely. not the stealthiest thing though with a bunch of ropes hanging off the tree. I have to worry about hunters. but i don't like the idea of harnesses and ropes and things for fear of hanging. if i fall, i fall. natural selection i guess.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Also, when people start to get high up they get freaked out and this usually leads to split second decisions that get you hurt. Your not an Olympic climber take your time and only lift yourself to the next branch when your comfortable. If your already standing on a secure branch stand there and carefully think out your next move. You don't need to rush and if the branch is secure you aren't going anywhere. This will allow you to move at a safe, steady, pace.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Any ropes I use GrnMtnFinn are never left behind and if they are I hide them in the foliage. I never leave ropes swinging from the tree. Anything I use is easily collapsible.

I found the thread someone was talking about earlier on RIU.

This guy does his climbing BAREFOOT! That's just insane! I'd use my kitesurf harness and some ropes for sure.
http://www.rollitup.org/outdoor-growing/18166-growing-tree.html

I'd also use the Zenit Fotosnaiper for a cover story ( not much use though with a large plant strapped to your back) :D
fotosnaipermy9.jpg

:tiphat:

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
its actually easier to climb barefoot. from what i can tell people that rock climb, etc.
use very light shoes with almost no sole in them. humans technically are better suited without shoes. some of the best runners in Africa (they can run 1,000's of miles in a month) do it barefoot. when climbing barefoot i noticed its a lot easier to grab onto branches and you can feel things much better.
seems like a lot of people are using these now.
322433-work-five-fingers.jpg

i grow

quick thought

quick thought

How about a slew of AF? would mean smaller pots or mutiple plants per pot and by the time they would be needing alot of water you could be starting on your second harvest!just adding some fuel for the fire IG:wave:

i've been contemplating this for years...

my biggest concern i hunters finding them. hunters are (usually) not stupid/unaware. my brother, for example, could spot something in a tree while looking for deer from hundreds of yards away.... he has very sharp eyes, but still...

i will post more when it isn't so late, but i've got a few ideas that yall might find interesting.

...+ a few extra plants with no homes :) lets see how it goes

Grant

I was considering this, and i know areas where i could do it, but i just don't think its worth it for me to have to travel to a guerrilla spot and climb a tree, when i could just travel to the guerrilla spot.

G

Guest129216

I'm doing it. Check my growlog. It is for people with special interest in trees and/or climbing.

I was considering this, and i know areas where i could do it, but i just don't think its worth it for me to have to travel to a guerrilla spot and climb a tree, when i could just travel to the guerrilla spot.

Grant makes a good point........

Villasukka

Summer has been quite great so far. I've been growing some high as well. I have 8 female and 1 male (whoa!) lowryders on 70Liter container, and a bit higher above forest canopy, two Passion #1 female cuttings.

Lowryders planted half of june, at the same time the passion cuttings were also transplanted. After transplanting, passions grew a lot of 3-finger leaves and showed some female preflowers.. vegging normally now though.

Been really hot and slacked the watering yesterday so the passions look really sad, but luckily not dying! As of now water consumption is somewhere near 5 liter per container once a week total.

treewj.jpg

thizzness

Whoa this idea just blew my mind. I just spent the day scouting for some guerrilla grow spots but I never thought about going up into the trees. I'm going out tomorrow to look for a giant tree that can hold...a thousand pounds or so. I've got a really ambitious idea of building a treetop platform to hold a 65 gallon smart pot, with a giant rainwater reservoir somewhere above it and blumats to auto-water. Sound feasible? But if that doesn't work out I have a ton of auto seeds that I've been looking to put to use...

BornBlazed

My Hidden Cannabis Tree Top Grow

My Hidden Cannabis Tree Top Grow

Here's my Cannabis Tree Top Grow.:dance013: I had too Put the Container's up in the tree first then pull up the dirt in a napsack inside large freezer bags. I also do the same thing with water, just pull it up too the top with a rope.

Please Subscribe too my Youtube Channel for Updates!
[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zYf_mG26Gs[/YOUTUBEIF]

G

My mate grew two 10 foot plants in a tree in his back yard.
Excellent results, he would bbq and have the relatives over to visit.
They were none the wiser.
Took a bit of elbow grease removing them from their growing platforms though.