What's new

C99 x Super Silver Haze

G

A few Questions if you dont mind

A few Questions if you dont mind

Hello Nexus!

Those do look great. C99 is my alltime favorite. Never had SSH. Which one is more powerful? I was wondering how many of those beans have been grown out? The reason I ask is that I know C99 is very stable and does not have many phenos, and SSH as you mentioned does have some variation. So I wanted to know how consistant the cross turned out? Looks to be SSH dominate to me, but not completely sure? Would love to see some dry bud shots so keep em coming!!

THANKS!

solo :joint:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Nexus

Really outstanding work there - well done. This gives hope to anyone thinking of performing home crosses!
I just did some Original Skunk#1 X Flo and Malawi Gold X Flo to try and get a new line of super-fat but super-trippy varieties. And my Mystery Strain X Flo in a few weeks.
When you mention using ten C99 males - was that random pollenation, or did you cross 10 clones of SSH with a separate male? Just interested in how you're tracking the progress of the traits, if any?

G

and a "hello" to you solo ... i feel the same way about C99 and would like to shake your hand ... which has more potency? c99, or ssh? hard call ... imo, the are very different all around (both are connoisseurs grade) the SSH has raw potency, extreme flavor, extreme vigor, extreme yield, the actual quality of the "high" i find leans more towards medicinal status ... it is a tad bit "unfocused" if you will ..SSH takes her time to finish ... the C99 has fabulous potency, fabulous flavor, weak stemmed, moderate to low yield (however there are some larger yielding c99 pheno's, especially in F2 generations), C99 ripens before you blink your eye! IMO,i really appreciate the "high" that C99 delivers, she rarely makes me tired, or brings me down, and after 7 years of smoking her I am still not tired of her ...no other strian has performed like that for me personally ..

now about your next question ...on the test i had 100 % germination of 16 seeds ... a 50/50 split of males & females ... 8 females were 12/12 'ed very early at 1 foot in height ... now c99 is a very stable strain..., all the plants generally look like each other with subtle difference in pheno's leading from one plant to the next ... SSH, on the other hand, in my experience you HAVE to be picky & KNOW what you are looking for in mother selection, it's a pain in the ass the grow out & select, but that is what has to be done if you want the VERY best ... but man oh man > SSH is a champion no doubt about it

ok , now out of 8 female SSH x C99 there are two distinct pheno's an indica dominate, and a sativa dominate... 3 indica's & 5 sativa's ... the indica's are identical, and the sativa's are identical ... i could not be more pleased ... the indica dominates finished @ 68 days and are what have been displayed ... the sativa dominate will go 70 > 75 days and will be displayed soon ... they are outrageous! and yes this cross is following the SSH path in terms of vigor, phenotype expression, fat ass yield, but the flowering time is quicker & i can not hardy wait to see what kind of character the C99 adds to the "quality" of the high ... you have good eyes and are perceptive ...thank you for showing an interest SOLO ...

hi elevator man ... thank you kind sir ... rest assured i am a mother bear when it comes to these girls ... i track & monitor the progress of ALL traits ...

this cross SSH x C99 displayed was produced with two of my own "mother SSH" female clones ... they were flowered out n companionship with & freely pollinated naturally with 10 F2 C99 males of my own breeding & selection ... in 6 years i have found nothing but goodness in the C99 gene pool , no pheno's of C99 were to be excluded ... i could have used more c99 males if i wanted to

N

Neptune

looks fantastic nexus.... really like the growth in top cola... phat!

G

solo ... nice plant ... nice dry bud ... i want to smoke it with you ...yes ... one glance and i can tell you have a good c99 F2 .. i have hundreds of shots of C99 both F1, and F2 , let me try to find some decent ones to display for you .....btw, joey weed got his f1's in the same manner and the same time that i did via RC, you know him? RC had the BG F1 ... so, between joey weed and the GN '03 collection, they about had a lock on C99F2 ... i have consistently heard & seen very good reports from growers who sources from both those venders ... their seeds seem to represent very true C99

strain whore ... very funny

neptune ... thank you ... check these ones out, they are from the more sativa dominate group ... moving right along

Burt

Veteran
:yoinks: I don't know what to say!
Impressive just doesn't seem to do the trick here!
Please tell me you will be making that big 'ole bag of seeds available on sbay?

G

yes burt ... i think that is the best way & i want to keep them as inexpensive as it can be done ... i've had a lot of pm's asking the same question ... i'm not in it for the $ , just to spread good karma & hope it comes back to me ... pot is a blessing not a curse!

Burt

Veteran
I'm holding off on buying the SSH genetics from MN for now.
I want your cross instead!
Would you care to elaborate on your feeding regimen sometime as well? I've been following your thread on your killer pheno SSH over on MN's forum and I'm going bug-eyed with lust
Please update this thread when you post them up on sbay-you've done a wonderful job with these!
peace...

G

burt .. you make me :redface: ... but please, you owe it to yourself to buy SSH from shantibaba ... he has it, he bred it, he is the man & the source of what started this ... get these as a treat for yourself, but buy a LOT from mr nice please!

Burt

Veteran
I LOVE shantibaba's work and have shark shock-AKA great white on the way!
You've combined 2 of my faves here-and I don't have to look for that killer SSH pheno!

N

Neptune

Im curious how these grow in Sea of Green, and HDsog?
What can one expect on yeild, stretch? If flowered at 6-8" will they finish under 3 ft?

I would be inclined to run a high density Sea of Green, 20-25 plants per 600w lamp, in 3 gallon bags of promix/ffox blend.

Here is the current style I have in mind:

G

you got the right stuff neptune ...

you easily can sog them, just go to 12/12 early & keep the branching down

for example ... plants tested in 2 gallon grow bags with 50% perlite & 50% grow mix ... 3 test plants weighed in @ 600+ grams wet weight after chop ... pretty darn good for 2 gallons of root space

here is a shot for solo .. it is C99 F1 Brothers Grimm, one of my better pics of a plant that was grown out in 1999

G

might be tuff to keep SSH x C99 under 3 feet unless you flower early (depends on how much light they get)

G

these help represent my original mother stock of c99 F1 ... the seeds from these female plants were used to find and select the F2 males that were eventually used as the pollen stock for the SSH x C99 cross ...

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
wow, I whish I had this cross. did you tried it outdoor? good job. keep it up. :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts