What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butte's 2007 Outdoor - "In the trenches..."

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Loss for words

Loss for words

Butte I'm at a loss for words..congrats on the nomination....just let me loose with my Canon and lenses for a day? I'm in compliance as well....thanks for sharing...Dr. Duck.

Last edited:
G

Damn Butte,
I keep coming here wanting to see how you are doing. I hope you can upload soon. Maybe if you uploaded as the same file name as older files you will overwrite existing files and therefore pull it off that way? Just my 2 cents. Great thread none-the-less. I wish I knew you better, I am not that far away (Washington State)

Butte

Veteran
Got the water results back from the lab. These are the results of my well water after running it through The System. :jump:

WaterTestResults.sm.jpg

WaterTestSummary.sm.jpg

When I had the iron and manganese tested back in March they registered 1280 and 2560 ug/L respectively. They’re now down to 50 and 10. I couldn’t be happier. Well, maybe the garden could be doing better :smoke:

- Butte

T

terran2

Butte said:
Thanks Esbe, but I still can't upload to this site. Support doesn't seem to care and it's only because I want to share these gardens that I'm still screwing around with this at all. It's actually a major PITA to get these photos up on this thread in the first place, much less having to screw around with upload problems. I'm certain it's on the IC side as I get the same response from different machines and even tried registering a new username. Oh well.

Happy growing - Butte

keep trying ...i use imageshack after using windows "powertoys" resizing software
http://imageshack.us/

Sorry to hear of your problems this year , just lost a round of babies due to the oldest mistkae in the book --->overwatering . And what should have been an easy effortless elegant start turned into 3 weeks of added labor & stress trying to salvage and nurse the rest back to health . Sure was a hard lesson to learn , but it was a lessson learned and not to be repeated .

* The easiest outdoor grow i ever did was vegging some original Sensi NL's indoors from May 15th to July 1rst in 5gals.... then preflowered them 12/12 for another two weeks and then placed them outside in the back yard in 1/2 wine casks with full 6-8hrs of sun . They raced on thru august putting on another 3 1/2 ft and was an easy 1.25lbs per plant all top grade .

The beauty was they were done and harvested on sept 15th , not needing to go a day longer and just as good as if grown indoors with almost all bud useable .

** Often thought the best way to grow "outdoors" was to rent a nice secluded expensive House with a huge 40' x 60' backyard with hot tub & swimming pool ....plant 20-30 large containers of the above prevegged & flowered plants around the fenced in area up against a greened hedge . Then spend the summer watching them put on a pound plus each occassionally getting up from the Hot Tub & pool to tend & water them . That's $120K summer of just swimming & relaxing ...

what can i say , i'm just lazy , lol

Last edited:

Dkgrower

Veteran
Nice butte, to here that the ozon system is doing is job-

I has been a true pleasure to see your fellow growers gradens and your own,

Keep it up, cya

Last edited:
R

Ronley

What an amazing inspiration to us all Butte. I am happy that I just found this thread.

elkslayer

Great thread, comments, and pics thus far, Butte. Perhaps the best/informative OD thread I have read too date.

Here's some advance Karma for 08.

ES

hazy

Veteran
my nephew was in town telling me how great california was. telling me about 8' tall 10' across plants. now i know what he was talking about.

Great job butte. Thanks for sharing some friends grows too. Love the one with his arms out, gives great idea of the size of those massive bushes!

Butte

Veteran
Morning all

Had a friend stop in with some more garden photos. You should recognize two of these three from earlier in the year. Everything is filling out nicely now...

2007.09.16.NWSierraBeds.jpg

2007.09.16.SierraGarden.jpg

2007.09.16.UnkonownSierraGa.jpg

...and my garden...

2007.09.22.Composite.jpg

2007.09.22.ChuckyAndSoma.jpg

2007.09.22.MendoPurps.R1.FR.jpg

2007.09.22.MendoPurps.Close.jpg

These two branches are from the same plant!

2007.09.22.PurpsBranch.jpg

And another shot of that same plant showing the damage the soil is doing:

2007.09.22.PurpsFertDamage.jpg

The astute will see some plants on the ground in the composite. Those were culled this weekend since I didn’t feel they would finish into anything I would want. I feel the garden has better energy by taking them out and getting the space cleared asap is a bit of a new priority for me. The sooner I can start in on “fixing” that soil, the sooner I can get it back in the ground to mellow for the winter. My hope is to get all the work done before the major rains start.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments and stay safe in this last home stretch!!!

Happy growing - Butte

Butte

Veteran
Regarding image uploads here is what I know and maybe someone can help...

1. I have satellite internet. This shouldn’t matter as I get the same response on three different machines using two different satellite providers and DSL service.
2. When I try to upload, the site appears to be uploading the file (“Preparing to process image list”) only to skip the approval screen and give me the message “No more images found.”
3. I get the same response regardless of file size or location (ie pointing to a URL doesn’t work either)
4. I’ve tried registering other user names on IC to use as a “library” and these accounts locked up as well.
5. Nothing happens when I check the box to “Skip upload and process the files in your upload directory”
6. Since there is no limit on file size, I am inclined to believe it has something to do with the dimensions of my pictures as it worked for a while, then I accidentally pointed to a non-resized photo and it locked up for good.
7. Last year when this happened I was able to ftp to another site and it then ICMag uploads worked. I think this may have been a fluke as it didn’t fix it this time, but I want to get all the info out there.
8. I can still upload files of any size or type to other sites right now.

Soooo, my current theory is there is some sort of ‘reset’ switch on the backend that needs to be flipped and have my image queue or upload directory cleared out. Until then, crappy images and fewer of them...

- Butte

G

Look at those trees!!!!!!

Cali is the place to be........
Happy,HUGE and in peace!!!!
Sorry about the upload probs Butte??

G

I think you've found the Garden of Eden. Cali is definitely where it's at. Big ups to all of you Cali cats doing it not big, but HUGE! Really sorry not to be able to see your garden in full swing. I'm wishing you all the best for next season already. I'm sure it'll be one for the books.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amazing stuff, butte! Thanks for sharing! Your garden isn't that bad.... :D

Best of luck in figuring out your soil and uploading problems..... :drum:

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Let these pictures of the awesome Cali gardens motivate us Mid west or eastern cats, to show our true skills next season! One has to realize the care given a garden like that. And ofcourse not haveing to fear the law! Awesome and amazeing come to mind Butte! Would love to walk amoungst something like that atleast once in my life! For now your pics will take me there!

Butte

Veteran
Last night was our turn to host a garden tour/ dinner and we had a wonderful time late into the night. A few updated photos...

2007.09.25.Peaches.jpg

2007.09.25.F13.jpg

2007.09.25.JohnnyBlaze.jpg

2007.09.25.RhinoWreck1.jpg

2007.09.25.Trellis.jpg

2007.09.25.TrellisDetail.jpg

I only wish everyone could see all the photos, though, as they are truly beautiful. It was hard to pick “the best”. :smoke:

Happy growing all - Butte

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
7710DANG.jpg

what more can I say? Thats one great garden rite thar!

What strain is the purple one?

Those pics with the forest behind the plants looks like it could have been taken right in my neighborhood. Beautiful plants!!