What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butte's 2007 Outdoor - "In the trenches..."

G

Butte said:
2007.09.12.MasterGardner5.jpg

(High End - this plant ended up herm'ing just recently)

That is one big herm :bashhead: :fsu:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Damn that is one pissed off herm! lol
Excellent kick ass !@*&!()*@& grow butte. I wish one day I will be able to grow outside..... does California allow you to grow outside? I know Eddy Lepp does... but is there a certain area where you can't? Like if you live in the city or do you need to live in a certain area outside the city to grow outside?

Dr.Dutch said:
How in the world do you grow a plant that big!!!!??? Its like a freak of nature. Did they veg it inside for years or something or dig a big ass hole and shit? I have no clue?? How is this done???

Mother nature and human intervention. He vegged them a bit then put them outside :)

His system he has setup the way he does things helps a lot too... read from the beginning of the thread he explains his setup :)

Last edited:

Elysian Fields

Magnificent Butte, one of thee best outdoor grows I've seen on here. I know your back must be killing you, I'm just tired looking at all that work involved, day in, day out.

Ely

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome stuff butte! Thanks for sharing with us! I would definately trash the pollen from the hermi. Even though it was at the very end of flower, there's likely a good chance the hermi tendency is in the pollen.... With seed laying around or friends growing out plants from seed, shouldn't be too hard to find known males for selection and pollination..... Unless, of course, you want a little side project.... :D

Last edited:
G

What do you do when that one monsters turns Homi on you? It is shame to hack her down.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Best Regards to brother Butte & friends.

Congrats to those who did well out there & condolences to those who experienced difficulties- farming. Here goes a 10 1/2 pound snowcap in the old 6 ft dia container (see one gal jug down low right) from your bro's in Mendocino. Just wait till next year eh? Thinkin of a master plan :) Enjoy your free time this winter one & all. Tom

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice tree Tom! 10.5 lbs, I believe it! Can't wait until next year! I'm proud of you guys out there... :headbange

Big Brother

Plamts in the open

Plamts in the open

Looks like the landscpe site had I was doing in the Spring 2007, did some work with a bobcat and the owner was old friend so we planted a few pure females in total sun area and at 10 months the plants were as big as palm trees. The one below is one that I started during hioliday season 2006 and was harvested about 8 feet in height and more than 6 feet around, The picture is during the first 90-120 of vegeatation stage. :joint:

Butte

Veteran
Nicely done, Tom!

Thanks everyone for coming along for the ride and, into the winter, Butte Farms will be a bit calmer, but not by much!

I also want to remind everyone that the majority of the plants in this thread were not mine, but the wonderful healing gardens of fellow medical patients. Thanks again to all of them for allowing us a peek into their passion…

Time to kick back and start evaluating what strains are working for me and which aren’t! :rasta: :yes:

N

Neptune

enjoyed reading this one to the end, good to see the outdoor pros at work butte. thanks for sharing...

big trees tom, you're the man.

T

terran2

Butte said:
Nicely done, Tom!

Thanks everyone for coming along for the ride and, into the winter, Butte Farms will be a bit calmer, but not by much!

I also want to remind everyone that the majority of the plants in this thread were not mine, but the wonderful healing gardens of fellow medical patients. Thanks again to all of them for allowing us a peek into their passion…

Time to kick back and start evaluating what strains are working for me and which aren’t! :rasta: :yes:

Sure was a fun ride Butte ....always like to hear more though . Love to find out a little more from the masters about all their different approaches to soil/media preparation , nute mixes & fert/water schedules and all the other discussions of strain performance . Always trying to find that strain with the yield combined with as much of an indoor/greehouse appearance & best quality as possible . Also about the different approaches of organics vs salt based nutes and what techniques people found that worked for them out under the full sun.

Yep the winter will soon be here but so will Spring as the world flys , and nows the time to seek all those new possible strains to try for next season

(be happy to do my part in seeking out the best of he best for next years plantings ...was limited to just around the house this year to PK , God's Gift , and some NL/BBerrys all turned out fine )

cheers ,

here's to next year !

;o)

t2

Last edited:

Butte

Veteran
DryTime2007.jpg

:yummy: :yes:

btw - before anyone jumps on me, the heater is set at 65 and the humidity at 55%...

- Butte

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great job Butte! Looks like a pretty good harvest despite the soil problems! :yes:

Excellent idea controlling the envronment in the drying area.... Better safe than sorry especially if its workable!

Got any flower close ups?

Butte

Veteran
Sorry pipeline, I wasn't really motivated to shoot much more than is already up. Get's pretty busy around this time of year, too...

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Hmmmmm.....Tom, I see you were not kidding when you mentioned the casting shadow's thing! Nicely done.....can you/anyone tell us more about this line/cut?

B

Brain

I've grown the Snocap indoors. Great yeilder, super stinky, not that potent. Nice work Butte. This thread has been extremely educational.

What kind of lights did you string up early on to keep them in veg?

Tom Hill

Veteran
I wish I could show you more pics but like Butte I got busy as a mofo & didn't have time to play cameraman very often this fall.

Snowcap is a glorified Mexican bud (maybe a little low grade indica bred in there too). I do not care for it at all, & am sure any of us would do better rifling through a mere 10 mexican brick seeds. I thought SCBB was a much much better smoke than this stuff is. The only reason I grew any this year at all was because I saw what a great start Butte was off to & got a little nervous :D (He'll nail the hell out of it '08 betcha) It doesn't come in until November & so has a good 2 weeks veg time on most lines we run- hence the large yield- but care for it I don't.

Best Regards,
Tom

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts