What's new

building a champion- 400watt dual-chamber grow cab

treble

I'm sitting in on this one darrinjefferson. your plans look good man.. lotta nice ideas and some excellent advice... I gotta few tucked away for later

cant wait to see your progress

peace
treb

darrinjefferson

treb- thanks alot man..i actually have started this grow already.
i am growing 4 bagseeds and 5 cascadia (ak trainwreck x love potion)
today is day 11 for my ladies and they are doing great.
i was going to start a grow diary as soon as i get my cab built and in.
but ya never know...might start it this week. we will see

later bro

BabyHughie

darrinjefferson said:
treb- thanks alot man..i actually have started this grow already.
i am growing 4 bagseeds and 5 cascadia (ak trainwreck x love potion)
today is day 11 for my ladies and they are doing great.
i was going to start a grow diary as soon as i get my cab built and in.
but ya never know...might start it this week. we will see

later bro

geeze darrin hurry up with that cab already, SHEESH! :moon: :biglaugh:

cascadia sounds like something that I would like to see! Whose the breeder on that one?

dwtc

TheGhost said:
Hey darrinjefferson,
Thanks for the mention and links man, your too kind. :smile:

Good luck with the new cab man, if you have any more questions just fire away and I will do my best to help where I can.

As killabrown420 has said, this cab will be a humming machine so think safety first.
Just a couple of comments at this stage, if you mount your exhaust fan in your electrical chamber, you will be able to remove the pvc pipe connecting the scrubber to the fan. Just mount the scrubber through the wall into the electrical chamber and when you turn the fan on it will vent out and create a vacuum in the electrical chamber which will pull the hot air through the scrubber into the electrical room and out of the grow. This way you can vent out your electrical chamber with the same fan.

later
Ghost

i vent my cab through my electrical area and it helps keep the ballest cool. i can leave my hand on it "forever" without burn. i do something differant though, i vent my 400hps seperatly from my cab. my cab stays around 5 to 10 degrees of ambient temps depending on the season.

when i attach my scrubber to the back, the sound of the fan gets muffled, so much so that you can't here it from across the garage,,,,,,,,,dwtc

darrinjefferson

babyhughie- well my friend the cab is coming along nicely. its at least all built. i just need to do a few finishing touches befroe i can get it in my room. paint and sealing it, etc. should be in by the end of this week.

dwtc- thanks for the helpful advice bro.

oh and my ladies are now on day 16 and are lookin awesome. i will post a pic or two in the next couple days.

and thae bredder of the cascadia seeds i am unsure off. i recieved them from another member here at at ic his name is Bacchus. they should be fun to grow.

late

Last edited:

darrinjefferson

Almost there

Almost there

well....it has been awhile since i have posted in my thread. Some good news is that my cab is just waiting on paint and then it is complete. Also my ladies are on day 27 of veg. they are awaiting a transplant that will happen as soon as i get the cab in. this should be early next week.

i was worried that they would be getting really rootbound being in only the little keg cups but with as much as they are still growing i think they will be fine till next week. after i get them transplanted i should have recieved my 400watt in the mail and i will veg them under the mh bulb for another week or two. during this time i will be lsting them and start to give them some flower nutes.

so if all goes to plan i should be flowering here in the next 2 weeks or so.
my ladies are looking awesome btw, the new botanicare nutes i have been giving them are amazing. liquid karma is incredible.

also i got a little extra help on my cab and i think everyone should be fairly impressed. it looks really good and is super strong. i also put the fan on top of my cab in its own box with the ballast and power strip so that the only thing in the actual cab is my cooltube and soon to be carbon scrubber. this should give me at least another 6in of grow height.

well heres some pics of my ladies from today.
i am also hoping that they will show sex before i actually put them into flower. as of now no one is showing.

cascadia

group shot 5 on the right are cascadia 4 on the left are 2 dif types of bagseed. i grew out one of em last time and had great results.

this is the bagseed that i have already grown

well thats it for now. i cant wait to get my ladies into their new home. i will also be starting a grow diary as soon as i get my new cab in.

late

Your planning looks good and you know what you want. The htg supply deal is probably the best on the net, but if your looking to save a few more bucks checkout the elf carbon scrubbers at BG hydro.com, they are only about 50 bucks. The space you have doesnt require a can50 which i believe is just over 100. Goodluck and be safe!

treble

Hey DJ

making some good progress I see. good to hear and she sounds like the mother of all grow boxes. Like Babyhughie I thought you were a newb but seems you got the whole thing down....

looking forward to the diary... you got a full on audience now... way to sell it I reckon... trickle a bit of info out.... get the interest up

so. we're all interested, hanging now for the whole tomali(?)

laterz
treb

darrinjefferson

FINALLY!!!

FINALLY!!!

well i would like to thank everyone whi herlped me out on this cab. my dreams became a reality.

i finally got the cab built and painted and in my room. the only piece i am missing now is my 400watt. which i bought on ebay last week and am still waiting for it to ship out.

other than that i transplanted my ladies into bigger square pots, and they already are looking sooo much better.i was worried that being in the keg cups for about 31 days might have caused them to become rootbound...but that was not the case.

well i gotta roll....time to get out the ol wisdom teeth.'

thanks for everyone for sticking around and all your comments.

now without further adue

transplant

insde

the one plant left in the keg cup i double planted..cut off the bottom of its cup and put it in another. just till i can sex xome of em.
also until i get my 400 i have them under 315 watts of cfls.

i will be starting a growdiary very soon.

late

darrinjefferson

just for anyone who is still following my thread i have finally recieved my 400watt mh/hps light and got it all installed.

i also have started up a grow diary. so if you would like to continue with me youy can go here
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36366

i also have 5 females now and i unkown. i cant wait to see what happens.

later and thanks for everyones input.

alk_loid

i dont get it .

u say
-flower chamber 36" x 48" x 25"- this of course is my favorite chamber. the actual grow space is going to be 6.25sq/ft. and with a 400watt HPS this will
but
3feet x 4 feet isnt 6 ? its more like 12. im i calculating wrong or u ?

jordas

alk... the box is 3 feet wide and 25 inches deep...thats how he figures 6.25 sq/ft of floor space (growing area) not the cubic feet of the entire box....