What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400watt champ in action

darrinjefferson

*****Latest Grow Starts On Page 5*****

hello everyone
i am so happy to be finally starting a grow diary. i have been planning and working on a cab design and build since 7/9/06 and decided not to start a grow thread till i got my 400 watt . well that time has finally come.

for anyone who wants to get more up to date can visit my thread in the design forum
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=31212

it has alot about what i wanted to do and what i finally ended up building.

so heres some basics for my grow.

i have a cab thats 3'W x 20"D x 4'H.
there is also a box on the top which is 30"W x 20"D x 13"H
in the top box there is my fan ballast and power supply.

i am running a 400watt hps/mh. right now i have the 400watt mh bulb in to veg a little more.

i started with 9 plants and so far have ended up with 5 females and 1 unknown the rest were all male. so a good ratio. i have 4 cascadia and 1 really good bag seed that i have grown before.

here it is

so heres my cab as of today.

box on top

the only unknown is the back left one.

i am using botanicare nutes with a few other included. also i have a good soil mix from my local garden center.

as you can see i have pulled my ladies over to utilize my space better and to hopefully produce way more bud. i also just transplanted them about a week ago and they are doing awesome. i will probably veg them for about another week and them flip them to 12/12. also all my temp are realy good. 66-70 lights off and 75-77 lights on. i have a DIY cooltuble hooked up to a 309cfm elicent fan.

if any one has any thought comments or suggestions i would love to hear them.

my biggest concern is that they wont be filled out enough in a week, i could let them go longer, but im just not sure. i know that theyn will stretch alot and fill out a ton. so if any one has any help bring it on.

until my next post
late

Last edited:

BabyHughie

Don't mind if tag along do ya Darrin? :D

I dig the cabinet I want to build one myself cabinets are sick man always dug a sweet cabinet. :D

darrinjefferson

be my guest babyhughie, the more the merrier.
this grow should get alot more exciting in about a week when i flower them.
good to see ya again too.

later

darrinjefferson

figure its bout time for an update. the ladies are on day 2 of flower. all my plants are greta except one of them is having trouble with its side shoots growing. we will see if flower stretchs her.

maj- temps are great. lights off they are bout 68-70 and lights on they are about 78-82. all of the plant are really loving this big light.

waster- thanks man. i am really enjoying growing in this cab so far. i need to put my mylar in and seal of the air ways abit. just a few more little things and the cab will be solid.

i also took clones of 4 of the plants. i put them in ziploc bags in the fridge to see if they will last a few weeks more.

clones

lst'd cascadia

cab shot day 2 flower

later

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
darrinjefferson said:
cab shot day 2 flower

later

High darrinjefferson :wave: Sweet setup...I like your choice for nutrient also :yes: I can see you did your research and put countless hours of time into this project...and it's paying off in a big way....

That's one sweet canopy bro!

peace

-VT-

darrinjefferson

thanks alot teddybud. i will probably do an update in the next day or two to show how much they have grown.
today is day 4 of 12/12 and i cant already see them getting super big. I LOVE iT!!
it sucks tho cause one of the casc. is having problems. none of its side growth is very big..all under 2". im hoping it will stretch well here soon.
other than that the 3 other casc. and my 1 bagseed are really doing fantastic.
i also saw your casc in the breeders forum. they look really good. i want to try and get ahold of a couple other new beans to try. i gotta look into that.

later

thanks for the support

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heya Darrin
great setup you made yourself there ...i read up on ya disignthread and it looks quite nice...
you also got some quite healty looking girls on ya hands you gonne scrog them inthere?

:ying:

darrinjefferson

hey thanks alot core. i put alot of work into the cab, so i am glad that you like it.
i am pretty proud of it myself.
my ladies have been staying rather green and lush, i think this is by far the best grow i have had so far, w/ the least stress to my ladies and myself.
i was thinking about doing a scrog but i didnt have time to think of and build a screen so for this run i am going to just 5 plants lst'd. see what kind of a yield i can get.
for future grow however i am planning on a scrog and maybe even a sog down the road.test those three methods and findout which one gives me the best resluts.
as you read i took clones and put the in the fridge for now, i also found a couple ppl who will be able to get me some decent clones so when i do a scrog and sog i can have up to 8 plants at once and have a decent variety.

also, altho its still early on in flower i will probably be trimming the plants at least a little today or tomorrow cause they are so big and healthy the big fan leaves are blocking potential lower growth from better light.
seems everytime i trim em tho, the just fill thae space even more.
i have a good feeling that soon you wont be able to even see through the canopy.

keep it green

Last edited:
G

Looking good bro I really like the setup as well. You will be a happy dude down the road smokin them ladies!!!!! I'll be checkin back
laters
Double_Gulp

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
i will probably be trimming the plants at least a little today or tomorrow cause they are so big and healthy the big fan leaves are blocking potential lower growth from better light.

may i suggest instead of cutting perfectly healthy fan leaves off use some twisty tie or even rubber coated paper clips. and move them fans outta the way if you really wanna keep the lower growths. or place a few florus or cfls around the bottoms, if your plants are LST'd now tryn adjust the branchs lower to open the canopy up.

darrinjefferson

indeed a very good call there maj.
i think i might just try and do that w/ some twist ties.
the leaves are just so big..ahaha
but i guess its better not to get rid of healthy fan leaves.
when do you think is a good time to do a trim on the plants...so lower growth can be eliminated?

dyren

nice setup you've got here. i've got myself a nice switchable 400w as well. my only question is how much did you pay for your elicent exaust fan? and where did you get it? the lack of an exaust fan is virtually the only thing stopping me from beginning my grow =\

thanks, and good luck with your project!

darrinjefferson

i got my fan for 240. which i know is a bit spendy but it is an excellent fan. i got it at my local garden store. if you look at mayland hydroponics i believe it is they have cheap vortex fans.
mine is an elicent 6" 309cfm. it keeps my temps at 68-70 and 78-80. its almost too perfect.

later

darrinjefferson

day 5 flower

day 5 flower

quick shot before the lights came on today. day 5 flower.
as you can see the 2 plants on the left side arent showing as good of groth as the other 3. the one cascadia is really having some trouble. hopefully when i water them tomorrow they will show some good growth.

thanks for all the support

hopefully a bigger update in a day or two.

later