What's new

Bloombastic?

G

Guest 18340

I normally drop my nute strength slightly whenever I add pk boosters, and when I get my hands on a bottle of Bloombastic, I will be doing the same thing.
In what reference was your retailer warning you about Tiger bloom? I used the FF line for awhile (in soil) and had good results.

FinestKind

I normally drop my nute strength slightly whenever I add pk boosters, and when I get my hands on a bottle of Bloombastic, I will be doing the same thing.
In what reference was your retailer warning you about Tiger bloom? I used the FF line for awhile (in soil) and had good results.

He was implying (although he didn't come right out and say so) that the Tiger Bloom plus the Bloombastic may be a bit hot, and to use less of the TB while using the Bloombastic.

BigTop

evl~ been running the BMB exclusively for about a year now... switched over from by baseline BB runs... also tinkered w the H&G boosters while evaluating the switch...

Been so long since I've not used a booster, can't say anything towards that, but in comparison to the BB/OD... it weighs about the same in the end. The bud structure is visibly different, depending upon the strain. I noticed the BMB kept a tighter calyx structure w nice swelling. This is just from what I could see... and I'm a long time BB user, so...

Here's the other added benefits...
- it slightly raises my pH vs lowering it like all other boosters I've ever tried... uniquely nice
- it runs well well w any base line I've run + w all my strains
- I like the added Fe to help offset heat stress issues
- at 1ml per gal = appx 60-70 ppms on a 700 scale... so you really only need 1-2ml per gal, depending

Just some observations on my end. Peace brother.

Bloombastic is designed to be the ONLY bloom boosting product you use, besides your main nutrient. IOW it replaces your PK booster, Cal Mag, flower hardeners, Fulvic, Bloom hormones, sweetening products, the list goes on...

I recently did a side-by-side with Bloombastic. Strain used was Sour Diesel, EC for both sides ranging from 1.6 to 2.0 (though always equal), and pH of 6.2. On one half the garden I used CNS-17 and Bloombastic. On the other half the garden I used CNS-17, Ginormous, Supernova, Dark Energy, Sweet, and Floralicious Plus. (I have gotten nearly 2 1/2 lbs per 1000w with this formula before, so I know it works!)

Anyway, the Bloombastic side surprised me! The buds looked a little smaller, but ended up weighing 5% more when all was said and done! I think if I had added Gravity to the control side, I might have yielded more than the Bloombastic.... seeing as how a flower hardener is missing from my recipe.

So, just some food for thought.... I probably could have yielded more than the Bloombastic, but I was already spending more than the Bloombastic cost. It also took a lot less time mixing only 2 bottles for the entire bloom cycle.

I am going to do another side-by-side, only this time adding Gravity to the mix. If Bloombastic still wins, I will switch over for sure!

BigTop

It just runs easy for me & as well as BB/OD, imho...

The big bottle is like 40% less vs the smaller ones, but seems to last forever at lower rates. Peace

BigPhil

Veteran
nice1 for starting the thread. I have bought a 350ml bottle, will be using it in abut 3 weeks, The straine ill be testing on is Critical mass

Ive opened a thread lastnight in the mr nice threads. I will be using bio canna nutes on 8 and 8 wiv bio canna and bloombastic

This is only my 3rd grow thou but shuld have a good idea if it adds any weight or not.

T

THC_Decapitator

I like it and use it ,
it does help with yields and the flavor and resin/terpines really shine .
The only two drwawbacks are the cost and it burns easy .

BigPhil

Veteran
I payed 40 pounds for a 325ml bottle, at 0.5 ml, boost 4ml per liter, so with the bloombastic that works out 1300ml, giving you an extra 300ml, and its cheeper than a bottle of boost, It may seam expensive but it works out cheeper,

So do you still use Bloombastic when you flush? like you would boost? This is the 1st time I've bought a bottle of bloombastic, Im just unsure if to use it or not when flushing

forty

GreenDream, THC Decapitator and others.... what dosage have been using? at what point did you get burn THCD?

BigPhil

Veteran
BigPhil-- Do you still use bloombasic when your flushing? Any1?

No!

Lovely thank you,

So when they say use the last 4-6 weeks you acctualy only feed it to them 2-4 weeks?

My plants have been flowering 3 days now been in 12/12 16 days and have gave them there 1st feed of bace nutes and bloomblastic, if im early its though tits, But I think these guys should esplain how to use it properly better :bashhead:

BigTop

Forty~ I'm at 1-2ml per gal... and as I increase it's dosage, cuttin back on the base.

BigPhil~ agreed, generally don't use anything but plain RO during last 12-14 days.

Peace

STRAINZ

BigPhil, this is what I do.... for example on a 9 week (63 day) strain:
Wk 1: Regular Nutes
Wk 2: Regular Nutes
Wk 3: Regular Nutes
Wk 4: Reg Nutes & Bloombastic
Wk 5: Reg Nutes & Bloombastic
Wk 6: Reg Nutes & Bloombastic
Wk 7: Reg Nutes & Bloombastic
Wk 8: Flush (Rev Osmosis H2O)
Wk 9: Flush (Rev Osmosis H2O)

This works pretty well for me! The 4-6 week recommendation from Bloombastic depends on the length of flower...so, if your doing a longer sativa then you might end up using the Bloombastic 6 wks. IMO, you should wait until the 3'rd or 4'th week of flower to give the plants bloombastic because it is a pk booster and is meant to give the plant extra pk during a certain stage of its life. Good luck!

cannaboy

I have used it only because the guy at the expo gave me it and said it was the shit..
I use it with ATA Bloom up 2 1,7 ec and .75 ml bloombastic per ltr nothing else but that takes it to 1.9 nearly good results went to get some more quick and easy to mix did a few runs. and it is shit. Crap compared to Advanced Organic Iguana juice.. on its own... FACT>>>

Bloombastic goes rancid quick you cannot bottom feed well with it..

i have used bloombastic for about a year and the difference is more trich's (a noticeable amount), and tighter nugs also it kinda shortens the stretch if used early. is not really pricey because you only use so little. .5 - 1.0 ml per gallon does the trick when i did more i burned my tips. Did a couple of runs without it because my local store sold out and ill tell you this i missed having it around so that must mean something. one bottle lasts a COUPLE of runs. worth every penny!

forty

i've tried both of them ^^.... both overpriced imo. been using monster bloom, some kelp now and then, same results.

D

dirtstyle

It costs a bunch of money, but it lasts. 90 bucks for three to four cycles is worth it to me. I noticed an explosion of trichs 2 days after using it and my nugs were tight like prom night