What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollos Mist and bio-buckets {the big switch}

raygun

DurbanStone said:
hempy buckets with a 600 watt hps in a 3x3 space. gh nutes, air cooled hood
right on! If you put of a grow show point me there! :lurk:

You will be pleasantly supprised and if you are in to pollin chucking the F2s are awesome!

raygun

DurbanStone said:
I am not sure what pollin chucking is...
I guess spell check would be good.... Pollen chucking is for the most time used in a negitive way about breeders who just cross two plants with out any real breading efforts. I use it to describe what I do. Take and make seeds from plants I have, chucking pollen on my gals and seeing what happends. :wave:

poking smot

harvest done

harvest done

Yo ray, the harvest went very well, got a little over 2oz, left a good amount on the plants to rejuvinate. oh man that sourbubble is the best man. its so beautiful looking and tastes like fruit punch or something,and that pinnapple is just something else man, it tastes like pinnapple but smells like jared pickles. im really excited on that OSB1 because its shootin up, and the mystery plant is HUGE and is female so thats good (what is it anyway?). ive been trying to get photos but keep forgetting the camera.

im so stoked to have these buds for christmas, and everyone i know loves this bud. its very popular these days i guess, hahaha. anyway, im takin photos today or up tonight fo sho. :joint:

raygun

poking smot said:
Yo ray, the harvest went very well, got a little over 2oz, left a good amount on the plants to rejuvinate. oh man that sourbubble is the best man. its so beautiful looking and tastes like fruit punch or something,and that pinnapple is just something else man, it tastes like pinnapple but smells like jared pickles. im really excited on that OSB1 because its shootin up, and the mystery plant is HUGE and is female so thats good (what is it anyway?). ive been trying to get photos but keep forgetting the camera.

im so stoked to have these buds for christmas, and everyone i know loves this bud. its very popular these days i guess, hahaha. anyway, im takin photos today or up tonight fo sho. :joint:

SWEET! That sourbubble you are refering to is the cross I did w/ my first sourbubble I had. It was (SourbubbleBX1 x Petrol) then back crossed to the sourbubbleBX1 [will be referred to as SBbx1] The clone I gave you we named heatherb and we loved it as well.

The OSB1 (original sour bubble #1 I have 3 versions now) will give you some dank rock hard nugs in about 55 days of flowering don't forget to take clones before or shortly after fliping to 12/12 lighting.

That jared pickle smell will go away after a good cure and should give you a nice candy smell. You might want to leave the buds out for a day in a brown bag or card board shoe box to dry a little more as that smell can also mean that there might be to much moisture left in the buds.

The Mystery plant is either another SBbx1 or (SourbubbleBX1 x Petrol) If you tell me what is written on the cup I can tell you what it is. I am stoked that it is female :jump: Please get some picts I want to see. :lurk:

I forget all that I gave you so If there are others you have questoins on let me know.

My gals are not doing so well here. Its too cold and the coco stays wet it has not dried out yet....and I have to keep them in my car in a box. I am looking to get it solar powered some how soon or I fear I will lose them all. :puppydoge :nono: :fsu:

Glad things are going well. I got to see about getting you together with Rob he was asking about you two and know would love to vape with ya. I'll get the two of you incontact with each other soon. Please save some for him I'm sure that he can meet ya in the middle for driving too.

Safe Growing :joint:
~raygun~

*** EDIT: SourbubbleBX1 Is from the orig BOG stock 1st released back in OCT of 03 or 04(i forget the year, but a $55 winning bid got me the beans :rasta: ) and SBbx1 are my 1st back cross to the 1st mother I kept and have picts of in my gallery

Last edited:

poking smot

need some help.

need some help.

what up bro. so everything is going really good and i still have no photos because of no camera but damn dude, they are looking really good, they were showing some nitrogen deficiency but bat guano and kelp brought them back to dark green. i just got a ph reader and want to know where i should be keeping the readings at.

the sour bubble mystery plant X is taking over the grow room and is 3 times as big as the rest of the batch. i cant wait to see what comes of it during flowering. the water leaves on this thing are bigger then my hands. i need a camera badly. i think its some sort of mega cannabis, and your reasponsible for it.

i also could use a link for cloning. i tried a search but i cant get anything. i need a step by step so i can get the 2nd generation going. thanks bro, and how are the mothas doin?

P.s. watch your mail, i sent a christmas letter. :wave:

raygun

Yo whats up I had a big reply for you but it got erased.... so I'l make it quick
Hope you had a great new year. The mega-chron plant I am super stoked on and hope it provides you with killer smoke!

For your pH you want the run off to be between 5.5-6.0 check out the coco threads for some more info on that. I never take it as an exact science its a plant not a chemistry experiment.

For cloning here is the link to the DIY threads and you can find lots of info on it.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40637
This one is one of my favorites Super Cheap Mass Cloner by (Grat3fulH3ad) but scaled down as I don't need to take that many clones at once.

I have done a few differant things but know that keeping the coco/water/perlite temp around 75-80deg makes a big differance. Since going to coco I clone in just a cup of coco and keep a heating pad on under it to keep the temp up. No humidity dome just occasional spraying with plain water.

My gals are dying :fsu: its not looking good. I am hoping that I can get my solar power pack going this week. I just need to figure out a few things http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1442905#post1442905 this is the link to that issue. I realy hope that it will work out and they will pull through.

Well get yourself a camera I want to see mega-chron! We should also start a new thread for this because we are not talking about bio-buckets or apollos mist.:smile:

Last edited:

raygun

Ray2kay said:
man i wish i could find a club to join down in FL, but its just to risky.

You don't need a club, only club I belong to is club me. Just order you up some seeds from seedbay and build yourself a cab and vuala you ready to go!
You can now be a member of the cab growers club or club me or what ever club you want.

You do have me a little confused as to what FL and a club has to do with my Bio-bucket cab?

petemoss

Nice setup, raygun! I've been wanting to come out of retirement with a cab grow, but
don't know if I'll have the vertical space for Bio buckets and res.....unless the buckets sit right in the res...hmmm

raygun

Thanks Pete!
You should have pleanty of space with any standard cab I did not use 5 gal buckets gota remember that. I used the smaller 3 gal ones. You can see in my earlier picts that the buckets are just above the res. I have to do a little LST to the ladies but they like it and fill my cab with beautiful buds.
Let me know if you have any questions.

petemoss

raygun,
Did you run your 400 watt cab during the hot summer months? Any problem with water temps? I sold my chiller and am a bit hesitant to start with a hot weather bio grow. Guess if I use an AC to keep ambient temps in the low 70's I should be OK.

What kind of Cooltube is that in your cab? Looks much shorter than the ready-made tubes that are 19" long. I just bought a couple of bake-a-round Pyrex tubes and will be making a shorter version so I can orient the light parallel to the short side of my 2x3x6 ft wardrobe cab.

PurpleBuddy

Great thread! Looks like it turned out very nice...Ill be trying out a cab soon after I take care of this seasons outdoor crop...you've provided me with some excellent ideas!

raygun

petemoss said:
raygun,
Did you run your 400 watt cab during the hot summer months? Any problem with water temps? I sold my chiller and am a bit hesitant to start with a hot weather bio grow. Guess if I use an AC to keep ambient temps in the low 70's I should be OK.

What kind of Cooltube is that in your cab? Looks much shorter than the ready-made tubes that are 19" long. I just bought a couple of bake-a-round Pyrex tubes and will be making a shorter version so I can orient the light parallel to the short side of my 2x3x6 ft wardrobe cab.

Yeah I run the 400 plus the additional CFL's full time. I did have a window AC unit in the room that the cab was in during this grow. I kept the thermostat at 75 on the AC. However having a 6" PC fan blowing in to the res has helped keep the temps under control. I also ran the light at night to help with the heat. This last summer grow I had moved so the cab was in the garage and I did not have AC just kept the garage well ventilated

The cool tube is a hurricane lamp glass fixture I purchased i believe from cost plus or pier one some place like that. They don't always have them but they do come in multiple lengths. I had one that broke and then found another one but it was shorter and was just long enough to cover the bulb. With either of them I could run the light in any direction in the cab. Front to back or side to side. I like it for that purpose so that I can move the light around the cab throughout the grow.

EDIT: Peat I just realized that you are one of the oldschoolers from OG that inspired me to run the Buckets and LST/Scrog. I was browsing your gallery when it hit me with those last few picts of your system. I remember waging weather or not to run the feed line through the drain line.
Thanks for being an inspration for me to take up the buckets for growing! :headbange Where have you been?

Purple buddy glad to be of some assistance. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Safe growing
~raygun~ :wave:

Last edited:

petemoss

yup, that's me. old school lol. This time around, I'm trying to incorporate some new school tools in my grow. Digital ballast, cooltube and cabinet. Still not decded on how I'll grow in this cabinet, but your cab grow shows me that it's possible to downsize a bio setup to fit a small space. Ah, a hurricane lamp. I have a curvy one. Thanks, raygun and keep that stream flowing...

Hi Raygun. I enjoyed the thread and learned a lot within it. I hope things are well and will read your other threads as well. I am currently debating a cab grow or a big cab (Limo?) grow.

Thanks and cheers
Dr. Cojuror

Latest posts

Latest posts