What's new

African growers.. Please check in!

afropips

So Make it before the cops take it.........boet.

Aish , This place is Number 1.

HPS 600 Watt - Chronic.

Afroman.

zedhead3

Hey African growers, I'm no African myself but love learning about the African strains. So far I've grown MalawiGold and DurbanPoison, got the beans from Seedsmans site. Currently have clones from both strains in bloom and will pollinating them with some OriginalHaze pollen very soon.
Anyway, I'll sit back and watch/learn how you guys in Africa grow your herb.

Wotamess, hey dude! :wave:

:ying:
Zed

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
hey man!

cool. how was the weed? must be proper stuff, better than the local schwag we get here called swazi / durban poison / malawi / transkei etc. genetics have degraded a lot..

any pics of your crop?

take care! :D

wotamess

ow nifty ek sé!! kunjani madoda?? :yes:

maljim... representing, bru... NICE!

jerre piet!
i hate hearing that shit... i swear i'm gonna single handedly go on the rampage to find the good SA landrace strains again... there is NOTHING better than a classic, mature, sensimilla, hut cured baggie of transkei rooibaard. period. well for me anyway!! ;) still number one in my books, and my strain base is increasing rather quickly!!

'ssup zed! check out hotc's grow... there are garaunteed to be some amazing plants in the next few months... i'm jealous!

cool to have an african thread.... maybe they'll stick africa in the international forum!! it's strangely missing...?

later ou's
wotamess

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
Africa..? what's that? :D

lots of people from the 'west' still think we still live in transkei rooibaard-drying huts in the mountains with gravel roads, having to walk a few KM every day to fetch water!

i hope that is not the case with the IC cats! :D

I'm here...

No current grows. Actually haven't grown in what seems like a hundred years.
Used to do 1 or 2 plant outdoor grows of whatever I could get.

That was in my teens. Consdering my current possibilities.

So, just checking in, from the land of the flat top minedumps.
:D

wotamess:

On the landrace purity hunt, I suggest this:
Go to Cathedral Peak Hotel, get a ride in their helicopter, and ask the pilot to show you the plantations along the Lesotho border.
You'll get decent selections around there.
Was there for a conference recently, and seeing the size of the guerilla g-ops was simply mindblowing.

Zilaniz said:
How is the police / law with cannibus in Africa?
Luck of the draw in my experience. Bottom line though, is it is treated as an illicit substance.

I've heard of folks getting busted for as little as a gram, and others just getting their gear taken away. Metro police (around Johannesburg) set up roadblocks from time to time, and searching for whatever they can. Ultimately that sort of thing can be argued unconstitutional in the supreme court, but it isn't going to stop you from being put in cells till you can be brought before a magistrate.

Others may have more input on the subject.

Greetz
From CT. Growing some nice outdoors in the Norvern Suburbs.
Would really dig some info on growing in SA indoors/outdoors.. sow season etc...
Also would love to swop seeds..clones..etc to increase my strain base.
Anyway this is my first grow got 15 females grown from seed and 6 clones busy rooting.
everything grown outdoors - Jack Herrer/Spitzer/Bazooka/MCWxTetra/NL#6/Thai/TrinityIce...
got three in 3/4 week flower and the rest look like they gonna be bloomin soon.

Peace
Out
KSM

No sorry i dont have a camera at the moment...bums me out a little having watched them grow from little babies into big girls who all gonna leave home soon :badday:

btw anyone on this thread in CT interested in selling lights,heating mats,etc..
Please PM me also if you know where to get these things at a reasonable price that would be awesome.. I think 1400 for a 250 HPS is too much.. but anyone point me in the right direction please

KaliSilvermist said:
btw anyone on this thread in CT interested in selling lights,heating mats,etc..
Please PM me also if you know where to get these things at a reasonable price that would be awesome.. I think 1400 for a 250 HPS is too much.. but anyone point me in the right direction please
There is a hydroponic store in CT. Tried calling but the owner is never available.
Otherwise, try builders warehouse.
They stock Osram, Phillips and another brand of HPS and MH globes, at reasonable prices.
I believe my last quote for Osram HPS was ZAR300 for a 600 watt globe.