What's new

Ace Purple Satellite

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
So this light schedule is recommended because they might be prone to hermie if they are shocked by going to 12/12 without a gradual tapering? Or is it because otherwise the buds won't develop enough? I am confused as to the reasoning...I've been going straight into 11/13 from veg with pretty much everything this year and no problems so far, but I have not tried it with Purple Satellite. I did do it with Zacateca Tributes this winter and no issues either. I'm running 3000k cob LEDs.

drosera420

Premium user
It's my understanding that the Nepali parent is very photosensitive. Outdoors the gradual change is fine but indoors the quick switch is not recommended.

drosera420

Premium user
My current PS 7wks from 15hr point in flip. Started at 19 and reduced to 12 over the month. Pushed h3adz recipe 6/9 GH nutes at 1/4 strength and 1 gm/gal epsom salt on and off, 1 or 2x a day. Played a bit too close to the edge and burnt/clawed a bit but she's not too bad off. Did have some hermies, could be ph swings and nute overload. Lowers were pollinated by 2 diff. PS males that popped first go round.
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​​
PS 3-11 7 wk...jpg

Last edited:

RobFromTX

My current PS 7wks from 15hr point in flip. Started at 19 and reduced to 12 over the month. Pushed h3adz recipe 6/9 GH nutes at 1/4 strength and 1 gm/gal epsom salt on and off, 1 or 2x a day. Played a bit too close to the edge and burnt/clawed a bit but she's not too bad off. Did have some hermies, could be ph swings and nute overload. Lowers were pollinated by 2 diff. PS males that popped first go round.
​​

Thats a beautiful plant. Man i hate seeds but it will be worth it if they turn out like that

drosera420

Premium user
Followup, approx 8.5 wk into flower. Not as big and nice as outdoors but works for me dialing in purple satellite needs as it fits in my setup. Would have liked to have put them in fabric 5 gal bags but ran out of coco and made due with 3 gal plastic.
Been flushing w/ ro water @ 5.6pH. last week. Nanners stopped and now seems to want to bulk up again pushing fresh pistils all around. Feeding again ph'd rain water w/GH bloom @ 3ml gal. Earlier post I commented about pollinating lowers, that was on purpose with 2 diff. PS males grown earlier and chopped. Nanners on this girl did result in some additional uppers here and there setting seed, the one plant wasn't too hard to pick them out.

Smells fruity, cherry like even with my challenged smelling abilities. Looks to be a couple weeks yet to go.

3-20 PS3.1 8.5wk.jpg
3-20 PS3 8.5wk.jpg
20220320_092751.jpg

Attachments

• 3-20 PS3.1 8.5wk.jpg
    3-20 PS3.1 8.5wk.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 73

RobFromTX

Followup, approx 8.5 wk into flower. Not as big and nice as outdoors but works for me dialing in purple satellite needs as it fits in my setup. Would have liked to have put them in fabric 5 gal bags but ran out of coco and made due with 3 gal plastic.
Been flushing w/ ro water @ 5.6pH. last week. Nanners stopped and now seems to want to bulk up again pushing fresh pistils all around. Feeding again ph'd rain water w/GH bloom @ 3ml gal. Earlier post I commented about pollinating lowers, that was on purpose with 2 diff. PS males grown earlier and chopped. Nanners on this girl did result in some additional uppers here and there setting seed, the one plant wasn't too hard to pick them out.

Smells fruity, cherry like even with my challenged smelling abilities. Looks to be a couple weeks yet to go.

Those are some fine looking plants my man. Did all of your PS hermie on you or just the one mentioned? I'll be putting mine in 14hour flowering in about a week

drosera420

Premium user
Thanks for the compliment, it's appreciated. I ended up with this PS girl by herself. The first 2 plants I had going were males so they got chopped and pollen collected for future use. The other in the back round is a wedding cake that was started with the males originally, hence the larger bush. The hermie condition in the PS shown I'm likley responsible for inducing. Unlike all the hybrids that can take most anything and respond positively, these straight 95%+ sativa strains have a learning curve. That's if your indoors like this one. Outdoors they look super and were bred for the northern latitudes, 40+, to finish in good time.

No seeds is a positive but also a modern day luxury. Can't wait to sample this one and sprinkle seeds in strategic spots.

Just follow the light schedule on seedfinder and keep your feeding lighter than you think you should.

RobFromTX

Thanks for the compliment, it's appreciated. I ended up with this PS girl by herself. The first 2 plants I had going were males so they got chopped and pollen collected for future use. The other in the back round is a wedding cake that was started with the males originally, hence the larger bush. The hermie condition in the PS shown I'm likley responsible for inducing. Unlike all the hybrids that can take most anything and respond positively, these straight 95%+ sativa strains have a learning curve. That's if your indoors like this one. Outdoors they look super and were bred for the northern latitudes, 40+, to finish in good time.

No seeds is a positive but also a modern day luxury. Can't wait to sample this one and sprinkle seeds in strategic spots.

Just follow the light schedule on ********** and keep your feeding lighter than you think you should.

Oh man Ive certainly learned the hard way about inducing herms with landraces. Sativas definitely don't like chemical nutes in my experience, particularly nitrogen, and thats what caused my first herm issues. Ive just made super soil the past 2 grows with better outcomes for sure.

MT Wildhack

Purple Satellite grows to it's potential by being started indoors in early April under 24 hour light cycle, and moved outdoors after last threat of frost their final pots of 30 liters and can benefit from having pots partially buried in good rich garden soil, for further root penetration.

Purple Satellite outdoors finishing at latitude 42 north, from early to late Sept making Purple Satellite the earliest pure Sativa in its class for the most northern gardens.

Suggestions For 24/0 Course Correction and How to do it Right at 40.0°N?

Salutations all. I'm planning an outdoor grow of PS in Boulder, CO. I started a couple of seeds for kicks hydroponically first week of March, and a couple in LC's mix last week. It occurred to me that the last threat of frost in VT is in June when there is over 15 hours of light so the breeder's recommendations may not apply for where I'm at. What do you all suggest I do with the starts I have to avoid premature flowering? My current plan is to keep them at 24/0 until mid April, and then gradually lower the light to 14.5 synching with a mid-may planting. Or perhaps synch the youngest ones with outside now?

For my remaining seeds, any suggestions on how to ideally start them for an early-to-mid May planting at my lat would be most welcome too!

Thank you kindly for any suggestions.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
At the end of May the day length here in Western MA will be 15 hours. I will be putting my plants out at that time. I don't know what the day length is in Boulder CO but must be similar.

MT Wildhack

At the end of May the day length here in Western MA will be 15 hours. I will be putting my plants out at that time. I don't know what the day length is in Boulder CO but must be similar.

It's 14:27. Have you grown it before, when do/did you geminate/what light regime are you using?

herbgreen

Veteran
Suggestions For 24/0 Course Correction and How to do it Right at 40.0°N?

Salutations all. I'm planning an outdoor grow of PS in Boulder, CO. I started a couple of seeds for kicks hydroponically first week of March, and a couple in LC's mix last week. It occurred to me that the last threat of frost in VT is in June when there is over 15 hours of light so the breeder's recommendations may not apply for where I'm at. What do you all suggest I do with the starts I have to avoid premature flowering? My current plan is to keep them at 24/0 until mid April, and then gradually lower the light to 14.5 synching with a mid-may planting. Or perhaps synch the youngest ones with outside now?

For my remaining seeds, any suggestions on how to ideally start them for an early-to-mid May planting at my lat would be most welcome too!

Thank you kindly for any suggestions.

...They will flower normally outdoors

I might just roll with 18/6 for the grow room until it gets warmer outside

Tinkering with timers can be nerve wracking..... just set it and forget it! :D

MT Wildhack

...They will flower normally outdoors

I might just roll with 18/6 for the grow room until it gets warmer outside

Tinkering with timers can be nerve wracking..... just set it and forget it! :D

At 18/6 at what outside daylength would you shoot for to put them out? 18/6-->14.5/9.5 mid May will trigger flowering, no? It's not the end of the world if they get confused, but I started them so early because I want to grow one monster plant this year.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Don't worry, if it's in the ground it will get huge. Mine was 9 ft high at least last year, and that was a hybrid, topped once and started in mid April.

herbgreen

Veteran
At 18/6 at what outside daylength would you shoot for to put them out? 18/6-->14.5/9.5 mid May will trigger flowering, no? It's not the end of the world if they get confused, but I started them so early because I want to grow one monster plant this year.

Nope, that wont happen

They will just adapt to outdoors

You may want to keep in shade part of the day to slowly harden off for a few days

I think if you start now indoors they will be plenty sturdy by May.......maybe just put them out keep an eye out

The problem w/PS is growing indoor and flipping hard to 12/12 after 3 wk veg

You are just vegging indoor and then outdoor and... nature takes it from there :smokeit:

MT Wildhack

Yeah, that's my hope! For those of you that made F2s, what were the phenotypes like? It'd be cool to get an IBL for use in shortening the flowing time in sativa crosses. I assume commercially this hasn't been done because yield/quality suffered?

hamstring

Veteran
Those are some fine looking plants my man. Did all of your PS hermie on you or just the one mentioned? I'll be putting mine in 14hour flowering in about a week

Nice plant brother, I bought 10 Purple Sat beans to try outdoors this year. Thanks for the pics.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I decided to stick 4 seeds in the dirt last night. We shall see if I can get them to pop as I have been having a bit of trouble lately for some reason. I ramped up my efforts though with a heat mat and added some mycos to the soil.

Latest posts

Latest posts