What's new

800w Coco Closet- Hashberry, Sadhu, Speed Queen

SkunkyDemon

Those pics look soo sweet! Your realy doing a great job on finishing them off. I would guess that they will taste even better than they look. Keep those sweet pics coming!
Peace

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
hehehehheee

"and my right hand is like a permemant CLAW!" ... ah well, at least it's done mate... thinking about investing in a tumble trimmer maybe? :wink:

Speed Queen Final Harvest

Speed Queen Final Harvest

Thanks KUSH. Some dried bud shots coming up. Not much of a cure yet though. They are smelling more sexy everyday too.

idoreallytry, any time, thank you for your encouragement. I'm happy as can be, hermie or no, with this run. Shoot the leaves themselves 45 days in were better than the bag seed I ran last time. Yeah, I'm very happy.

SkunkyDemon, I broke down and tried a bong of the Hashberry. Wayyyyy too green still so the taste isn't there yet, but I'm hoping. Sure would be nice to have a little cannabis tasting party so I could hear some more opinions from different taste pallets. Someday.

Jamie, that is hilarious. My muscles and joints are bad enough already before adding about twelve hours of snipping over a few days. Sheesh. How much are those trimmer things? I may just have to look into it. But its worth it every time and never keeps me from making myself do it again.

Flippy, welcome and thanks a lot. Glad you liked it.

OK, here is the final Speed Queen harvest. Going into the jars it was 130 grams. I've read it can lose up to 10% after a couple weeks of cure. I doubt I will weigh it again, in fact, I won't. The weight will definitely go down 10% in a couple weeks because it will be inhaled, lol. One pile of decent popcorn and one pile of popcorn, popcorn that are about 42 grams together. No massive colas but a lot of decent sized, good "bag appeal" buds from my perspective.

The whole shebang on three 8.5x11 sheets of paper.

Each page closer.

And the best close up bud shots I was able to take. They may get better with practice.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Hey Jed,

The one below is the one I'm going to be renting for 50 bucks for the weekend from a local hydro shop... it costs 500 to buy outright...and you stilll have to do all the "big stuff" by hand...

b_2016.jpg

(add 500 for the electric version)

I

idoreallytry

wow jed it looked so good i tried to give you rep twice,,but you deserve it,,,peace

50 bucks well spent my big ass hands can't fit in scissors very well and itt sucks trimming,,,,

Hey richirich, I think you'll enjoy them both. The Speed Queen really is better than I expected, and the Hashberry is as advertised for me.

Wow, Jamie, that looks a little scary to be putting my precious ladies in. I would definitely like to see one of those action however. Little out of my price range for what I do right now. Things can change so I will have that filed away, certainly. Good info, thanks for the pic too.

Thanks idoreallytry, too kind.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going outside to go have a nice smoke and I'll be back with the complete final harvest, starting with the Sadhu and clone and then the Hashberry.

Sadhu and Clone Final Harvest

Sadhu and Clone Final Harvest

First we have the Sadhu clone. She weighed in at 43 grams total, 9 of which is the pile of popcorn buds that have been awesome thus far.

Sadhu came it at 142 grams total, with about 19 grams of low light popcorn, again, that has been awesome thus far. (They dry quicker and I fell less guilty snagging them for the volcano before they are cured.)

Popcorn anyone?

Hashberry Final Harvest

Hashberry Final Harvest

Even with fewer canopy buds, the Hashberry was the big girl at 151 grams, with around 28 grams of low light popcorn.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=2439&pictureid=67643

Speed Queen - 130 grams total
Sadhu clone - 43 grams total
Sadhu - 142 grams total
Hashberry - 151 grams total
466 grams total including 98 grams of popcorn

It'll lose some more weight, but then, I've put a dent in the total too, so I'd call that a wash. Bit more than 1/2 a gram per watt. 58.25 grams per sq ft of space.

Now I'm curious what 6 clones will do, hehehehehe hahahahaha.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
well the SQ pics reminded me i have like 4 seeds left from my mandala speed queen pack i bought 2 years ago.. now I'm gonna search them in my seed stash and give them a try.. :joint:

great pics BTW! :wave:

SkunkyDemon

Very nice harvest! I would say "well done!" Youll have plenty to last tell next round lol. Hows the clones doing?
Peace

Dödsknark

Congrats on the nice harvest Jed.

I really liked following your thread tho I understand you won't be doing another one. Please give us some pics from your next one at least? :)

Peace

well the SQ pics reminded me i have like 4 seeds left from my mandala speed queen pack i bought 2 years ago.. now I'm gonna search them in my seed stash and give them a try.. :joint:

great pics BTW! :wave:

Thanks. Heck yeah, revive the Speed Queen, sounds like a plan. Its some really nice stuff so far. Since the SQ was under the MH light this run, I really want to see what she does under HPS this time. Some advice I read elsewhere that I will pass along is to take her a few days longer than 60 if you can. She holds her own in potency and ceiling with the Hashberry and Sadhu pretty well from my initial "findings".

Very nice harvest! I would say "well done!" Youll have plenty to last tell next round lol. Hows the clones doing?
Peace

Thank you kindly, I could've/should've taken the Hashberry a week longer, and I will this time. I sacrificed taking this one a week early to make sure the next three get the extra time. Always room for improvement.

I've got to get rid of some of it one way or another to stay on track with the state, so that'll be a fun problem to solve. That's kind of what I set out to accomplish in the closet; to get the state limit every 60 days and remain in complete compliance to see if it could be done. Compliance, yes, getting the limit in 60 days, not yet, but I'll be closer this run with 6.

And here they are this morning after their first 12 straight hours of darkness.

I beat them up badly in the veg cab. The leaves hit the lights and burn and shove them into each other all crowded and bend their tops down and here they are. They are just now recovering from the transplant and switch to HPS lights and being cloned. Poor girls. They'll be budding like crazy in no time now though.

Speaking of cloning, I go with the whatever is handy route in rockwool clone cubes set in 2 liter bottles.

Has worked every time with roots within 10 days usually within 5 days though.

Congrats on the nice harvest Jed.

I really liked following your thread tho I understand you won't be doing another one. Please give us some pics from your next one at least? :)

Peace

I will definitely throw up some updates every couple weeks or something. I just didn't want to committ myself to doing as much this run. And this run will be all HPS with no MH, so pictures will be more of a pain too. But I'll do something as there is always more to learn.

I'm glad you stuck around and enjoyed. If you want more, it'll be a few weeks, but hopefully these will look all sexy soon.

Nice grow bro that speed queen didn't strech asmuch as I thought. But looks real nice keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot kunafoot. You are right, the SQ did not get much taller after the switch to 12/12. She had PLENTY of veg time and was very ready for flowering so that had a big impact I'm sure, but I was initially worried I'd run out of height. Come back in a couple weeks and we'll see what happens with the SQ stretch this time too.

killer buds man, tons of resin on all of them...what is ur favorite?

They are the best looking buds I've had in years, so I am still grinning when I look at them. Thank you.

I'm still in the stage where whatever is dry enough to grind and vape is my favorite. All three are certainly potent enough for me right now. I don't have the vast strain experience to compare them with others, but this shit is kickass. I'd say the Sadhu has the higher ceiling of potentcy. I've gotten some real nice stones from the Sadhu thus far. Its creeper weed though as it takes a bit to really set in. Good stuff. The SQ just kind of taps your forehead right off the bat and takes over. No raciness or anxiety or paranoia or whatever, its really clean. The Hashberry I really haven't sampled enough to fairly comment. Thicker buds take longer to dry.

My favorite is probably going to be putting a little bud of each in the grinder and mixing it up a bit for the vape.

Here's some bonus Sadhu bud harvest pics I came across.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Man o man, you look like you are having some fun right now. Looking at your thread is a big reason why I am compelled to not wait until this fall, and just get'em popped now.
Have fun taking the pictures under 2 HPS LOL! It's tricky.

I

idoreallytry

hey bro everything looks nice and sounds great glad you got some decent smoke,,,peace