What's new

400 watt club...

reject

I have an Xtrasun 400watt switchable ballast w/hortilux eye EN bulb hooked up in my flowering cabinet. Some extra side lighting as well to make sure nothing is in the dark. I made my own cool tube that I added to my huge ass reflector. Works fine until I buy a nice a/c reflector.

Here's my intake computer fans that I hooked up to a 12VDC power adapter.

This one's just unknown bagseed at about 25-30 days into bloom.

Same plant maybe a week later.

Big ass sativa I had to train to keep down... Roll over.... sit.... good girl....

These next two photos are of my Martian Mean Green at about 35 days in bloom.

further down my MMG

Here's the Martian Mean Green old one on the Left and my newer one on the right, I got lucky because 2 out of 2 of these beans I popped were female!

jordas

reject......I like your cab.....
do you have any probs with heat using a 400w in that size cab??
how many degrees over ambient temp does the cab run normally??
thanks!

reject

The 400 is about perfect for my cab's size. Usually runs 1-3*F above ambient room temperature. I have 3 computer fans for the intake at the very bottom, and a high power blower taking all the heat through my cool tube and into my ceiling. Even after adding my side CFL and T5 lighting inside temps haven't gone over 4* above ambient room temp.

I used a lot of foam weather seal and caulking on all the cracks and edges to seal it up, I think that helps a lot too. Negative pressure on the cabinet is a good thing. I learned that back when I used to overclock computers for fun and had to cool the darn things as good as possible!

paperchaser825

Hello there 400 watt'ers...do you guys think i can use the cool sun reflector with a 400w cmh bulb in a 2'x2'x4'7'' grow tent...tent will be vented as well as hood.

:rasta:

haze12421

Thanx DJXX
I overwatered my lowryder #2's and one of my Northern Lights has a calcium deficiency based on "stitches sick guide" << Most helpful thread I have seen....... Also because the branches are hanging down when i take the plant out almost collapsing... I tried adding dolomite lime to water but it doesnt mix at all. It just sits in the bottom of the water jug. So I gave it a little extra nutes. Anyone have a good trick for calcium deficiency ? Or a way to mix dolomite lime into water?
To bad theres no cure for overwatering. I don't know what i was thinking giving the LR#2s the same amount of water as the Northernlights....Its hard to be patient and give your plants a little water at a time untill you see that tiny bit of water coming out the bottom. But it is so dam important.

Last edited:
D

DJXXPLATINUM

whats up haze12421 nice green pic,,:joint: heres one of the girls on her side day 30,,,boy its hard being patient

tans66

Been using my 400w(430w) set up now for a couple years.Built under stairs in basement.Raised floor with air intake holes drilled,sometimes depending on plant growth I will place computer fans on holes assisting in more cool air flow.Homemade carbon scrubber,245cfm fan draws the hot stinky air thru & exhausts out into basement.( scrubber was researched thru these forums ,room(closet) also doubles as my drying room).This 3' x 5' grow room which I only use 3x3 area for growing runs around 3-5 c over ambient.All fans run 24/7.If vegging I run a 18/6 & flowering 12/12 turning lights totally off 2days b4 harvest day.At least 2 week flush also.I grow in soiless medium & have experimented with different fertilizers ranging from off the shelf 20/20/20 for veg & a flowering fert to hydro formulas.Next is organic.Grown in 1gal buckets i line up 4 rows of 3.At 12 plants I like to grow at least 4 similar flower time strains.Thus when In jars I have variety.I average about 1-1 1/2 oz per plant.Trimming consists of topping sometimes ( i like big top buds ) & removing the bottom 1/3 of the plant during veg.Removing the bottom third allows all the nutes & lite to the buds that will matter & also helps in watering ,easier access to plants.
Strains I have grown so far - Reservoir Seeds - Quick Mist Desiel
THseeds Mk Ultra
Nirvana ak48,k2,afghan,durbon
Female Seeds Northern light
Clones unknown NL x
Seeds from my own crosses ( afghan mom crossed with Nl,ak48,back crossed with afghan, all are female seeds & have shown no hermie tendicies thru 20 plants grown out.Next jock horror,white widows followed by blue mystic & ??? haven't decided yet.

These pics are from my very 1st grow sorry about the quality.Maybe my next I will send in some ones that due the plants justice.
Good luck all in ur gardens.
Roll me 1 out of urs ;)

B

buzzed day

hello all,here's a few picks from under my 400.enjoy and more on my post.peace purpleblack/skunk

a purple B/ haze

and a northernwhite/skunk

Last edited:

candamo

i guess im the club too :joint:
running 2x400w HPS in a 1.2m x 2m room.
strain is WW from sensiseeds.
ill post pics in a month or two when the babies have grown a lil bit.

dsc0112tj7.jpg

:jump:

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

Looking great 400watters!!! Here's a shot of my closet, 3'x3'x7' when I had it set up for hydro. Hopefully in the near future I'll be converting the space as a mother-clone-veg chamber with the 400w, hopefully soon I'll be building a 3'x5'x7' 1k area just for flowering!

Keep them 400w areas burning!!! Don

haze12421

I starting giving my plants just water because I thought it was 2 weeks before the claimed 8 week harvest. I should of learned from the LR#2s needed 8 more days then stated and the auto ak47 was the worst went like 3 extra weeks longer then lowlife claimed his auto ak's would be ready...
Anyway a new rule Im going by is give them straight water the day the seed company tell you to harvest. Then you got at least a couple waterings to flush out chems before you harvest.
I gave them 2 straight waters and now im going to give them strong nutes and a tablesoon of mollasses because I think they need the nutes then ill give them 1 straight water then 4 or 5 days later cut them down. This is only my 4 fourth grow and the first 2 grows were computer grows...
Is this a good idea ?

Last edited:

haze12421

Update on my Northern lights from Female Seeds

Update on my Northern lights from Female Seeds

Cut most of them down only one left witch will cut down before i go on vaca

radvancan

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Parade, presents with to the klub 400W
400 GIB first indoor grow........................
55 and 59 days 12/12
BiooBizz lightmix / cocos
BiooBizz Fishmix, Bcuzz A+B soil, Hesi Supervit, Hesi PK 13/14, Ph-
:joint:

K2 59 days 12/12

HedgeHog 55 days 12/12

ICE 55 days 12/12

Other photo and inforamtion in thread ............... :joint:

Last edited:

smokn1

Nice looking budz there radvancan. I'm gonna be cracking some ice soon and put it under the 400. Just waiting for a papaya to finish. :headbange

Latest posts

Latest posts