3'x2'x2'H tent - 150W vertical and 110W T5

rootidec

Veteran

hi,
just wanted to post my setup :)

GROWSPACE
it's simply a 2x3x2' tent (60x90x60cm) with two zones:

LIGHTING
- one with 2x T5 (EDIT: they are PLLs actually - corrected by SOG :) ) 55W (one 2700k, one 6500k) for the early stages where I put 4 1/2 gallons pots max, 12/12 from seeds or clones
- the other with a 150 W hps, hung vertically and surrounded by 8 pots (now I have 5, it's the first run)

VENTING
I have a fan blowing upwards hust under the 150 HPS, plus an inline fan outside the tent, with a tube, should be about 5" and noisy as hell...
intake is passive, opposite side of the exhaust.

NUTRIENTS
I use biobizz light mix soil,
BIO NOVA all purpose soil mix,
and Bloombastic.

I also have some Superthrive, should the plants have some shocks, as well as molasses and epsom salts.

I check humidity, temps (the first pretty low, the latter pretty high where I live, but manageable for now)

PLANTS
Right now (first run) I have, in 2,5L pots (1/2 gallon, more or less):

around the 150W hps:
1 WAPPA (paradise seeds) 6-7 weeks into flowering
4 WAPPAS about 2-3 weeks into flowering

under the T5s:
2 Shiva Skunk (sensi) and 2 Pandora (paradise) all sprouted 2 weeks ago.

All in all it's a perpetual, 12/12, hybrid (horiz+vert, PLLS + hps) lighting, small setup...

info on this site has been invaluable :thank you:

EDIT july 24th
- grow ended 7/24th -
plants harvest 14-15 grams each in 2.5L pots: 12 plants make 0.56 gpw in three months /290Watts
last post:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5226982&postcount=57

Eol

Looks tidy man but, from your picture, it looks like you'll be having vegging plants in the same space as your flowering plants - you going to put a screen in between them or something?

rootidec

Veteran
Looks tidy man but, from your picture, it looks like you'll be having vegging plants in the same space as your flowering plants - you going to put a screen in between them or something?

thanks - and sorry for the late answer.

there's no vegging in fact, and no screen. just a perpetual SOG where the plants start under the T5 (red and blue, keep 'em compact) and then flower around the 150W HPS in circle.

don't want to have a separate box for mothers/clone/vegging for now :)

someotherguy

Veteran
...those 55watt T5s you speak of, ...i'm guessing that the bulbs look like this, right?

picture.php

...if so then they aren't T5s, they're PL-Ls which are better than T5s in my opinion.

...and if you're running a SOG and you have only one space, how do you handle cloning and mothers? ...how do you populate the next cycle?

this is my T5 mother box.
picture.php

picture.php

...and my PL-L clone box.

...under construction.
picture.php

...complete and in play.
picture.php

...the funny thing is, i started out only wanting one space to grow in, lol.

peace, SOG

rootidec

Veteran
...those 55watt T5s you speak of, ...i'm guessing that the bulbs look like this, right?

NEAT pics really like them :) i really like this kind of lights too.
Bulbs I have are exactly the ones you posted, with a reflector.
yes they are secret jardin, and they're called Tneon 2x 55w, bulbs are rated 3800lm(7600 total).
SecretJardinZTNeonSetincl2x55WWuchs.gif

I have also a 150W, 2x 75w Tneon secret jardin lying around, rated 5000lm circa (10k total).
I'm thinking about a vscrog around the plls in a small thin tent, but I'm tempted to buy a 250w AGRO and do a vscrog, other than this current tent.

little update and more details:

someotherguy

Veteran
...lol, so how do you handle your cloning and mothers? ...how do you populate the next cycle in your SOG?

peace, SOG

...oh yeah, if you're considering a VSCROG you should check out Marlo's Wall of Weed thread, ...i'm sure it's bigger than anything you've contemplated but i'm also sure you'll enjoy the read, ...Marlo has some SERIOUS skills, lol.

rootidec

Veteran
oh, and about populating:
I took two cuttings when the 2 wappas plants were 22 days old, when I topped. I put the 2 cuttings in a glass and waited for 10 days for the roots to come out, then directly into soil, final pot.
I have 2 other cuttings taken from the 12/12 tent, they are now in 1l pots and entered the tent yesterday. will take pics later. I'm trying to see what smaller pots can produce, to fit more in the space.

rootidec

Veteran
I checked marlo's, it's impressive - but he grows with veg time, which I'd like to avoid for now. maybe if I start a secondary tent.
For now I'd like to stay micromicro, one space and no veg time if I can.
I'd rather perfect this setup and maybe build another 250W tent later, like 2x2x4.5'vertical. but really dk now :)

someotherguy

Veteran
...as a recovering micro-grower myself i'll remind you that growing small carries very similar penalties to growing big, ...my op is still small but WAY bigger than what i'd envisioned when i started out.

...anyway, if you're looking to grow budsicles in a micro-SOG then you need to check out DrBud's work, ...he has many threads and all are worth reading, partly because he really knows his shit and partly because many of the posters in his threads have threads of thier own with MANY variations on the good Dr's pioneering lead.

...lol, so here is DrBud's first thread on this forum, from back in 2007, ...and like i said, he has several threads so take your time and read them through and you won't be sorry.

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=69713"]Compact SOG with CFL's[/URL]

peace, SOG

rootidec

Veteran
here's wappa at 7 weeks, 7 days ago.

it's been going 8 weeks now but thrics are mostly cloudy with 5 - 10% amber, it probably has at leat a week to go due to the fact it was flowered initially (for 1 month) under the PLLs, before I bought the HPS. Other plants had more of the HPS, will be interesting to compare colas later.
And here's a pic from yesterday:
it's getting beefier and more crowded - just added 2 clones in 1l pots just under the HPS, very small vase, and now there are 11 plants in various stages.

rootidec

Veteran
I think I'm pulling this, wappa @ 62 days now.
trichs look cloudy, doesn't grow anymore, everything is receding and it smells really bad lol

also, I need space for the new ones, which are getting bigger. I just supercropped these ones (2 wappas in 1L pots, 2 pandoras and 2 shivas in 2,5L pots) to leave them under the plls a little bit more until I chop the "big" wappa...

rootidec

Veteran
pulled out wappa (first, oldest plant) yesterday at 72 days:
NOT a big harvest I guess since this plant was trained for horizontal light...

Im monitoring RH and I'm using a wooden, wine box - it seals it fine I guess, also has 2 5mm holes on top.

now I'm curious to see the other 4 wappas, they have a month to go:

shiva skunk and pandoras are also coming along but they'll have to wait under the plls:

now there are 10 plants total :) I'll stop populating because this august I'm planning a vacation, plus it's going to be very very hot and I don't have AC.
I'm going to document what I pull these 2 months and start over in september with the style/strain that yelds most I hope :)

rootidec

Veteran
around the 150hps

I managed to keep them quite close, but some became tall and lanky anyway - they really need to kept close as hell.

I'd like to make, for the next run, a CASE for mothers, 50W maybe,
and fill this TENT (same 100w plls, plus 150whps) with smaller vases - the more the better - if I can manage to make 2 rows around the 150w.
:laughing: but oh well I'm still at my first run and it isn't finished - should see this and try to learn something:blowbubbles:

someotherguy

Veteran
lookin' good man, you're really gonna like the taste of your first ever 'your-own-grown' bud, ...good job for your first time out.

...btw, be careful you don't overcrowd things or you might end up fighting powdery mildew, i ran a high density SOG in a small cab for a few years and pm was something i had to account for, ...i didn't plan on it but once i got it, i had to learn how to treat it and how to prevent it in the future.

peace, SOG

rootidec

Veteran
lookin' good man, you're really gonna like the taste of your first ever 'your-own-grown' bud, ...good job for your first time out.

...btw, be careful you don't overcrowd things or you might end up fighting powdery mildew, i ran a high density SOG in a small cab for a few years and pm was something i had to account for, ...i didn't plan on it but once i got it, i had to learn how to treat it and how to prevent it in the future.

peace, SOG

thanks, plants are taking more place I imagined already now that i think about it.
I have one plant that is single cola and doesn't take that much room, but other are all supercropped (top bent only) or topped

rootidec

Veteran
these two wappas are from clones, no veg, and 7 weeks into flowering:

these two are from seed, and topped. no veg and they're at 5 weeks into flowering:

now that I notice, the marlboros are best in scale in the pictures below - weird angle in the first one

rootidec

Veteran
I'm pretty satisfied with dankness and frostyness :)
smell isn't there... but potency is quite nice, I've tried some in advance.
Buds look good anyways :)

this has been drying for a week, and is curing now in a sealed glass jar.

rootidec

Veteran
I stole 2-3 nugs already, but this is the first wappa harvest - looks like 10g to me, no less I'm pretty positive - upper left nug is like a BIC lighter.

Now that I harvested the first plant I can make some considerations:

1) Right now I'm running 11 plants (12 if one hadn't died) in 2.5 liters pots.
I would say 10g per plant is a safe bet - that makes 120g every 3 months, or 0.46 gpw considering a 3 months run.

2) I'm testing 2 plants, same wappa strain, in 1.0 liter pots (made from soda bottles) and they "look like" they will produce close to that amount.

IF small pots can give me at least 7-8 g per plant, I'm switching to something like this:

that will be after I harvest the remaining 10 plants, end of july, I hope :biggrin: thanks for watching :thank you:

*updates soon

Latest posts

Latest posts