What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3rd grow: Sour Diesel IBL, Sadhu, BOG Medley

Creeptic

well here we are... 8 weeks done...

looks like a possible harvest next week for a couple of the plants (the BMR & one of the Sadhus)

still havent checked the trichs... im putting it off for a couple of days so i dont get impatient and chop early...lol

the Sadhus are very noticeably different than each other now... in smell and bud structure... one smells like melons with tons of trich coverage... the other has a very hashy smell to it, is leafier and has a much fatter cola...

The Sour Diesels are going to finish faster then last time i grew them... i guess its because its from clone this time around... im guessing about 2-3 weeks more for them

Sadhu "melon" and BMR will probably get chopped next week... and the Sadhu "Hashy" will probably go 2 weeks

here are the pics for today

Blue Moon Rocks day 56
8720bmrd56.jpg

8720bmrday56m.jpg

Sadhu "Melon" day 56
8720sadhumelond56.jpg

8720sadhumelond56m.jpg

Sadhu "Hashy" day 56
8720sadhuhashd56.jpg

8720sadhuhashd56m.jpg

Sour Diesel "Lemon" day 49
8720sdld49.jpg

8720sdld49m.jpg

Sour Diesel "Diesel" day 56
8720sddd56.jpg

8720sddd56m.jpg

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Oh yea, dude, those are lookin beautiful. I knew that BMR would fill out and start frosting up...very, very nice Creeptic. You def. got a green thumb. Keep it up, Ill be here for harvest...Just chopped one of my purple BMR today!!!She finished @55 dayz, is super frosty, has mostly cloudy with a few amber trichs, and smells like sour berries with a bit of "funk"!!! What does ur girl smell like?? I think one of my phenos is a bubblegum pheno...she smells like strawberry bubblegum/bubblicious, very yummmm. Stop by for the pics. Later man.

- Z :wave: :sasmokin:

Amazing Work Creeptic! I am extremely intrested in this SOG technique do you have pictures of your setup or did i just miss them? you got some awsome strains running also it must be nice to get a little taste of everything, im flowering some skunk #1 and swazi skunk right now so hopefully those turn out decent. Anyways just figured id stop in and give some positive vibes take it easy man.

Creeptic

TeamSleep said:
Nice work creeptic! Looking real good.
:wave:
Thanks!

ZeusOGrefugee said:
Oh yea, dude, those are lookin beautiful. I knew that BMR would fill out and start frosting up...very, very nice Creeptic. You def. got a green thumb. Keep it up, Ill be here for harvest...Just chopped one of my purple BMR today!!!She finished @55 dayz, is super frosty, has mostly cloudy with a few amber trichs, and smells like sour berries with a bit of "funk"!!! What does ur girl smell like?? I think one of my phenos is a bubblegum pheno...she smells like strawberry bubblegum/bubblicious, very yummmm. Stop by for the pics. Later man.

- Z :wave: :sasmokin:

You called it on the BMR... she filled in and frosted up very late... i was getting a little worried for a minute...lol... im going to go check your harvest right now... my BMR smells like blueberry cotton candy... so sweet and fruity... :yummy:

SmokingGlass said:
Amazing Work Creeptic! I am extremely intrested in this SOG technique do you have pictures of your setup or did i just miss them? you got some awsome strains running also it must be nice to get a little taste of everything, im flowering some skunk #1 and swazi skunk right now so hopefully those turn out decent. Anyways just figured id stop in and give some positive vibes take it easy man.

thanks for stopping in... im interested in how your swazi skunk turns out... i have some swazi skunk seeds... last time i started them i had trouble germing... the one plant that germed was beautiful and healthy... but turned out to be a male :badday: ... i still have seeds left so one of these days ill get around to planting em

as far as the set up... the closest to the set up pic i have is this pic from day 50

basically i just vegged the plants for a very short time (2-3 weeks)... in small containers (5.5" square)... wanted to get 12 plants but i got more males than expected... ended up with 10

after growing this way im seeing the pros and cons of growing like this:

pros
u can grow many different strains simultaneously for a nice varied harvest
short veg time = quicker harvests

cons
hand watering this many plants is a nuisance
have to keep track of which plants got fed/watered... each strain required different frequency of watering... and different nute levels... a real pain... but easily solved with some organization
uneven canopy - can be fixed by keeping the taller plants towards the outside of the lights footprint... and by stacking smaller plants...

if i were to do a similair grow again... id definitely grow from clones only... i would limit it to strains that have a similar stretch to keep the canopy more even.. id limit it to 2-3 strains... and i would pack as many plants in my space that i could (24 plants in the 5.5" pots fits perfectly)... or i would go with fewer plants in a slightly larger container (like 2 gallon grow bags)

overall it may sound like i wrote more cons than pros... but im happy with the results... u can also check a grow by senseless that is similar (multiple strains, 400w, 5.5" pots)

here is his grow (the SOG starts on post #121)

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=31597&page=1

anyways... thanks for checking my grow out... stay tuned for the upcoming harvest and ofcourse the smoke reports :joint:

grow on

Creeptic

only pics of Sadhu "Melon" today

almost done... going to check trichs tomorrow with a nice "real" microscope that i borrowed from a friend... hopefully ill be able to take pics with my camera through the microscope

im guessing this plant will be chopped sometime mid-week

she is a beauty... the hairs turn a bright orange and the calyxs have swelled up HUGE... smells like honeydew melon... :yummy:

8720sadhumelon1.jpg

8720sadhumelon2.jpg

8720sadhumelon3.jpg

8720sadhumelon4.jpg

8720sadhumelon5.jpg

ill have pics of the rest of the plants in the next day or 2

time to go watch the fight with some friends... hopefully they have some good bud there... its been awhile since ive had some smoke

Creeptic

checked the trichs today of the Sadhu... about 15% amber... going to let her go a couple of days.. maybe chop her tuesday or wednesday :woohoo:

have pics of the other plants today... here they go

SD "Diesel" - day 62
8720sddd62a.jpg

8720sddd62b1.jpg

SD "Lemon" - day 55
8720sdld62a1.jpg

8720sdld62b.jpg

Blue Moon Rocks - day 62
8720BMRd62.jpg

G

guest5703

souuuur Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... :yoinks: fuck man, I can't wait til I've got her in my veg room!

Creeptic

Well its day 65 and the Sadhu Melon was ready to come down... so she got the axe... i left the lowest 2 nodes on the plant so the lower buds can mature a little more

buds are ROCK solid... my guess on the yield is about 12-15 grams... which id be happy with because this is one of the smaller plants in the garden... if all 10 plants all yield about 12-15 grams... that'll leave me with a about 4-5 ounces... which is plenty for me :joint:

again this is all guessing.. because the buds arent even dry yet...lol

i did however take a "test bud" which is drying on top of my monitor as we speak

the leaves started purpling on her as u can see in the pics

ill do a prelim smoke report with the test bud... and let them cure for 2 weeks before the real smoke report

anyway... here are the pics... right before chop... and right after

8720IMG_3074.jpg

8720IMG_3077.jpg

8720IMG_3083.jpg

8720IMG_3084.jpg

8720IMG_3092.jpg

8720IMG_3097.jpg

The other plants still have a little time to go... the Blue Moon Rocks will be the next to get chopped... its the smallest plant in the garden by far... probably be lucky to get 7-10 grams from her but ill be revegging her for the next run... the other sadhu is at least a week away... maybe 2... and the same for the SDs

:joint:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:yoinks: WOW dude, that s a beautiful plant... :yummy: Looks like u got about the same size plants as I did...Im very happy w/ the results...nice, tight buds and very frosty!!Lookin good, keep it up..peace

- Z :wave:

Amazing plant makes me wanna buy some more mandala seeds ive only got satori from them right now, But im thinking about picking up Speed Queen and Hashberry both sound quite nice, Im just waiting to see if my other seeds i ordered from seedbay show up its been 21 days now and Im starting to get really nervous I ordered Ice Cream from Paradise Seeds and MindbogglexNYCD from Annec, Im hopeing to start breeding soon and I want to cross Satori with Ice Cream and try to create Mint Chocolate Chip or somthing HAhhaha because the satori has a very minty sort of smell and flavor. Anyways Im rambleing haha but the one swazi skunk that I did get to grow healthy turned out to be a male....so we both got screwed lol but ive still got like 8 seeds left so maybe someday Ive only got one confirmed female so far and 3 males so hopefully shit will work out I dont want another small harvest. Anyways Just figured I would drop by and see what was going on in your corner of the world, Your buds are looking tastier by the day what drying technique do you use, 3 days hanging 3 days in paper bags then jars is what I do and I love it smoke came out so smooth. Lemmie know whats good man.

Creeptic

ZeusOGrefugee said:
:yoinks: WOW dude, that s a beautiful plant... :yummy: Looks like u got about the same size plants as I did...Im very happy w/ the results...nice, tight buds and very frosty!!Lookin good, keep it up..peace

- Z :wave:

Thanks Z! Your purple AK is a work of art. Hope you plan to keep her in the garden for a long time... amazing plant... hope u get to do an outdoor grow with her... that would be incredible

SmokingGlass said:
Amazing plant makes me wanna buy some more mandala seeds ive only got satori from them right now, But im thinking about picking up Speed Queen and Hashberry both sound quite nice, Im just waiting to see if my other seeds i ordered from seedbay show up its been 21 days now and Im starting to get really nervous I ordered Ice Cream from Paradise Seeds and MindbogglexNYCD from Annec, Im hopeing to start breeding soon and I want to cross Satori with Ice Cream and try to create Mint Chocolate Chip or somthing HAhhaha because the satori has a very minty sort of smell and flavor. Anyways Im rambleing haha but the one swazi skunk that I did get to grow healthy turned out to be a male....so we both got screwed lol but ive still got like 8 seeds left so maybe someday Ive only got one confirmed female so far and 3 males so hopefully shit will work out I dont want another small harvest. Anyways Just figured I would drop by and see what was going on in your corner of the world, Your buds are looking tastier by the day what drying technique do you use, 3 days hanging 3 days in paper bags then jars is what I do and I love it smoke came out so smooth. Lemmie know whats good man.

Yeah SG, mandala strains get two thumbs up from me... im definitely getting some more mandala genetics... probably hashberry and satori... good luck with those crosses... sounds good to me :yummy:

as far as my drying/curing process... i do the same as you without the paper bag step... i hang them til the stems snap when bent... then I jar them "burping" the jars every day for a couple of weeks

the sadhu melon i harvested is dry and currently in her jar :woohoo:

dry yield ended up more than i expected :joint: ... 18 grams total... if i get 18 grams per plant... that'll be a little more than 6 ounces... more than enough to last me for a long while... it'll probably end up being more because the sadhu melon was my second smallest plant @ 18g... all of the SDs, and the other Sadhu will definitley out yield her

and in other more important news... i gave that test bud i took a try... ill give the full report when she has cured for at least a week... but for now here is a preliminary report

the smoke was harsh as expected because of the quick dry and zero cure.. hard to pinpoint the taste, ill wait til she is cured for that... the high comes on gradually and is a good mix of body/head high... very potent... the high lasts for a LONG time... its a real "happy" high and would be a great social strain... cant wait til she is cured so i can taste the bud instead of the chlorophyll

the other plants are still chugging along... the BMR is coated with trichs now :yummy: ... all the plants have atleast a week to go... ive been checking the trichs under a microscope every couple of days... and trying to be as patient as possible and not chop em prematurely

ill have new pics tomorrow

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Any updates Creeptic? I'm anxious to see how the SD clones turned out. I've got about 40 SD clones, so I think I'll be running a very similar style grow in a couple weeks. Minimum veg, 4 plants per sqft, I'm hoping to grow out four of each plant I took cuttings from. (20 from each)