What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3rd grow: Sour Diesel IBL, Sadhu, BOG Medley

Creeptic

been playing around with the camera learning how to get better macro shots... so here are a couple more pics... by the time there are trichs ill have enough practice to take some really good macros...lol :pointlaug

This BOG Medley showed his balls today :badday: .. going to let him live for a few more days, then he gets binned with the others

8720bogmale.jpg

heres the other BOG Medley... sex still unknown... im guessing(hoping) its a girl at this point... should know for sure in a couple of days

8720bogunknown.jpg

Creeptic

lots of updates today

my 400w ballast is wired and ready to go (just waiting on the bulb... should be here tomorrow)

First up we have the Sour Diesel IBL diesel phenotype... they are done with their stretch... i topped these down to 6 inches right before 12/12... all 4 tripled in height (16-18" now)... and all have 3-4 "tops"... starting to bud up and trichs are starting to develop... only about 60 more days :badday:

Sour Diesel IBL "diesel pheno"
8720sdd3.jpg

8720sdd.jpg

8720sdd2.jpg

Next we have Sour Diesel IBL lemon pheno... these were tiny just rooted clones about 4 inches tall when they went to 12/12... they are about 7-10 inches tall now and still stretching... these are about a week behind the other diesel... but thats fine, this one finishes about 10 days quicker then the other one

Sour Diesel IBL "lemon pheno"
8720sdl.jpg

The white widows are 3 weeks old... right from seed into 12/12

Nirvana White Widow
8720ww.jpg

The BOG medley is somewhat of a runt @ 6" tall... and the leaves on one side look strange (twisted with a strange texture)... i think its wind burn because its only on one side of the plant... the side that was directly in front of the fan... so i moved the fan... i was unsure about sex still, but after taking this pic im pretty sure i see 2 white hairs in there...

8720bogmcro.jpg

Even though its a runt im going to let it live and see what i can get with it... possibly even reveg it and make a mom to give this one another shot with a grow from clone
8720bog1.jpg

Next is the Sadhus... these girls are growing quick and healthy... i took a cutting from one a few days ago... hopefully it roots... my first time taking a cutting during flowering...

Sadhu
8720sadhu1.jpg

and thats it... the male is doing fine in its "male isolation chamber" right now... ill try and take some pics of the male later today... its just in the window sil catching sunlight, ill try and collect some pollen in another week or two and possibly try and cross it with the sour diesel... still debating... im just so scared of screwing up and pollenating the whole grow :pointlaug

Last edited:

Creeptic

heres the male Sadhu that i kept for pollen

8720male1.jpg

8720malemacro.jpg

also made some cannabutter today with the other 3 males i chopped... i read somewhere on icmag that males werent a complete waste and could be used for butter... so i figured why not give it a try

its in the fridge hardening right now... should be ready in a couple of hours... ill wait til tomorrow to give it a try... really curious to see the effects, if any

Last edited:

Creeptic

ok... so im impatient...lol

i tried the cannabutter today... ate it about 5 hours ago, just spread a little on some toast and ate it:

taste - is pretty bad actually... im sure it wont be as bad when cooked in something... but just plain on toast wasnt too great

high - about 45 minutes after eating i was reading... and found myself reading the same phrase over and over... had to put down the book... watched some TV... couldnt keep my attention span... got a phone call... was pretty high through the convo, probably said 5 words total... and really wasnt following what the person was saying...lol

well its now 5 hours later and im still feeling the effects

i must say im impressed and shocked... from a small amount of butter made ONLY with males ive been good and high for 5 hours now... certainly a different high then smoking, but good nonetheless... starting to come down now i think... cant imagine a bigger dose

i ate the butter with an empty stomach, in case anyone was curious

verdict of the story: dont throw out your males

for the record - this post is taking way too long for me to finish... i blame the butter lol :pointlaug

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Hey Creeptic, nice lookin grow u got goin on there. I noticed that BOG female u have, it looks an awful lot like my Blue Moon Rocks girls. Aside from one runt sativa-lookin pheno, my girls all look like yours. If u got a BMR Mom, KEEP HER!!! I didnt keep a clone or anything the last time i grew BMR, and I have regretted it ever since. Some of the best herb Ive ever smoked!!! I have 11 BMR females flowering right now @ about 20 days or so, and Im gonna reveg my 2 best phenos and keep them for a while. Soooo frosty, ive never seen so much frost on a plant before. Good luck, I hope she's a keeper...Peace. Check out my BMR pics....

:jawdrop: from my first BMR grow...

And my girls in flower as we speak...

sativa runt

Peace out bro, and good luck with the grow. Im pullin up a chair to this one... :smoweed:

Creeptic

ZeusOGrefugee said:
Hey Creeptic, nice lookin grow u got goin on there. I noticed that BOG female u have, it looks an awful lot like my Blue Moon Rocks girls. Aside from one runt sativa-lookin pheno, my girls all look like yours. If u got a BMR Mom, KEEP HER!!! I didnt keep a clone or anything the last time i grew BMR, and I have regretted it ever since. Some of the best herb Ive ever smoked!!! I have 11 BMR females flowering right now @ about 20 days or so, and Im gonna reveg my 2 best phenos and keep them for a while. Soooo frosty, ive never seen so much frost on a plant before. Good luck, I hope she's a keeper...Peace. Check out my BMR pics....

:jawdrop: from my first BMR grow...

welcome zeus
:wave:

:yoinks: that BMR of yours looks delicious :yummy:

gives me a little reassurance on my lil runty bog girl...lol.. i do plan on revegging her and keeping a mom... ive never tried to reveg before, but ive been researching, looks simple enough... so hopefully i dont screw it up... and if that doesnt work... i have 5 more beans from my BOG medley... hopefully i dont have germ problems this time around

thanks for checkin in, u have a grow diary currently going? be cool to stay updated on your BMRs

anyway thanks for checkin in... stay tuned... things will get frosty in about a week or two

and in other news...

Got my 400w bulb today and its up and running... damn this thing is bright... i mean i knew it would be brighter then the 250w, but this thing is blinding... going to have to wear shades when checkin on the plants from now on :cool:

i raised the light... its about 8 inches from the canopy top now... measured temps at canopy... 85... temp in the closet staying at 81-82... going to probably have to get that stanley blower, 82 is acceptable, but the weather is getting warmer here a month or so down the line and temps might skyrocket out of control... one thing i learned from my previous grows was its best to plan for the worst and fix issues before they become problems..

ps.

took that cannabutter i made yesterday and made sugar cookies with it today :yummy: ... taste is obviously much better now, cookies only have a very faint weed taste... ate 2 this afternoon and stayed high for about 4-5 hours... good stuff, ill never throw out a male again... prefer smoking over eating any day... but its a good change of pace... especially since stash levels are at an all time low :badday:

southpaw

Plants are looking great Creeptic, makes me want to start some seeds again so bad... but my stash is absolutely massive for my needs, and I promised the roommate I'd take a break. Never could get a grip on the smell, a blower seemed like overkill under a 150 HPS, and the girls absolutely demolished Ona blocks lol.

I've got to second the BMR comments, I only popped 2 from my pack and was lucky enough to get one female. Not a vigorous plant, although I'm almost sure I hit her with too much N early, and she was also the third LST'd plant under my 150, so obviously conditions weren't ideal. Smoked some today, and after two months curing the herb is delicious, its lost almost all its harshness, plus the strange disinfectant twang it had at harvest. Very clear dried fruit aftertaste, somewhere between wine and raisins, and a calm laid back high.

I'm hoping you get one man! Either way those Sadhus look beautiful, seen and heard nothing but good things about Mike's strains, and you're obviously treating them well. :lurk:

Creeptic

southpaw said:
Plants are looking great Creeptic, makes me want to start some seeds again so bad... but my stash is absolutely massive for my needs, and I promised the roommate I'd take a break. Never could get a grip on the smell, a blower seemed like overkill under a 150 HPS, and the girls absolutely demolished Ona blocks lol.

I've got to second the BMR comments, I only popped 2 from my pack and was lucky enough to get one female. Not a vigorous plant, although I'm almost sure I hit her with too much N early, and she was also the third LST'd plant under my 150, so obviously conditions weren't ideal. Smoked some today, and after two months curing the herb is delicious, its lost almost all its harshness, plus the strange disinfectant twang it had at harvest. Very clear dried fruit aftertaste, somewhere between wine and raisins, and a calm laid back high.

I'm hoping you get one man! Either way those Sadhus look beautiful, seen and heard nothing but good things about Mike's strains, and you're obviously treating them well. :lurk:

thanks man.... this really has me excited about the BOG... i think she is excited too, cuz after a good feeding and a day under the 400w she has perked up alot this morning... cant wait... BMR flowers pretty quickly right? 45-50 days?

nothing but praise for Mike's beans from me... im sold, next order im going to grab some Hashberry and Satori... maybe even another pack of Sadhu... just cant beat it for the price

by the way... great quotes in the sig... always been a Steven Wright fan... and the wire is probably the best show on TV, cant wait for next season

Creeptic

thanks to zeus and southpaw im pretty sure my BOG is a BMR... took it out of the grow away from the diesels... and gave her a good smell... smells like berries... so im 90% sure its BMR :joint:

both white widows turned out to be males, chopped em... so i have 10 girls total now

i think im at 27 days now and things are getting nice and frosty :yummy:

heres a couple of pics of one of the sadhu girls

8720sadhud27.jpg

8720sadhumacro.jpg

times moving... and im almost out of bud :yoinks:
i think i might have enough for 2 more weeks, then im dry until harvest :badday:
its been over a year since ive had to buy weed... and i dont think im going to buy any ever again... so i guess im going to have to go for about a month of no smoking :yoinks: .. wont be easy, but at least it will give me a fresh perspective when it comes to testing these girls out

Last edited:

Creeptic

never too long without updated pictures... here are some from today... everybody is getting nice and frosty, looking like ill have plenty of frosty trim for the bubble bags come harvest time... sorry no updated BMR pics.. the BMR pictures came out shitty for some reason... ill get her next time... she is starting to frost up too but not as much as the others

Sour Diesel IBL "diesel" - day 31
8720sddd31.jpg

8720sddd31m.jpg

Sadhu - day 31
8720sadd31.jpg

Sour Diesel IBL "lemon" - day 24
8720sdld31.jpg

8720sdld31m.jpg

the sadhu is looking like its going to be a beast.... frosty as hell and the buds are DENSE... very strange smell to her, its very earthy... the diesels smell as expected, STRONG... and the BMR smells like candy

going to be a nice varied harvest, lots of different flavors... cant wait!

Creeptic

sackoweed said:
looking good.. great work clean.. peace..

sack

rule35sub1 said:
Creeptic, it looks really good. Love the pics.

:wave: :wave:

sup guys... thanks for checkin the ladies

im really looking forward to this Sadhu... didnt know what to expect... one of the plants is VERY frosty and putting on trichs by the boatload daily

the clone i took of this sadhu has roots after 14 days.... :woohoo: i was worried because i never took a clone during flowering before... i took this one @ about 3 weeks... rooted no problem (so far... its still in the cloner)... just a little yellowing of the leaves

anyway... here is a pic today from the land of trichs

8720sadhumacro1.jpg

Creeptic

ill update todays entry with some really bad news

the plants have been flowering for 5 weeks now... they are all doing well outside of a slight N deficiency in one of the Sadhus that i think i have under control

so whats the bad news?

the bad news is that earlier today i smoked the last of my stash :badday: ... no more bud, no more hash, no shake, no kief in the grinder... already gathered up all the "finger hash" from the jars... i am official 100% without stash

its been over a year since i started growing my own... and i havent been dry since then.. its going to be a rough road ahead til harvest/drying/curing

now i will have to summon incredible will power to go these next 4-6 weeks without any smoke :pointlaug

its not going to be easy... and i refuse to buy weed anymore... so im really going to be put to the test... wish me luck :bashhead:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
good luck man. Look at it this way though, when u DO start smokin again, you'll only get that much higher and need much less...Just my $.02. Peace.

-Z

Creeptic

ZeusOGrefugee said:
good luck man. Look at it this way though, when u DO start smokin again, you'll only get that much higher and need much less...Just my $.02. Peace.

-Z

yeah thats how im trying to look at it... and it will be cool to do some smoke reports from a "virgin" perspective for a change... very strange how much longer the days seem when i dont smoke... lol

but man... its true what they say... you dont realize what you had til its gone... today was a pretty stressful day, and a nice J would of made this day that much easier... but instead im staring at a bunch of empty jars...

at least i can go in to the grow and smell the plants :pointlaug lol ... thats about as close to smoking as i can get right now

how's your bmr doing?

my bmr has straightened out... its still a runt... smallest plant in the garden at 11 inches tall... not that much as far as trich production goes right now... but the smell is incredible... sweet berry candy smell :yummy:... seriously the tastiest smelling plant ive ever grown... doesnt smell like weed much at all... just smells like berries... a very big contrast to the fuel and grapefruit smell of the sour diesels next to it

Creeptic

Day 38

Day 38

Here we go... day 38... took lots of pics... unfortunatly with a flash this time so the pics arent as nice... but oh well...

Sour Diesel IBL "Diesel" Day 38
8720sddd38.jpg

8720sddcd38.jpg

8720sddmd38.jpg

Sour Diesel IBL "Lemon" Day 31
8720sdld38.jpg

8720sdlcd38.jpg

8720sdlmd38.jpg

Sadhu Day 38
8720sadhud38.jpg

8720sadhucd38.jpg

8720sadhumd38.jpg

Blue Moon Rocks Day 38
8720bogd38.jpg

8720bogcd38.jpg

8720bogmd38.jpg

as you can see... the BMR isnt nearly as frosty as the other plants... but she is smelling incredible... supposed to be ready 50-55 days... but its looking like she is going to take a bit longer... she didnt show sex until day 21 or so... so she obviously needs more time

on another note

i dont think ill be growing in these small containers again... for a few reasons:

-more frequent waterings
-i think the 2 sadhus are close to rootbound
-hand watering 10 plants, different strains... is no fun... all on different nute schedules... and each strain requires different frequency of waterings... a royal pain in the ass

if i do an SOG style grow again... ill only do from clones... and probably do 1 strain in a soil bed

its not all bad tho... i like running multiple strains at once for a varied harvest... and ofcourse the very short veg time is great... but i think next grow ill go back to large containers and big bushes... maybe another scrog... maybe just lst... we will see

Last edited:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
:wave: Hey Creeptic. Things are lookin good there man!!! I have to say, u def got a BMR there, I have no doubt about it...She looks good. Be patient with her, now that she started gettin frosty...watch out!!! Shes gonna start puttin on alot of weight in the resin dept. methinks...They are a little slow to get goin, but once they do, its trich city!!!!! Ill show u some pics to compare...BOG himself once told me that this strain is a nute hog in flower, he said to pump them up in weeks 4-6 to get really chunky buds...worked for me. And def let her go past 55-60 days IMO, she needs a little longer to get that really couchlock high, but its worth it..trust me. Your gonna LOVE that shit. Im gonna reveg 3 of mine too and make mommas, so Ill be watchin this grow closely...Heres the link to my thread...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53875

Enjoy the pics, and keep it green man... :wave: :joint:

G

looking great creeptic lots of trichs showing already
i have a similar belief as u to buying bro i wont buy anymore besides even if i take a plant a bit early it still better then most u can buy
keep it growing green
p.s. i will cross my fingers and spread some hold off vibes towards ya lol

R

rule35sub1

Wow, nice pics. When you run out of stash, that's what fellow growers are for. They float you til you harvest.

Latest posts

Latest posts